Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Don't play the "What happened?" card, That dumb gaslighting from Nixx and Batman was as much BS as this is.
    Don't act so stuck up. This isn't a "Poor Theo! Those conservatives must have brainwashed you!" post but more to point out a decline in post quality. This isn't the first time you ripped into "liberals" (you, like many on these forums keep lumping unrelated people into the same group) but those posts made sense. This? This is just really sad.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    /looks at the soviet bloc

do we really want to go tit for tat on this?
    We gave it to 'em. Shall we ask Latin America, or Africa or South East Asia about the warm embrace of Democracy America visited upon them?

Or how in the process of liberating eastern Europe we allowed such wonderful fuckups as the Taliban to transpire in that goals name?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    That's really only one area of contention, the fact is both sides view the other with hostility and neither side is truly willing to blink first. Every President has tried to make nice since the wall fell, it's never seemed to work out and I see no reason to believe it would now.
    If moving NATO to Russia's border is making nice, By all the Old Gods and the New, what would be aggressive look like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    If moving NATO to Russia's border is making nice, By all the Old Gods and the New, what would be aggressive look like?
    Uh huh...and Russia has done absolutely nothing provocative in your eyes? Why is it the fault of the US if the countries near Russia want to join NATO?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Yeah, hacking the DNC and releasing the information is one thing, funding the 9/11 hijakers (through 3rd party organizations according to intelligence reports that the US Gov won't release), and spreading their Wahhabist ideology that is destabilizing the world is something else entirely.
    HEY! But PUTIN and his PUTINIST BULSHEVISM (My favorite phrase an MMO-C poster coined) are ummmm, fighting ISIS? wait..... WELL THEY MADE THE PUBLIC MORE AWARE THAT HILLARY WASN'T GREAT! and isn't that the REAL terrorism?
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

We gave it to 'em. Shall we ask Latin America, or Africa or South East Asia about the warm embrace of Democracy America visited upon them?

Or how in the process of liberating eastern Europe we allowed such wonderful fuckups as the Taliban to transpire in that goals name?
    I'm aware of the thing called history. not seeing how this excuses Russians doing it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Uh huh...and Russia has done absolutely nothing provocative in your eyes? Why is it the fault of the US if the countries near Russia want to join NATO?
    They invaded a country that has historically been Russian going back to the Kieven Rus, that the US wasn't going to do shit to help anyway?

Lets see, well it can't be their stance on Gay people since we let that slide when the Saudi's do it. It can't be Putin's embrace of Christianity because we don't care if Middle Eastern dictators are openly theocratic.

I'm aware of the thing called history. not seeing how this excuses Russians doing it.
    That is Theo's fallback argument. Two wrongs make a right.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

7+ Year Old Account
    First remove the plank out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your neighbors eye. :3

First remove the plank out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your neighbors eye. :3
    /insert vapid platitude

am I doing this right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    That is Theo's fallback argument. Two wrongs make a right.
    Two wrongs?

Russia releasing emails is comparable to America's global election "activities," only in the same sense that a kid who pushes a kid of a swing and Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold shoot 'em up game at Columbine are both technically examples of School Violence.

Outrage sells. And plenty of people love to be outraged. Business is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    (source)

I wonder how the media intends to report on Donald Trump? Since it apparently won't be interviewing him. The reaction Joe Scarborough got reminds me of when Jimmy Fallon(?) let Trump on his show and the Liberals in this country shit a brick.
    Medias are in for a lot of fun since the president speaks almost exclusively on twitter now.

Even here in Canada, journals are making articles based on these tweets. The amount of hyperbole is astounding, I got to give this to journalists. They have a knack of making something out of nothing.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's an Opinion article where he complains that some people gave him grief on Twitter about doing an interview with Trump. He took that and somehow jumped to saying all media was hyperventilating. So it's both just an opinion piece, and making a huge false generalization that somehow people giving him grief on Twitter applies to all media and anything to do with Trump. Anyone can say anything pro-Trump (or anti-Trump ftm) on Twitter and you'll probably get 1000 people posting angry replies for and against him.

If anything the media has taken it easy on Trump lately. Him making shocking comments on Twitter daily has already reached the point I think that it's not really interesting news anymore and it's usually just a minor blurb at the bottom of the day's news.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Medias are in for a lot of fun since the president speaks almost exclusively on twitter now.

Even here in Canada, journals are making articles based on these tweets. The amount of hyperbole is astounding, I got to give this to journalists. They have a knack of making something out of nothing.
    I don't think a president shitposting on social media is nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the media's responsibility to keep a Trump presidency honest and we all know Trump isn't a stranger to stretching the truth or changing narratives towards his benefit.

It's pretty sad when the president says something about you have to pause to think about how much faith you should put in his statements.

OP is one of my favorite posters on Off-Topic. I love watching him fall apart as the discussion goes on before he finds a few opinion article to champion.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    his tweets are about as content filled as what he says elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    What's worst, shitposting or making a complete article based on a shitpost?

In other words, is the shitposter worst than the journalist making a living out of making a shitpost about a shitpost?

Food for thoughts.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The president-elect being a dumbass in public is worse. It's not even a contest.
    That is correct.

Still not as bad a paying your way to the top, using your husband historic and contacts, yet having the charisma of an abandonned leather bag from the 1900s and managing to lose against someone who was deemed a national joke. But still worse than journalists who prefer to make money from clickbait articles.
    Google Diversity Memo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The president-elect being a dumbass in public is worse. It's not even a contest.
    I'd rather have a plain-spoken "dumbass" than a pseudo-intellectual like Hillary any day.

As far as OP's topic: The thread has derailed into pointless America vs Russian crap, when it should be America vs MSM.

Yes, MSM knowingly deflected and used Russia as a scape goat.

No, Russia is not a bastion of any kind of moral code. It's embarrassing how global news stopped covering Ukraine.

Kinda overall pathetic don't you think? MSM wants to push the election into some Russian conspiracy, but won't even bother to cover actual, truthful, news like the invasion of Ukraine?

MSM just wants to dig a hole, but not too deep as to expose their own *cough* conflicts of interest.

There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.