Chrome lagging out?

You can find my spec's in signature, chrome is on my SSD.

So lately I have had servere "drop/lagouts" when browsing. I usually find this happening with say 2-3 tabs open, 1 game etc. Nothing heavy, but still my PC is doing something.

I often do cleans with ccleaner etc.

What would be the reason? Like it sometimes gets so bad I can't load a page, and feel like I need to close chrome completely.

Could it be just a case of time to reinstall chrome?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    These may help.. clear cache, open ipconfig and /flushdns, check box on ccleaner to delete/clean prefetch data

Also make sure no prefetch is set for the ssd, itll eat it up. But thats another point entirely

Also chrome is easy to delete and reinstall, have you checked addons/extensions for updates on that?

Edit to add a bit of paranoia in, i have an old xp machine and a windows10 maxhine, firefox synced same addons and everything, same av, etc, i just use it for a media machine these days...but firefox works flawlessly on xp machine though it has 4gb less ram and pentium4, and lags on windows10 with core2 duo and 6gb ram, might be 32v64bit os, but i think windows makes other browsers laggy to try and push people to use their edge browser...

Yep paranoia, take it with the tiniest grain of salt, but i'd love to hear others opinions of it?
    Last edited by Christan; 2017-01-04 at 09:10 PM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    These may help.. clear cache, open ipconfig and /flushdns, check box on ccleaner to delete/clean prefetch data

Also make sure no prefetch is set for the ssd, itll eat it up. But thats another point entirely

Also chrome is easy to delete and reinstall, have you checked addons/extensions for updates on that?

Edit to add a bit of paranoia in, i have an old xp machine and a windows10 maxhine, firefox synced same addons and everything, same av, etc, i just use it for a media machine these days...but firefox works flawlessly on xp machine though it has 4gb less ram and pentium4, and lags on windows10 with core2 duo and 6gb ram, might be 32v64bit os, but i think windows makes other browsers laggy to try and push people to use their edge browser...

Yep paranoia, take it with the tiniest grain of salt, but i'd love to hear others opinions of it?
    Thanks man! And I don't think we can rule out the tinfoil hat seeing how they are massively losing this market, even if "switching browser" was unheard of say in 2008ish for non-tech people. But now more people do.

Will go trough the list later and report back some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    You can find my spec's in signature, chrome is on my SSD.

So lately I have had servere "drop/lagouts" when browsing. I usually find this happening with say 2-3 tabs open, 1 game etc. Nothing heavy, but still my PC is doing something.

I often do cleans with ccleaner etc.

What would be the reason? Like it sometimes gets so bad I can't load a page, and feel like I need to close chrome completely.

Could it be just a case of time to reinstall chrome?
    Do you have a lot of extensions on chrome or if you do have some extensions it might be possible that one updated recently and is giving you troubles?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertimerom View Post
    Do you have a lot of extensions on chrome or if you do have some extensions it might be possible that one updated recently and is giving you troubles?
    I run only with originale adblocker (The best adblocker! Tried them all, but this one wins, especially the 1 click whitelist youtube channels and there "filter" options where you basicly block anything like GUI elements on a webpage making them run a lot better on my shitty old laptop...lol!) and substital which is simply amazing 10/10 streaming extension cause hollywood cant hire actors that talk into the microphone properly...Erhm and tunnelbear for the odd VPN needs :P

@Christian I did all your suggestions just for good measurements. Today I also reinstalled chrome, but keep users/browser settings. If I find problems again I will remove them all, and probably only import old bookmarks! Its crazy how bad its been at times lately, where I simply got stuck on a say youtube video, it freezed and I just had to close chrome all down. Thanks again.