Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Could swear I recall some rather angsty posts about journalists too chummy with Democrats this cycle...
    They did get chummy buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut it wouldn't surprise me if it was ok to get super chummy with republicans to.

*Points at Breitbart*
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    So many words to say nothing useful at all. Why did I even read that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I mean, you'd surely have a point if he hadn't used less Executive Orders than the last...well...10-15 presidents? Funny that isn't it.
    that's called "playing with numbers", sure he signed less "executive orders" but he also signed many many more "presidential memorandums".
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ders/20191805/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    LOL What hypocrisy?

1) Obama had the fewest executive orders since Grover Cleveland. Can you guys just educate yourselves already when it comes to executive orders and Obama?

2) Speaking of educating yourselves, executive orders are relatively limited in their power and scope. Any expansion of power of the government by Obama would be through legislation he helped write and subsequently managed to get through the legislature, which means even Republicans agreed to it. Executive orders have to follow already established powers, and any that were not within those powers can be overturned by the legislature and/or supreme court. The president has been granted various powers in EOs by the legislature, past and present. If you dislike any particular EO, take it up with them.

3) Speaking of people disliking Obama's EO's, I haven't met a single person who can tell me which executive order they dislike specifically. They just make up excuses and throw personal attacks to make up for their own inadequacy in knowing what they're talking about.

It'll be pretty funny though, I can't wait to see how many Trump tries to get through that are blatantly outside of his powers to pass. Also the numbers. Trump is clearly a power hungry maniac. Can't wait to start crushing these tears about Obama's EO's when Trump begins firing them off as fast as he flatulates.
    speaking of educating yourself
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ders/20191805/
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    I've never said I disliked Obama, I've actually said in many threads I didn't mind him as a president. The hypocrisy is you going "ÖMG TRUMP IS A FACISTS COMPLETELY BASED ON MY PERSONAL OPINION OF HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111 COZ HES GUNNA TRY GET POWAH THROUGH EO'S!!!!!!!" When every other president has made EO's.

Though self-awareness seems lost on you.
    ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL

You said what you did in response to someone saying Obama greatly expanded powers of government through EO's. If you don't actually believe that, don't respond to posts like that.

Trump's past shown personality demonstrates that he attempts to get whatever he wants by any means necessary, and is an extreme narcissist. Anyone who thinks the highest position in the land will humble him is not just naive, but ignorant to an extreme degree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    Memoranda have even less power than executive orders, and neither one has the power to expand the powers of the presidency or government beyond what is already given. It can mandate that certain agencies and bureaus under direct control of the president focus on a task that is already in their scope... as in your own article points out, Obama passed a memoranda ordering the FDA to track firearms in a federal investigation... which is something that already can and should happen under law.

Your own article even dances around the fact that they are limited in scope, and picks a few trace examples while the rest it seems to have no comment on. Wonder why that is...
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL

You said what you did in response to someone saying Obama greatly expanded powers of government through EO's. If you don't actually believe that, don't respond to posts like that.

Trump's past shown personality demonstrates that he attempts to get whatever he wants by any means necessary, and is an extreme narcissist. Anyone who thinks the highest position in the land will humble him is not just naive, but ignorant to an extreme degree.

- - - Updated - - -

Memoranda have even less power than executive orders, and neither one has the power to expand the powers of the presidency or government beyond what is already given. It can mandate that certain agencies and bureaus under direct control of the president focus on a task that is already in their scope... as in your own article points out, Obama passed a memoranda ordering the FDA to track firearms in a federal investigation... which is something that already can and should happen under law.

Your own article even dances around the fact that they are limited in scope, and picks a few trace examples while the rest it seems to have no comment on. Wonder why that is...
    never said it was a bad thing or a good thing just pointing out that manipulating numbers to make it seem like Obama used less executive actions then other recent presidents when he in fact he used more is disingenuous. but that of course plays right into your wheelhouse
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    jesus, this is getting sad. SAD.
    Lets admit that theo is atm a contrarian troll and dont bother with it. Its easier
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Lets admit that theo is atm a contrarian troll and dont bother with it. Its easier
    I would prefer it if you and the cohort who seem to just really not like reading these posts, then don't?

I mean I get the feeling a lot of you are like Mehrunes, unless I am lockstep in rigid agreement with you I'm basically the devil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Largely because Fallon was asking the most white-bread, sanitized questions possible rather than doing his job as a media personality and, you know, interviewing.
    Fallon doesn't do a "serious" talk show. It is a comedic late night show. Why would he ask serious questions? I doubt he asked a serious question to any of his guests. That's not really the jist of the show.

Best to get used to this though. The left has clearly signaled that they aren't going to let go of this election. They are going to make us relive it the next 4 years (and maybe 8). It is all they have until they come up with a new playbook.

