Deleted

Is guardian the best tank in instanced PVP?

Basically guardian druids have the highest hp of all tanks in instanced pvp by a wide margin. I have around 3.6 million while all else are under 3 million. Also most other tanks have their active mitigation reduced by a huge amount. DHs have soul cleave and fragment heals reduced by 3-4 times, warriors have IP reduced insanely too etc. Guardians on the other hand have frenzied regen working perfectly fine and when combined with Ysera's gift their sustain in instanced pvp turns out to be as good if not better than others. Has any of you dueled other tanks in instanced pvp and can you confirm if guardians can do good? I know that in world pvp as a Guardian I am wrecked by other classes. I cant kill a 10 ilvl lower DH tank in wpvp but if he is 10 ilvl higher than me he will demolish me....

Deleted
    You can kill a 10ilvl DH, u just have to kite him. and let the dots kill him.. dont face tank him

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP Guardians need to invest heavily into either the +Mangle damage trait, or the +thrash damage trait. Enranged Mangle will allow you to burst down pretty much everybody if you have a full rage bar (Its hard to get though when you use it) and Sharpened Claws turns Thrash into a major damage source.

Of course, this is changing next patch with the removal of Enranged Mangle, and Sharpened Claws turning into god-mode (SUPER AOE MAN). In addition, Frenzied Regen is only an ~7% hp heal max, which translates into .3% hp/second overall - While the healing of DHs is reduced compared to PvE, its still MUCH higher then .3% hp/second. Guardian is reliant on being able to CC a target and then toss out a swiftmend, rejuve, and maybe a HT here or there - Other then that, self-sustain is weak (Ysera's Gift+Frenzied Regen is a mere .6% hp/second).

What talents do you use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    PvP Guardians need to invest heavily into either the +Mangle damage trait, or the +thrash damage trait. Enranged Mangle will allow you to burst down pretty much everybody if you have a full rage bar (Its hard to get though when you use it) and Sharpened Claws turns Thrash into a major damage source.

Of course, this is changing next patch with the removal of Enranged Mangle, and Sharpened Claws turning into god-mode (SUPER AOE MAN). In addition, Frenzied Regen is only an ~7% hp heal max, which translates into .3% hp/second overall - While the healing of DHs is reduced compared to PvE, its still MUCH higher then .3% hp/second. Guardian is reliant on being able to CC a target and then toss out a swiftmend, rejuve, and maybe a HT here or there - Other then that, self-sustain is weak (Ysera's Gift+Frenzied Regen is a mere .6% hp/second).

What talents do you use?
    Topic is about instanced PvP. It doesn't consider your relics

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Topic is about instanced PvP. It doesn't consider your relics
    oh i was under the impression relics worked in pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    oh i was under the impression relics worked in pvp?
    Artifact counts, traits you don't have aren't active in pvp. So I'm guessing relics count, just like normal traits do.

Deleted
    It does have a large health pool and it is not good when compared with others. Is it the best? Probably

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Artifact counts, traits you don't have aren't active in pvp. So I'm guessing relics count, just like normal traits do.
    you'd be guessing wrong, relics do not count in pvp. and artifact traits only count up to the 34th, so the paragon traits do not work either

10+ Year Old Account
    Best at what?

They're not the best flag carriers because they're outclassed by guardian affinity dps druids and DH tanks. They made fantastic flag carriers earlier in the expansion, but they were so strong at it all tanks got nerfed as a result.

They're completely outclassed by paladins in the utility department.

They make decent point holders because of stealth and tank, but that's not exactly a job that needs to be specialized.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarathan View Post
    you'd be guessing wrong, relics do not count in pvp. and artifact traits only count up to the 34th, so the paragon traits do not work either
    Ow ok, interesting. Makes it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by djambalaz View Post
    Basically guardian druids have the highest hp of all tanks in instanced pvp by a wide margin. I have around 3.6 million while all else are under 3 million. Also most other tanks have their active mitigation reduced by a huge amount. DHs have soul cleave and fragment heals reduced by 3-4 times, warriors have IP reduced insanely too etc. Guardians on the other hand have frenzied regen working perfectly fine and when combined with Ysera's gift their sustain in instanced pvp turns out to be as good if not better than others. Has any of you dueled other tanks in instanced pvp and can you confirm if guardians can do good? I know that in world pvp as a Guardian I am wrecked by other classes. I cant kill a 10 ilvl lower DH tank in wpvp but if he is 10 ilvl higher than me he will demolish me....
    I think you're doing world PvP wrong if you're losing to others classes. All classes/specs you can either beat straight up, kite, or a combination of the two. Some are quite a bit of a pain, such as affliction warlocks, but knowing the other class and when they're going to use what ability goes a long way towards beating them 1v1. For your example of DH, it's timing your abilities around their CD's and generally kiting the crap out of them while letting Thrash/Moonfire do the dirty work.

The one thing that drives me nuts in instanced PvP is when we need to leave Bear Form to perform utility/heals/CC. Unless things have changed recently (been doing moonkin/resto more frequently for instanced PvP), our caster health pool is roughly 600-700k less than a similarly geared DPS class depending upon talent selection. This includes going Travel/Cat form to run flags or doing whatever that requires good mobility. If you want to apply some pressure to targets, sure, Guardian can do that. However, we're nowhere close to the sustained combat effectiveness of other tanks since we're designed around abilities that make us leave the safety of Bear Form.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    Best at what?

They're not the best flag carriers because they're outclassed by guardian affinity dps druids and DH tanks. They made fantastic flag carriers earlier in the expansion, but they were so strong at it all tanks got nerfed as a result.

They're completely outclassed by paladins in the utility department.

They make decent point holders because of stealth and tank, but that's not exactly a job that needs to be specialized.
    That's pretty much the irony of the situation, our non-Guardian specs can do the job of a Guardian better. I'll do world PvP as a bear all day long since I don't feel gimped by the template system and PvP restrictions. Only wish our Frenzied Regen actually did something with PvP damage, it's almost not worth casting.