Official: Legendary Upgrades not tied to Illidan Quest

Source: https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...42953883209729

We're not entirely sure how this rumor got started, but it's false - the 7.1.5 Legendary upgrades are not connected to the Illidan chain.

Many people were told there was absolutely no proof of this yet the sheep just couldn't control themselves. Please, unless you can verify something with your own two eyes stop feeding into this crap.

The same exact thing happened with "Oh no Kara will be gated behind an attunement!" rumor mill bullshit along with countless other things. Of course the tin foil hate society of the WoW community are going to claim it was a backdoor switch, but lord.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Sorry did not see it.

i said numerous of times that i was unable to find a source, for this from anywhere and no one wanted to believe me, they couldn't even give me anything to say it was that

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i said numerous of times that i was unable to find a source, for this from anywhere and no one wanted to believe me, they couldn't even give me anything to say it was that
    "But some guy on PTR saw it and said so"

Sound about right?

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    "But some guy on PTR saw it and said so"

Sound about right?
    yep exactly

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That took a lot longer than it should have to squish though.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing about this is that the X'era part of the chain is quick - it's not gated or at least it wasn't for me (that may be because I ignored it for 3 months). It is and always was the 80 soul fragment BS that annoyed me and kind of still does. IF they dropped from every boss in a mythic vs just one at the end, that would be fine. Same if they dropped in LFR. But right now you either need to run 10 mythics a week for 2 months (or the equivalent, i.e. 5 mythics for 4 months) or you need to regularly run a bunch of M+. Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    ...or you need to regularly run a bunch of M+. Oh well...
    By regularly do you mean just one or two?

Cause a +5 would drop 5 at the end.

See this is the kind of pandemic hyperbole you guys need to cut out.

There is so much overblown exaggerations on so many aspects of this game because some nublet reads a statement like this on the forum, next you know, like a virus all the nublet's nublet friends are buying into it.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-01-08 at 10:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By regularly do you mean just one or two?

Cause a +5 would drop 5 at the end.

See this is the kind of pandemic hyperbole you guys need to cut out.

There is so much overblown exaggerations on so many aspects of this game because some nublet reads a statement like this on the forum, next you know, like a virus all the nublets nublet friends are buying into it.
    Oh calm the fuck down. You act so tough it's comical.

And yeah, a couple of +5s would do it... I know that. But I wasn't about to fucking list all the permutation of M+.

Get over yourself and stop being such a fucking asshat to people.

Oh calm the fuck down. You act so tough it's comical.

And yeah, a couple of +5s would do it... I know that. But I wasn't about to fucking list all the permutation.

Get over yourself and stop being such a fucking asshat to people.
    I'm tough and an asshat for calling you out on the same exact thing the OP directly addresses? Ok, well call me Captain asshole then. /shrug

#fakenews

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tough and an asshat for calling you out on the same exact thing the OP directly addresses? Ok, well call me Captain asshole then. /shrug
    "calling me out"? Get over yourself. I was just pointing out that 80 of the fragments is just annoying to collect - there's not any reason for the number to be 80 vs say 20 aside from keeping people collecting for a while (a good number of people don't do M+).

And you're an asshole generally to people here. You're not all that sunshine. Stop acting like you are.

"calling me out"? Get over yourself. I was just pointing out that 80 of the fragments is just annoying to collect - there's not any reason for the number to be 80 vs say 20 aside from keeping people collecting for a while (a good number of people don't do M+).

And you're an asshole generally to people here. You're not all that sunshine. Stop acting like you are.
    I'll let you answer yourself:

Oh calm the fuck down.

1 X +10 Mythic and done for the week
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Wasn't the source of this BS rumour here MMOC?

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    Wasn't the source of this BS rumour here MMOC?
    I do believe so. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks god I won't need to do atrocious Xe'Ra questline.

The funny thing about this is that the X'era part of the chain is quick - it's not gated or at least it wasn't for me (that may be because I ignored it for 3 months). It is and always was the 80 soul fragment BS that annoyed me and kind of still does. IF they dropped from every boss in a mythic vs just one at the end, that would be fine. Same if they dropped in LFR. But right now you either need to run 10 mythics a week for 2 months (or the equivalent, i.e. 5 mythics for 4 months) or you need to regularly run a bunch of M+. Oh well...
    You're probably better off just doing a single +10 or higher dungeon.

Deleted
    I still did the quest line because of interest in the lore but if it really is a pure lore quest I really don't get the need to do the long timegated fragment "hunt"... I have no problem with running the dungeons. I had my weekly cap through a couple M+ every week but why make it necessary to have that meaningless grind in my quest log for 8 weeks when the only outcome is lore?

Seems to me to be a weak attempt to not make people ask for NH earlier or else I have no idea.