It looks like Megyn Kelly is leaving FOX to join NBC and get in on the Trump bashing. It must have been so stifling for her to have to appear balanced on FOX. Now she will be able to unleash her bias unfettered.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...-join-nbc-news

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I would prefer it if you and the cohort who seem to just really not like reading these posts, then don't?

I mean I get the feeling a lot of you are like Mehrunes, unless I am lockstep in rigid agreement with you I'm basically the devil.
    I'm not a mehrune, but i feel amusement in your postings.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

I like reading your posts and rolling my eyes at them. it's one thing to have an opinion that runs counter to mine and posting such obvious drivel that I refuse to believe you really mean it. you should take it as a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    And then there are "independents" like you who like to claim neutrality, but obviously subscribe to Trump's facism post after post.
    1) I never claimed to be neutral, I just enjoy pointing out how hypocritical both political parties are ALL..THE...TIME. Like really, all the time. Both parties....constantly.
    2) Trump is the 2nd worst person in my life time to run for president.

Want to try again?

Considering the vast legion of countries whose elections we overthrew by force of arms, the number of corpses OUR election shenanigans have produced and our own interference that got Borris Yeltsen in charge of Russia itself,

If releasing emails that confirmed just how corrupt Hillary Clinton is, is the worse the world does in retaliation, Fuck, Yeah I really don't care.
    How about the electric company finding evidence of Russia hacking, or is security of our power grid also no big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    It looks like Megyn Kelly is leaving FOX to join NBC and get in on the Trump bashing. It must have been so stifling for her to have to appear balanced on FOX. Now she will be able to unleash her bias unfettered.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...-join-nbc-news
    Wow, this kinda deserves it's own thread (maybe there is one and I missed it /shrug). She's pretty hard core conservative, which explains in part why she won't capitulate to Trump. I only know of one other outspoken conservative in NBC's news family. Should be interesting to see if her political tone remains consistent and also curious to see if NBC goes after any more conservatives.

I still see Trump having a very good shot at fracturing the GOP, and if FOX remains steadfast in his corner, you could see a lot of conservatives looking for a differnt "News" outlet. Seems like NBC would be poised to gain some market share if they can balance out some of their programming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    How about the electric company finding evidence of Russia hacking, or is security of our power grid also no big deal?
    I've heard that there is no actual evidence available. Just a lot of people saying they know someone who knows about some evidence. Assange is adamant that the Russians had nothing to do with the leaked/hacked emails and notes the language in the security reports do not specify any direct Russian hacking, only mentions of "Russia attempting to interfere with the election", allowing readers to draw their own conclusions without directly saying "They did it", which gives them deniability when/if the truth comes out to show the claims on Russian hacking to be false.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yet, it turns out this narrative was false and as the chronology below will show, illustrates how effectively false and misleading news can ricochet through the global news echo chamber through the pages of top tier newspapers that fail to properly verify their facts.
    (source)

Turns out that story was fake as fuck, but hey, maybe the damn dirty ruskies hacked Forbes too. HOW DEEP DOES THE RABBIT HOLE GO?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

(source)

Turns out that story was fake as fuck, but hey, maybe the damn dirty ruskies hacked Forbes too. HOW DEEP DOES THE RABBIT HOLE GO?!
    Well it is Trumpland where facts don't exist anymore.

Well it is Trumpland where facts don't exist anymore.
    That's true. Trumpland and the DNC are pretty synonymous.

(source)

Well, CLEARLY Forbes is now a deplorable alt-right fake news shit hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Wow, this kinda deserves it's own thread (maybe there is one and I missed it /shrug). She's pretty hard core conservative, which explains in part why she won't capitulate to Trump. I only know of one other outspoken conservative in NBC's news family. Should be interesting to see if her political tone remains consistent and also curious to see if NBC goes after any more conservatives.

I still see Trump having a very good shot at fracturing the GOP, and if FOX remains steadfast in his corner, you could see a lot of conservatives looking for a differnt "News" outlet. Seems like NBC would be poised to gain some market share if they can balance out some of their programming.

- - - Updated - - -

I've heard that there is no actual evidence available. Just a lot of people saying they know someone who knows about some evidence. Assange is adamant that the Russians had nothing to do with the leaked/hacked emails and notes the language in the security reports do not specify any direct Russian hacking, only mentions of "Russia attempting to interfere with the election", allowing readers to draw their own conclusions without directly saying "They did it", which gives them deniability when/if the truth comes out to show the claims on Russian hacking to be false.
    Megyn Kelly is not a hardcore conservative, fucking hell. She's a moderate whose whole media schtick is based on her getting in the face of everyone and asking hardnosed questions.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Megyn Kelly is not a hardcore conservative, fucking hell. She's a moderate whose whole media schtick is based on her getting in the face of everyone and asking hardnosed questions.
    Just a hard working journalist who wants to make sure everyone knows Santa Clause is white.