Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Guarm mythic dps check

Hey hey,

my guild is starting mythic ToV soon and i was wondering what the individual dps check on guarm is after the nerfs.
    With either 4 or 5 healers....
    some of our dps are a little lower so id like to know how much we can carry.

Deleted
    It really isn't a DPS check anymore, nerfs + traits did have alot of impact on that. Should be more like handle the debuffs correctly and kill him right now. Can't provide exact numbers but I don't think it matters anyways if people don't die really early on.

Deleted
    Well that gives me some confidence, everyone is pulling 350-450k dps with the exeption of like 4 dps being 240 ish.
    i know its bad but they will improve :P

Deleted
    the more you die, the higher dps check it is, obviously :P
    but honestly, when we didnt fuck up mechanics, the dps check wasnt that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Loekes View Post
    Well that gives me some confidence, everyone is pulling 350-450k dps with the exeption of like 4 dps being 240 ish.
    People doing 240k dps have no place on mythic Guarm period.

It doesn't matter if you handle debuff correctly.
    The longer the fight goes the more chances of ppl fucking up.
    You want the best dps you have period so you can make your progress as easy as possible.

pre-nerf it was ~400k dps afair

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    People doing 240k dps have no place on mythic Guarm period.

It doesn't matter if you handle debuff correctly.
    The longer the fight goes the more chances of ppl fucking up.
    You want the best dps you have period so you can make your progress as easy as possible.
    i know, unfortunately the guild leader is one of them and another is a friend of his.
    they dont really care much for improving either it seems, how would one approach this?

Deleted
    prenerf it was around 450k with 1 tank 4 healer strat and healers also doing some reasonable numbers. Now that he has 15% less health I think its absolutely possible to kill him even with some people doing 300k as long as everyone survives. You should really focus on handling debuffs/breaths correctly.

6,175,201.5 for a 3:53kill time was our 1st kill, but we used 5 healers because we knew we could, the fight is usually 4 healed tho...so about 6.13mil raid dps to kill it in 4min exactly...which is roughly 437k dps per damage dealer (if u count in tank dmg thats around 10k less for each dps to do)...but some classes will do more, some less, 380k imo is minimum u should be able to do to kill this reliably.

Boss has 1.44b health, which makes it 6m dps for a 4min kill. If you say tanks and healers do around 400k dps total (which is reasonable), that leaves the DPS to do 400k dps each. Given that you can drag it on a bit more (4.10-ish), 390ish would be fine. That's the average.

i know, unfortunately the guild leader is one of them and another is a friend of his.
    they dont really care much for improving either it seems, how would one approach this?
    Replace them with better players.
    Doesn't matter if their your guild leader and his friends.
    Even if that means making a new guild.

This boggles my mind. How can you be a guild leader doing 240k dps and want to step into mythic ToV with your guild?

You either step up your game and push bigger numbers or stick with content that matches your own skills, aka heroic only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make a new guild, pulling those numbers and even flat out stating that they refuse to improve is a fairly selfish and toxic behavior. There is no reason for them to have anything to do with the running of a guild.

Either that or just flat out give up you'll be doing any meaningful raiding and accept that your good players will be picked off by better guilds one by one, constantly.

It is rather easy to pull 400K nowadays especially on a fight like guarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Make a new guild, pulling those numbers and even flat out stating that they refuse to improve is a fairly selfish and toxic behavior. There is no reason for them to have anything to do with the running of a guild.

Either that or just flat out give up you'll be doing any meaningful raiding and accept that your good players will be picked off by better guilds one by one, constantly.

It is rather easy to pull 400K nowadays especially on a fight like guarm.
    Much as I hate to say it, I have to agree with everything here. I dislike advising people to bail, but it's the GM you're talking about and he's point blank refusing to improve, that doesn't leave much choice; either see if the rest of the guild is willing to reform without them, or just stick it out until something magically changes or things get bad enough you have to find a new guild.

You guys still have to progress on M Odyn which imo is way harder than Guarm. If you like the people you raid with and don't really mind that they do less dps, then Guarm just might not be a boss you guys ever get to clear before NH. But that's not the most terrible thing in the world.

However, if you are constantly frustrated every raid, every farm boss, with the crappy dps that people do, then this guild is not the right guild for you. You should look to join a better guild with better players, which will also make you a better player.

Also, what do your guild's numbers on M Ursoc farm look like? It will be a good gauge to see if you can hit the 400k average.

Don't lose your mind about it before you've actually killed Odyn. If you've only just killed Helya HC, mythic Odyn will take a while.

the obvious solution ditch the guild since it is not a serious raiding guild by any means if they allow total shit deadweight to be in the runs just because it is the GM.

That sounds really low. Best DPS in my raid was reaching 500-600k and the worse classes without ST legendaries around 420-440k.

Any good GM would sit themselves if they were pulling those numbers.

Deleted
    Well with recent nerfs and tonight having all of our good dps online i believe we can do odyn, if not have a crack at guarm.

before holiday break we did 5.6M raidwide dps on mythic ursoc, which is not nearly enough for guarm (was a bad roster though).
    Its just that those few lower people are weak links in the chain, moreso on tactic side, because the raid also gets punished for individual mistakes.

Its not like GM stated he doesnt want to improve, its like most of us are mythic ready, except him and 3-4 others (but we still need 20 people).
    Their drive to gear and do content is just not high enough, gotta talk about recruiting better dps if we want to be serious probably.
    Or have him reroll an easier class because fire mage doesnt seem to work for him (trash stats, no rune of power, no cd stacking).

Ill just wait and see, nighthold is out soon anyway, in which heroic progress will take some time and be fun.