Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Irrelevant. Desktop client (assuming it works the way I described) never interacts with WoW or any of it's files. Thus it is invisible to Blizzard.
    So if it doesn't interact with any of the files how does it "pull" auction house data into your client ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    So if it doesn't interact with any of the files how does it "pull" auction house data into your client ?
    There are 2 programs.
    1) the addon, that works just like any addon and stores can data on your harddrive and in addition uploads that data to an online server (similar to Warcraftlogs).
    2) the desktop client or web browser then accesses the data lying on said online server, so you can watch past scan results of your addon and from other people even when WoW is not running.

Got it?

There are 2 programs.
    1) the addon, that works just like any addon and stores can data on your harddrive and in addition uploads that data to an online server (similar to Warcraftlogs).
    2) the desktop client or web browser then accesses the data lying on said online server, so you can watch past scan results of your addon and from other people even when WoW is not running.
    Got it?
    Nope. What you are writing makes little sense if any at all to me. You were writing something about a tos violation free version of the tsm desktop app. The app does update auction house data by updating a file in your wow folder not that much different from what the curse client to make easy use of said data. It's quite a stretch to make that a true violation in the first place. How the app attains the data is very obviously also not against the tos in any way.
    1) makes zero sense.
    2) makes quite little sense as well since people want to use the data ingame.
    So I am not really sure what your solution is supposed to do in the first place. Provide you with an auctionhouse price history in the worst way possible ? Why would you upload your scan data for that when there is the api ?
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2017-01-07 at 02:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I am not really sure what your solution is supposed to do in the first place.
    I was trying to explain, how a 3rd party program could access WoWs auction house data w/o breaking the ToS, b/c someone mentioned a desktop client that was able to show current AH prices w/o the need for an actual login into WoW.

I do not use TSM, but I do use Auctioneer which also lets me scan the AH and sets prices automatically.
    As you already mentioned: I too would have very little use for AH data outside of WoW. This ain't EvE after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    Don't use TSM actually unless you don't mind a risk of being banned. People will say "well I've used it for 6 year and always never banned" that's awesome, but that doesn't mean it won't happen, and it's not worth the risk.
    Blizz intentionally breaks addons when they take issue with it. If there was any chance of being banned from TSM, blizz would have just disabled the addon by now.

I was trying to explain, how a 3rd party program could access WoWs auction house data w/o breaking the ToS, b/c someone mentioned a desktop client that was able to show current AH prices w/o the need for an actual login into WoW.
    There is no tos violation in that to begin with in that particular function.
    The potential tos violation as far as Blizzard is concerned is happening when the addon is used while the client is running to update the data shown ingame as described in here https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...6896237#post-8 . Anything else is irrelevant because the information the app uses comes from the Blizzard api.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no tos violation in that to begin with in that particular function.
    Precisely my point.

Precisely my point.
    Well ok then I suppose your strictly worse alternative was just some sort of time wasting exercise got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well ok then I suppose your strictly worse alternative was just some sort of time wasting exercise got it.
    Next time, try to read the entire thread. Then you will notice that I tried to explain sth to some other guy by giving an example.

Next time, try to read the entire thread. Then you will notice that I tried to explain sth to some other guy by giving an example.
    Yeah great job there showing how to make a strictly worse application for no reason at all I congratulate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    Look if your that nervous that you have practically soiled yourself go and ask a GM and put your diper at rest.
    How exactly am I "nervous" and wtf is a diper?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    How exactly am I "nervous" and wtf is a diper?
    I think he meant "diaper". You know these things you put on a baby's arse.