View Poll Results: Is boredom worse than death?

Voters
121. This poll is closed
  • Yes

30 24.79%
  • No

69 57.02%
  • Maybe so/not

22 18.18%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Only boring people need direction and fulfillment.
    For the rest of us boredom is a good motivator to do stuff. To give direction and fulfillment to the boring people.
    Well, I did read somewhere that life is only boring to boring people?

You want to know whats worse than boredom and death?

Depression.

Deleted
    Let's not lose sight of the fact that there are different types of boredom. There's the boredom that's forced upon you, for example in a queue or a lecture, and then there's boredom with life in general. The latter appears to be the problem, but frankly, it's your own lack of initiative and imagination thatplays in here . Resourceful people are seldom bored. Do some work, find a new hobby, call a friend, get a dog. Only apathy leads to being bored with life.

Deleted
    "i'm bored"

- white people problems

Get bored fucking bad bitchs. I want a woman who can arouse my intellect as well as my loins.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't understand how anyone can view boredom as bad. Maybe it's a byproduct of growing up in a world where you are constantly spoonfed braindead entertainment? Anyhow, being bored is natural, it's good for you, and it enhances your creativity. And if you cannot find anything to do that stops you being bored, that just means that your creativity is already destroyed by consuming too much of the aforementioned braindead trash entertainment.

Seriously, if you view boredom as being worse than death, I think something is very wrong with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    No lol the entire point is to choose between permanent boredom or death.

- - - Updated - - -

What if the bolded part isn't the case?

If you don't think boredom causes some kind of suffering, you must have never truly been bored for days at a time.
    There are three things I do in a day, eat, sleep, and a fat load of nothing. So I've pretty much been living with boredom since I left school, ok I found school extremely boring as well. It's just a meh sensation, no pain nor despair, just a lot of "I wish something interesting happens today." though interesting things are overrated as most of the time it's something worse than the meh feeling of having nothing of consequence to do. Though as I find meh feelings to be rather meh, I do actually attempt to find entertainment somewhere as having fun trumps meh, and meh trumps no feelings at all.

Lolno...boredom will pass, death is permanent and finite.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is millions of people in the world who simply want to die because they are bored from life.

And those people are not stupid, they traveled alot, they met alot of different people, they are trying different things in life, but still they are tired from life, and its impossible to judge those people if you are not of them.

Stupid people judging other ppl lifes from their own life experience.

My life is fun yeah, but i understand that there is alot who tired from living and they simply want to die without hurting anyone.

If life is amazingly fun,intresting and beautiful to me and you, it doesnt mean that life is fun and intresting for evryone.

People who want to die deserve to have right for that.

Euthanasia is already legalized in Switzerland,Nederlands, and Belgium for people with seriuous diseases, and Nederlands goverment have plans on legalizing euthanasia for evryone including people who have no problems with health but simply tired of living..
    Last edited by Luckx; 2017-01-05 at 05:30 PM.

You can do something about being bored. You can't do anything about being dead.

Boredom is not worse than death.

10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Ramon Sampedro case

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    I can't understand how anyone can view boredom as bad. Maybe it's a byproduct of growing up in a world where you are constantly spoonfed braindead entertainment? Anyhow, being bored is natural, it's good for you, and it enhances your creativity. And if you cannot find anything to do that stops you being bored, that just means that your creativity is already destroyed by consuming too much of the aforementioned braindead trash entertainment.

Seriously, if you view boredom as being worse than death, I think something is very wrong with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    LMAO no.

you can stop being bored at some point, especially if you have friends but you cannot stop being dead.

I'm not afraid of death but I would rather choose boredom over death because I can stop being bored.
    Quote Originally Posted by alzoron View Post
    People that get bored easily and treat it as if it were the worst thing in the world annoy the shit out of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    I disagree, boredom is temporary, death is not. Even in extreme cases. You can stop being bored after awhile or at least have hope that you wont be bored in the future in more extreme cases but you can't stop being dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    Gonna go out on a limb here and say no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    You cannot stop been dead. You can easily stop been bored. People that are constantly bored or cannot stop been bored lack imagination, creativity and intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    “HUMAN BEINGS MAKE LIFE SO INTERESTING. DO YOU KNOW, THAT IN A UNIVERSE SO FULL OF WONDERS, THEY HAVE MANAGED TO INVENT BOREDOM.”

― Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
    Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    "i'm bored"

- white people problems
    There is alot people who loved life even after they become deaf+blind or paralyzed, or both, but there is also alot people who started to hate their life after they became paralyzed or deaf/blind, and wanted to commit suicide or commited suicide.

For example

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramón_Sampedro

"As a young man he had jumped into the sea from rocks near his home, a fishing village in the northern Spanish region of Galicia. Misjudging the water's depth, he struck his head on the bottom. He sustained a complete spinal cord injury, leaving him paralyzed from the neck down.
    Sampedro tried Spain's lower courts, its higher courts, even the European Commission on Human Rights in Strasbourg to end his life. His argument hinged on the fact that he was sure of his decision to die. However, owing to his paralysis, he was physically unable to commit suicide without help.
    He argued that suicide was a right that he was being denied, and he sought legal advice concerning his right to receive assistance to end his life, first in the courts of Spain, where his case attracted country-wide attention. Eventually, his fight became known worldwide."

Being bored is nice or not too bad for Y group of people but for X group of people boredom gives very strong emotional pain that can last for many years.

Humanity need to respect X group of people too, and give them right for euthanasia, assisted suicide or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no boredom for interesting people
    And anyone can become interesting by getting interested in interesting things

There is just too many creations nowadays to know boredom, it's not possible anymore else there is a problem in either your education or in what you do with your life

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    Humanity need to respect X group of people too, and give them right for euthanasia, assisted suicide or something.
    I disagree with that because boredom isn't terminal. Assisted suicide is somewhat understandable (I still dont support it but can understand why) if someone is going to die anyway soon and is in a lot of pain. However many people who attempted suicide and were saved managed to fix their problems later and are very grateful for another chance. They wouldn't have that if they were dead. Life isn't roses and sunshine all the time, sometimes you just gotta hang in there.

doubt you do much thinking when you're dead so i guess boredom could be worse.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    No, if your bored, you simply lack hobbies and/or friends/significant others to experience them with. All you have to do is take time to think about what you want to do and/or learn, and set a goal to accomplish it, then do the task and then you won't be bored anymore. Granted, most instance that I've encountered of others being bored are instances of laziness, as they are bored but too lazy to do anything about it, resorting to complaining about their lack of desire to get up and do something fun and/or worthwhile of their time.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    I get so triggered when my kids say they are bored.