Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I find customs checks to be unnecessary, and somethign that does not require government involvement.
    I prefer that people pay taxes for stuff they buy outside our country. And get punished for trying to import illegal stuff.

You are the one who wants to prevent crime, not me.
    Glad we got that out in the air, fuck the victims.

Deleted
    Well not unexpected from a right-center government. That's why I hope some humanity and social justice will return to this country with the upcoming election.

This opportunistic feeding of loud right-extremists has to stop. This can not be a lasting solution and it IS against our §1!

Very shameful for a German like me tbh.

Like I said, I have a much lower tolerance than most people in regards to the restriction of freedoms.
    If you consider something so minor as checking your ID as too much infringement on personal freedom then that is tough luck for you. As I stated before order in society is far more important than the hurt feelings of a few people.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Glad we got that out in the air, fuck the victims.
    No, I didn't say that. If preventing crime is your top priority, then the most effective solution is to imprison humanity.

If you want to protect individuals, inform them. Heck, have more police officers around. Neither of those things actually restricts someone else's freedoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Well not unexpected from a right-center government. That's why I hope some humanity and social justice will return to this country with the upcoming election.

This opportunistic feeding of loud right-extremists has to stop. This can not be a lasting solution and it IS against our §1!

Very shameful for a German like me tbh.
    Lolz. You know that NRW has a center left government? (SPD+ Grüne). As if police has anything to do with the BUND. You dont even know how germany works and yet you blame the "rightwing government" (CDU + SPD.. very rightwing ).

If anything the whole outrage that was produced by greens and leftists will hurt these parties in coming elections.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2017-01-04 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    If you consider something so minor as checking your ID as too much infringement on personal freedom then that is tough luck for you. As I stated before order in society is far more important than the hurt feelings of a few people.
    But it's also the freedoms of a few people.

Now, it may seem minor to you, but that's how oppression starts. People don't tend to care when others have their freedoms taken away, they only care when it happens to them. You are fine with those people losing that freedom, so in turn, you won't mind if someone else decides what freedoms you don't deserve.

Now, it may seem minor to you, but that's how oppression starts. People don't tend to care when others have their freedoms taken away, they only care when it happens to them. You are fine with those people losing that freedom, so in turn, you won't mind if someone else decides what freedoms you don't deserve.
    As long as you have a society there will never be true freedom, humans need boundaries. Because true freedom means, no shackles to morality, good and evil etc. being pretty much allowed to do anything you want, because you are free to do so. So freedom for freedoms sake is something rather foolish to strive for in my opinion.

Behavioral profiling is a required part of police work, and fine so long as it doesn't cross the line into blanket racial profiling.

I certainly don't think immigrants are teh evulz as some do, but the police must do what it can (within reason) to stop the criminals among them, because they do exist.

It also might prove that mass deportation is not required; better police work is enough.

They checked the id of every person not only nafris. Where is the discrimination?

It was a no firework zone. You gotta look for crackers and rockets or people will shoot them at others like last year.

If you want to protect individuals, inform them.
    So victim blaming essentially.

"Welcome to the class: How to not get raped on your way home from work in the evening, after this we will have an test on this!"

Heck, have more police officers around. Neither of those things actually restricts someone else's freedoms.
    I'm sure you will suggest a police state next.
    Putting more police officers out ultimately leads to more people will be watched and more people will have their freedom restricted, and let's not even get into the economics part of this.

Either you rather just let crime happen, or you rather restrict the freedom of every citizen instead of having people from specific nations get frisked a little more often, insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    As long as you have a society there will never be true freedom, humans need boundaries. Because true freedom means, no shackles to morality, good and evil etc. being pretty much allowed to do anything you want, because you are free to do so. So freedom for freedoms sake is something rather foolish to strive for in my opinion.
    So, so long as there will never be true freedom, the least we could do is make everyone equal under the law.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    They checked the id of every person not only nafris. Where is the discrimination?

It was a no firework zone. You gotta look for crackers and rockets or people will shoot them at others like last year.
    Why aren't crackers and fireworks allowed there?

You tried to make it seem like it was private property (it wasn't). Now you are deflecting. Oops, you got caught.

God that guy is hilarious. XD

Why aren't crackers and fireworks allowed there?

You tried to make it seem like it was private property (it wasn't). Now you are deflecting. Oops, you got caught.
    Fireworks and Crackers arent allowed there because last year people shot them at eachother. People are free to use the other 99% of the city to shoot rockets use crackers though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    So victim blaming essentially.

"Welcome to the class: How to not get raped on your way home from work in the evening, after this we will have an test on this!"

I'm sure you will suggest a police state next.
    Putting more police officers out ultimately leads to more people will be watched and more people will have their freedom restricted, and let's not even get into the economics part of this.

Either you rather just let crime happen, or you rather restrict the freedom of every citizen instead of having people from specific nations get frisked a little more often, insanity.
    I'm not blaming the victims at all, you are still trying to put words into my mouth. You are being disingenuous, and it's pathetic.

I do not support causing harm to innocent people. I cannot make it more clear. I do not support rape, nor do I support detainment. Informing people is not victim blaming.

I would never support a police state, but that seems to be exactly what you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Fireworks and Crackers arent allowed there because last year people shot them at eachother. People are free to use the other 99% of the city to shoot rockets use crackers though.
    Then ban them everywhere. If you want a police state, at least be consistent.

I'm not blaming the victims at all, you are still trying to put words into my mouth. You are being disingenuous, and it's pathetic.

I do not support causing harm to innocent people. I cannot make it more clear. I do not support rape, nor do I support detainment. Informing people is not victim blaming.

Yet if someone would be raping a woman right in front of you, you would wait till its over to do something against it. You are a really good guy! Congratulations! haha

Informing people is not victim blaming.
    Inform them of what?

That Nafris are more likely to commit offences on a pro rata basis than other people and to avoid them?

Inform people of what exactly..........
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

So, so long as there will never be true freedom, the least we could do is make everyone equal under the law.
    Considering the law discriminates against anyone under the correct circumstances, it more or less already is. Every time you have a suspect and know how they look like the police will by default discriminate against anyone who looks similar, as they should.

We don't live in some fantasy world where you can simply inform people on how to not get raped, or getting beaten up, or getting married away as a child, or getting raped as a child, or whatever the fuck else.
    This is simply delusional and borders to the line of saying women should be wearing specific clothes to prevent not being raped.

Then ban them everywhere. If you want a police state, at least be consistent.
    Firework is banned the whole year outside of that 1 day. I feel really oppressed now help .