New to Archaeology, Would Appreciate Help

So I've recently taken up archaeology because I'm looking to get the Sword of the Sirocco transmog. I understand that the mog itself is rare, but I'm wondering what is the best way to go about getting it and... how do you actually get it.

I've tried to look up a concrete answer for this, and excuse me being this inexperienced but I don't even know what to do with the archaeological fragments. So my thought process up to now was grind in Legion zones up to 600 to use all of the Restored Artifacts I get to buy the Tol'vir fragments from the vendor in Dalaran. Is there a quicker or better way to go about it? Should I only do Legion until 450 and then start farming Kalimdor for the fragments directly instead? What do I even do once I get the fragments to try to obtain the sword? Why are the wowhead guides not updated for Draenor let alone Legion.

Any help is appreciated. Cheers.

Once you're at 600 skill go to Pandaria. Buy a Mantid Artifact Hunter's Kit, open it and keep the locator in your bags. Any new digsites in Pandaria will now be Mantid ones. Their digsites spawn only in 2 zones and the majority of their digsites are tiny. You need to be exalted with the Lorewalkers before you can buy the kit, but that reputation consists only of visiting fixed locations on the map.
    Once you've got that going it's going to be faster than digging in Legion. You'll be able to fly, you'll encounter lvl 88-90 monsters and Mantid solves take fewer fragments on average than the Legion ones. It's been the best way to get Tol'vir fragments since they've added it in the game. Draenor archaeology suffers from having 4 digsites scattered across it's zones, but I guess it's still better than actually digging in Kalimdor. Not sure how fast it goes on a mage though. Having portals might cut down travel time enough. You're still looking at a very low chance of getting a Tol'vir digsite until you've learned all the rares from the other races.

I'm currently exalted with all pandaren reputations so I'll definitely go there at 600. So for now, keep grinding Legion zones i guess. Still only 200.