Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Gang culture and drug territory. Education is key. Deploy the national guard in the meantime. Why this has not been done yet is beyond me.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

None of the firearms I own went and killed anyone while I was sleeping lastnight. The "gun problem" is actually a "people problem" it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimbot1 View Post
    None of the firearms I own went and killed anyone while I was sleeping lastnight. The "gun problem" is actually a "people problem" it seems.
    Got anymore neat bumper sticker slogans?

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Got anymore neat bumper sticker slogans?
    He's not wrong.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Aimbot1 View Post
    It absolutely is a people problem, but the people with guns have said time and time again they won't change. 'Gun Control' doesn't always mean taking away guns.

A gun alone won't do anything. The fact that a drunk stupid father can get a gun with almost no trouble, leave it out in the open, and let little Timmy take it to school to shoot a kid he doesn't like is a very large problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    He's not wrong.
    I was hoping to get his thoughts, rather than a regurgitated slogan heard on the tee vee.

Somewhere on YouTube there's an interview with one of these young gang members. He says he never feels more alive, knowing that when he leaves the house it might be for the last time. And there's an honor code and politics etc. Some gang members have taken to calling it "the game".

Some say all this violence came from the Scots who came to America. We never got Scots from the cities, our Scots came from the hills, they were hiding out still waiting for the Romans to leave kind of people.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Place the national guard in the south side. Should help.
    South side isn't the issue, despite what the media/shows like to say. West side is considerably worse, with places like Humboldt and Garfield Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Force a few select neighborhoods to disperse. Send a few to Montana, another few to Alaska, etc...
    No fucking way.

You don't fight a plague by spreading the infected.

You quarantine that shit and hit it with everything you've got.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    And there's an honor code and politics etc. Some gang members have taken to calling it "the game".
    So pack them all up and dump them in some isolated 3rd world nation and they can rule themselves as they see fit.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I was hoping to get his thoughts, rather than a regurgitated slogan heard on the tee vee.
    Not much you can do but let them nice folks in Chicago weed themselves out.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Thugs...

Really good way to get shot in those sorts of areas.. but oh the outcome was beautiful.

Chicago has always had gangsters, crime and murders.... so nothing new.

Anyone remember, Al Capone, Jack "Machine Gun" McGurn, Hymie Weiss , Paul "The Waiter" Ricca .etc etc

Maybe its time to bring back the UNTOUCHABLES again.. to clean up Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    Gang culture and drug territory. Education is key. Deploy the national guard in the meantime. Why this has not been done yet is beyond me.
    100% agree, the national guard should be called in and help police the more hot zones of the city.

I'm glad i live in the far out burbs of Chicago, this is getting out of hand.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of what happens when things in an urban area spiral out of control. Partly it started with segregated neighborhoods that the city intentionally setup going back 100 years. Then there was the Chicago riots in the 1960's after MLK was assassinated (which were far worse than publicized), where whole neighborhoods were burned, most all businesses left, and there was very little reconstruction. A lot of those areas are still empty lots today.

So that soup created neighborhoods with high poverty, lots of drugs+gangs, and a quickly dwindling tax base so less money for schools and police to offset it. Oh and add a good dose of police corruption and mistrust. So parents are scared to send their kids to school for fear of being shot on the way there, and you have no jobs for people to try to make a legitimate living, and just about everyone turns to gangs/theft/drugs. In those areas it's almost mandatory to join a gang just to survive. And with people having little to nothing to lose, life is very cheap.

Local gun laws don't really help because it's easy for bad guys to get guns via black market, or gun show, or neighboring state, etc.

To solve it, you'd need to both get jobs in the area and do a hugely massive crackdown on crime (with a sustaining presence to keep it from returning). Basically rebuild it to the point that crime isn't a better option anymore than normal life. But crime, gangs, drugs, poverty, police corruption, etc. is so entrenched there that it would not be an easy task. You also wouldn't want to just drive all the crime to other areas either, and just basically relocate it. It probably is too big a problem just for the city to handle, but you also wouldn't want it to be the Feds coming in like Kristallnacht in 1938 Germany and turning it into a police state.

The only thing that is up with Chicago and its murder's is that it is visible in the media. Oppose to more dangerous or just as dangerous locations all around the world. I mean, shit... Milwaukee, ~3hrs away is more dangerous than Chicago on any given night. Go alittle further across the lake and find yourself in hell. aka Detroit. Shootings that happens within what seems like the same 5-6 blocks is awhole lot different than shootings happening all across a city and its local districts and counties.

But yeah, if youre thinking Chicago is the worst because the media is showing you that. You might want to dial it back and get some real prespective.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    The only thing that is up with Chicago and its murder's is that it is visible in the media. Oppose to more dangerous or just as dangerous locations all around the world. I mean, shit... Milwaukee, ~3hrs away is more dangerous than Chicago on any given night. Go alittle further across the lake and find yourself in hell. aka Detroit. Shootings that happens within what seems like the same 5-6 blocks is awhole lot different than shootings happening all across a city and its local districts and counties.

But yeah, if youre thinking Chicago is the worst because the media is showing you that. You might want to dial it back and get some real prespective.
    So the 153 homicides in Milwaukee through all of 2016 is worse than the 762 in Chicago? No way..

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    So the 153 homicides in Milwaukee through all of 2016 is worse than the 762 in Chicago? No way..
    Even if you look at these numbers per capita, Chicago is worse. Not sure what he's talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    Even if you look at these numbers per capita, Chicago is worse. Not sure what he's talking about.
    Yarp.

/10char

7+ Year Old Account
    Deploy the national guard already.