Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    True enough, I've shot a couple Storms and they were fun, but an HK USC, the bolt was so heavy you felt it slamming FORWARD every time, as opposed to during recoil. That was 45 of course.

I'd like to try the SIG MPX, but not for their price point. MP5's have an even higher price point and no last round hold open, so screw them.

Yeah, I have one of the Law Tac folders on a takedown 300blk pistol. Very nicely made, think I'm going to do the same in a 9mm on an 80% for the heck of it.

I'm as interested in guns for the tinkering as for any actual functional use to them.
    I have 99 problems, but spending hundreds of dollars on a LAW adapter makes me feel bad for you son. lmao

Also, takedowns.... pfffft.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    just to hop on board the "home defence gun" bandwagon:
    Uh oh, baller got him a Daniel Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    One of the issues with the approach California has taken on firearms legislation is that it consistently fails to address the facts of gun-violence and the people who misuse firearms. I suspect that this is typically because firearms legislation is drafted and supported by people who know relatively little about guns or even criminality and that leads us to really strange legislative decisions. These tend to be 'feel good' legislative maneuverings rather than addressing the more difficult challenges around violence, suicide, and America's relationship with firearms.

(SNIP)

Ordered online and delivered through standard post to my door (well the concierge desk). The nice thing about a penthouse apartment with 45cm concrete walls is that over-penetration isn't a concern.
    To illustrate your example, from what I understand the firearm you picture is considered a "pistol" or equal in Canada? Anything under 20" Barrel I think?

In the USA, anything with a stock is a rifle at 16" or a short barrel rifle at less than 16", and a SBR is a special tax stamp and long wait.
    Meanwhile, this is a pistol, but if I put the end against my shoulder I am illegally repurposing the non-stock and creating an illegal SBR. As long as only my cheek is on it, we're cool.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post

There are lots of types of hunting, and the AR-15 and it's larger caliber cousin the AR-10 can actually make excellent hunting rifles.

If you disagree, maybe you'll tell us why you think so.
    In some areas you can't hunt with that caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I have 99 problems, but spending hundreds of dollars on a LAW adapter makes me feel bad for you son. lmao
    On sale at Brownells for $199, -$20 and free shipping for coupon, so it's under $200 and therefor not plural, so HA!

Also, takedowns.... pfffft.
    Black friday sale on the Pantheon kit, $139 at Primary Arms. Barrel was also on sale, and the entire thing fits into a cooler bag.

Assembling and test-firing done, I am now bored with it, so to the back of the safe it goes. Next projects are the 80%'s!

Try chambering some 300blackout in your plastic fantastic and see how it goes :-p
    (On another note, why is the Bren and other new rifles so expensive, don't they realize they're competing with $700 AR's...)

- - - Updated - - -

And another project I finished and shelved, technically it's not a shotgun, it's just a "firearm", because legal definitions:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    In some areas you can't hunt with that caliber.
    .223/5.56 is too light for many types of hunting, but varmint (including coyote) it's popular, and the AR platform offers up many different calibers that are acceptable for hunting. (7.62X39, 300blackout, 6.5, 6.8, whatever other random things exist out there)

Not including the AR10/308 platform or the oddballs (I'd actually like one of the 30.06's, but crazy money).
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    Are you sure? Here is video of the incident. That seems full auto to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=864LC3qYgjQ
    Oh god are you taking the dubbed in sound of gun shots to take it as fully automatic lol

Not including the AR10/308 platform or the oddballs (I'd actually like one of the 30.06's, but crazy money).
    Was about to say, they do make one for 30-06.... but $$$$$

Also have a 300winmag version. Also $$$$$

.223/5.56 is too light for many types of hunting, but varmint (including coyote) it's popular, and the AR platform offers up many different calibers that are acceptable for hunting. (7.62X39, 300blackout, 6.5, 6.8, whatever other random things exist out there)

I was referring to the most common .223.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I was referring to the most common .223.
    Yeah, but you also quoted where I included AR-10's, so... door opened.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was actually looking at the muzzle flash vs the dubbed sound.

I believe there was one back in the 80's that was wishy-washy on self-defense. The guy opened fire with an uzi but the guy fell as he was shot and some bullets hit the back. It was a while ago I heard of it though, so couldn't reference it. Otherwise, the use of legal NFA in crime is non-existent.
    My point exactly.

10+ Year Old Account
    The video is grainy. It's certainly possible based on just the video, but I haven't found any legitimate source claiming it was an automatic. Unless you include the articles that simply refer to it as an "SKS assault rifle", but as we've just been arguing that that term is used incorrectly far too often...

CNN reported it as a semi-automatic. The local news article for the area reported it as a semi-automatic.

If you find conflicting information, please report. But regardless, if it was automatic, it was owned illegally.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    The footage is far too grainy and choppy to tell imo

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Doesn't really matter, one incident is one to many
    That's kinda stupid. Why should responsible people be penalized for the failings of others?

If I am a free person, all persons should aim to be such in as much regard as possible, then it does not seem to limit my freedoms where no cause or justification for my actions evidences lack of responsibility. We don't put people in prison for 'pre-crime' or overly restrict the ownership of items that are dangerous when used irresponsibly. Knives, scissors, slings, incendiaries, etc.

I am for the heavy regulation, sanction and penalty upon abuse of many things. Very generally speaking, I do not think the majority of humans can make individual choices that effect the larger whole without consensus thought &/or third party calculation. That is to say, most humans can not be trusted (for example) to make a series of personal decisions which ultimately benefit the natural environment of Earth forever. That goal requires regulation which limits individual choices as evidence reveals an inability to rely on (millions of) responsible choice at the level needed to slow environmental havoc.

However, evidence points to the majority of legal gun owners being able to maintain their firearms responsibly. Which is already heavily regulated by the government.

There's something seriously wrong with a society in which people feel the NEED to own a gun to feel safe, and anything recreational should be properly managed and controlled.
    I agree to an extent- we should as a society work to eliminate the failings that lead to violence via causes of ignorance, fear, poverty, mental health, et cetera. Recreational firearms seem to be well regulated in most states. Legal firearms are not the source of most gun violence and even less so these so-called 'assault weapons of mass destruction'.

Illegal guns, which people get regardless of the law, are the implement of most gun violence in the US. Less than 2% of gun crimes are committed with legally owned firearms. Over 80% of convicted criminals in state prisons for crimes involving firearms gained those firearms from illegal sources.

We, the US, have a culture problem in economically poor and disenfranchised areas. The solution is education and cooperation. Not legal and responsible gun ownership.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    The San Bernadino shooters would like to say hello.
    Those were purchased illegally.