Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    What the fuck change am I going to promote diving back into the "Republicans are all idiots" neverending circle jerk?
    I am blatantly aware the Republicans aren't great.

That doesn't magically make the Democrats not dog shit. Just like Trump being a moron didn't make Clinton a palatable choice.

But, I'm the enemy. People that voted Obama and didn't pick Trump or Clinton can't possibly exist. I must be a Russian spy.
    Well not you specifically but I've seen a lot of third party voters (and people I personally know) bitching about Trump being president. Vote third party yeah but eh just kind of seems like you only have yourself to blame when the candidate you don't like gets elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Well three different companies announced that they were keeping jobs in the USA immediately after meeting with him. Like, they were green on moving the jobs straight up to the exact point that they met with him. I may not be a Trump fan but I am not an idiot and the causality is extremely clear here.
    all 3 companies have stated these plans were in place well before they met with trump, spoke with trump, knew trump was going to win, and some before trump even won his party.

carrier is the closest thing to a win, even that is credit that should go to the state and pence.

all the other ones had their facts presented and trump had just about nothing to do with them other then these companies allowing him his publicity to suck up to the new president.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    The K Mart my mom worked at for over 30 years closed last year and I doubt Trump had anything to do with it as he's trying to sue my city's airport instead of the K-Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Well not you specifically but I've seen a lot of third party voters (and people I personally know) bitching about Trump being president. Vote third party yeah but eh just kind of seems like you only have yourself to blame when the candidate you don't like gets elected.
    I knew one of those idiots was going to be president, so there was no point in crying if Trump won. I despise Clinton, but I would be calling anyone who said she didn't win a baby if she ACTUALLY won.

But, you notice how you immediately called me being a democrat into question? There can't possibly be dissidents in the Democrat party. There all just salty Trump voters, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It's only fair to balance positive things Trump didn't do, with negatives ones too!
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Come on Trump supporters!! All of you that gave him credit for Ford's hiring plans, the time to speak up and give Trump credit for this is now!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Trump should get credit for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    The timing of these closures brings to question the perceived effect of a Trump presidency on the stability of American consumerism.
    What timing?

Macy's announced its plan in September 2015, KMart in April 2016, Sears in August 2016.

Is there some new conspiracy theory floating around that scammed you people?
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Aww yeah. Another thread full of Hillary supporters doing ad hominems left and right. Stay classy Liberals.

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew one of those idiots was going to be president, so there was no point in crying if Trump won. I despise Clinton, but I would be calling anyone who said she didn't win a baby if she ACTUALLY won.

But, you notice how you immediately called me being a democrat into question? There can't possibly be dissidents in the Democrat party. There all just salty Trump voters, amirite?
    Well yeah most people that I know who are registered democrats tend to be pretty loyal to the party just as Republicans are so it's shocking to see a self proclaimed Democrat be so critical of them. Gonna have some questions for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Macy's, Kmart, and Sears were already scheduled to start closing stores since 2014 (and as far back as 2009). They close a bunch every year and liquidate the stuff at the beginning of the year.

Fuck off with the politics.

Sears lost their brand loyalty when they opted to sell cheap chinese crap much like most hardware stores.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Well yeah most people that I know who are registered democrats tend to be pretty loyal to the party just as Republicans are so it's shocking to see a self proclaimed Democrat be so critical of them. Gonna have some questions for sure.
    Should I go become a Trump supporter? Will that heal the inconceivable idea of thinking there are people that didn't like Clinton AND Trump?

Oh! You can be 2012 Republicans now! I'm totally a DINO that is ruining the purity of your party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should I go become a Trump supporter? Will that heal the inconceivable idea of thinking there are people that didn't like Clinton AND Trump?

Oh! You can be 2012 Republicans now! I'm totally a DINO that is ruining the purity of your party.
    It's not my party as I'm not a democrat. Left leaning for sure but I'm not democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    What timing?

Macy's announced its plan in September 2015, KMart in April 2016, Sears in August 2016.

Is there some new conspiracy theory floating around that scammed you people?
    No conspiracy. Just the usual hypocrisy from you and your ilk. As well as a bit of nuanced humor that, as usual, is lost in the shallow pool.

It's not my party as I'm not a democrat. Left leaning for sure but I'm not democrat.
    Even better. Why don't you decide my affiliation for me since I can't be a Democrat at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    When MMO-C.com figures out Politics had nothing to do with these corporations closing stores down #TRIGGERED

10+ Year Old Account
    Even better. Why don't you decide my affiliation for me since I can't be a Democrat at all.
    I simply stated that's why people would assume you're a Trump supporter is all

I simply stated that's why people would assume you're a Trump supporter is all
    Or it's because they are the same kind of idiots who opposed Obama 24/7.

Actually, yeah. That's the reason.

The K-mart in my own closed down a couple of months ago. Was a long time coming too. Wal-Mart and Target conquered the area
    This.

The K-Mart in my town has been closing for years. It must be Trumps fault...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Come on Trump supporters!! All of you that gave him credit for Ford's hiring plans, the time to speak up and give Trump credit for this is now!!!
    Well I mean if you guys want to give him credit for this happening doesn't that mean you would have to admit credit for Ford? I personally give him credit for neither but that is because I can't prove/disprove it either way so would rather just not give credit at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    No conspiracy. Just the usual hypocrisy from you and your ilk.
    Hey now, we are all hypocrites. regardless of what side we are or are not on.

Sigh. Blaming and praising the potus for everything like this and Ford is even more annoying than religious nut jobs.

Ford's movement was happening (they're investing less money overall) and Sears/KMart have been going down the slow spiral to closure. Party loyalty might as well be a religion with people not giving two shits about facts.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

People are usually surprised to learn that big department stores like Macy's primarily stay in business not from revenue on their inventory but from the interest paid on store credit. Consumers are all out of credit and everything is getting more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    These major American brands are closing stores all across the country. The timing of these closures brings to question the perceived effect of a Trump presidency on the stability of American consumerism.

But let's stop there. The purpose of this thread is to expose the extensive confirmation bias from self-identified Trump supporters that has plagued just about every news story about a business succeeding in the past few weeks.

If Trump is responsible for those successes, then he must also be responsible for these failures. Now, any rational person would reject both of these arguments - Trump isn't in office yet, and businesses don't plan colossal changes to their strategies on the basis of a few words from an incurable liar; the most they would do is use his election as an excuse for their already-laid plans in order to sway national opinion or gain publicity. But for some reason, select individuals feel the need to justify their support for a candidate by irrational means, as if their own reputation were at stake.

An almost hypothetical question to discuss: Do you think the team mentality that has infiltrated American politics is beneficial to the political decisionmaking process?

Sources:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...Y7K/story.html

http://www.syracuse.com/business-new...sing_list.html
    Theres a difference between convincing companies to bring back jobs which have been offshored, and companies shutting the doors on stores that aren't profitable.