Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're gonna build the wall around Chicago!!

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    It would be stupid to point here that just across the great lakes, Canadian towns with infinitely stricter gun laws have a tenth of the homicide of gun-toting American cities ?

This is not a figure of speech. Compare Toronto to Houston.
    Chicago isn't a gun toting city, well it is but illegally as they have very strict gun laws which obviously work so well.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Chicago isn't a gun toting city, well it is but illegally as they have very strict gun laws which obviously work so well.
    Toronto and Montreal have infinitely stricter gun laws and 10 times less gun deaths than comparable US cities. The ones we have is with maniacs buying their guns south of the border.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Toronto and Montreal have infinitely stricter gun laws and 10 times less gun deaths than comparable US cities. The ones we have is with maniacs buying their guns south of the border.
    We're also heavily invested in our 2nd Amendment, which no other country in the world even comes close to comparison. Your criteria is severely slanted when this is taken into consideration.

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

So America is gonna bring freedum to America...

I imagine that will make some faces around the world smile grimly
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    We joke about him nuking the country but I think the chances of that happened just went up, at least metaphorically.

Does he really think the gangs would just sit back and take it. That people every where would be cool with Fed intervention? What happened to smaller government.

Is the Fed going to take the time to invest in the needed programs and infrastructure to end the cycle of crime and poverty in South Chicago? What did we expect though, Trump things stop and frisk is fair and effective.

I like that people are saying arm law abiding citizens...

1. Most of the crime in Chicago involves other criminals
    2. Where do you think the criminals get their guns?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Hope he does it, you guys can blame Trump for Chicago then.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Seems all the people who are so anti-government on here are now cheering this on. What's that about?
    I'm pro Small Govt, but there is a time when Uncle Sam needs to step in and help. That can mean a variety of things. Maybe use Military police for traffic cops and let the local PD handle the big crimes. Or Double up the FBI efforts in the City to help with other backlogged cases. Maybe throw a fund raiser for the city so they can hire more cops.

I don't think just "sending in the troops" would be a very good way to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    There was something like 900+ homicides a year in the 90's, and we didn't need the feds to get it under control. Seems excessive to me.
    Hey, I knew this fact before entering this thread, and you are absolutely right. I think I have respect for you because of the gun control thread, you have consistency. I really rarely agree with you on ANYTHING, but I respect someone who has a position and knows their facts.

On this particular topic, I would agree that crime has been worse, but at the same time, crime is not good in Chicago right now. I'm not sure we are at the level where feds need to step in right now, but think of the people who are suffering and what can be done to stop it, instead of just being anti-RNC for a while, and I think that you would agree something should be done.

You, most assuredly would like to disarm some folks. I would like to improve police protections for the communities. If neither of us give an inch, we will never do anything. That is the problem with American politics today and I don't see it improving. Perhaps the draw of a "strong leader" would be that he could boss people around across party lines and make them do what needed to be done, without having to answer to both sides and accomplish nothing.

You mean kinda like when the federal government fixed New York...... oh wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Hope he does it, you guys can blame Trump for Chicago then.
    If murders and crime have not declined in say going into his third year, I want to know why Trump has not single-handedly defeated crime in this country. Wasn't that one of his promises?
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Ok and? Theoretically we can nuke every country off the face of the Earth and there's not a thing that could be done about it. Your entire point is theoretical and thus irrelevant as it isn't going to happen.

Posse Comitatus has more firepower than the US military, actually. It has regulated several hundred years worth of soldiers and their destructive capacity.
    Trump need only insist that the laws are not being enforced and the state is refusing to step in in Chicago and Posse Comitatus becomes moot. The question is ... to what end? Will APCs packed with M16 toting soldiers do much good or will it just go back to the way it was after they leave? Would we have the military occupy a US city indefinitely?

What else can we do, reverse the trend of single parenthood and address urban gun culture? Nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    What else can we do, reverse the trend of single parenthood and address urban gun culture? Nonsense.
    Send a nuke there, faster i say!

Well thats music to my ears. erhm.. eyes I guess. Maybe I'll be able to go a few blocks north without my gun on me. JK that would take the army reserves

According to Donald Trump law and order will be restored instantly on Jan. 20th so don't worry Chicago as soon as Trump takes office crime will vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyxi View Post
    Trump need only insist that the laws are not being enforced and the state is refusing to step in in Chicago and Posse Comitatus becomes moot. The question is ... to what end? Will APCs packed with M16 toting soldiers do much good or will it just go back to the way it was after they leave? Would we have the military occupy a US city indefinitely?
    No it requires a little more than someone insisting laws aren't being enforced and the state is refusing to step in, otherwise we'd have seen P.C. shredded many times over in our history.

Meh

I mean really...it's usually criminals shooting other criminals, I say let em.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Isn't the vast majority of it thugs killing each other with some very unfortunate collateral?

And isn't federal intervention deemed the nuclear option? So much for smaller government, lul.
    If it wasn't a vast majority but rather that they were only killing each other than it would be really hard to care save for the threat that innocents could be exposed.

But as it sits innocents are exposed - bystanders, kids catching stray bullets, mistaken identity, so on.

And the type of thugging element that takes to gang turf wars is typically also the type of thug engaged in general criminal activity.

So there is more than enough reason to exterminate them, or relocate them to a 3rd world nation where they can choose to live as savages governing themselves as they see it with their gang ways while not exposing we civilized persons to their degeneracy.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Time to do what is necessary and end this shit.
    Expand on this. What needs to be done?
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump