Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    Do you honestly think Blizzard will go full on mentally retarded mode and require an attunement for a raid? I don't mind it for dungeons because yea something to do. But they'd NEVER require it for a raid in 2017. Thats just asking me to go fuck you Im not playing this game moving over to FFXV. Because remember if they do, NOT A SINGLE GUILD, will be able to raid on wednesday. Which is just amazing.

The questline ended at Nighthold for a reason if you read the lore and such. Or well I hope it did since Blizzard doesn't have terrible writing, but I don't read quests.
    Since that questline actually awards quite a bit of artifact power, I'm pretty sure that a lot, if not all of the major guilds have done it or at least will have done it before that Wednesday you are talking about.

I have to agree that a pre-quest does sound antiquated and would probably aggravate a lot of the "I'm only here to raid" WoD crowd. BUT: If there WAS a pre-quest, this one would one that was quite nicely done. Nice story arc, culminating in the Nighthold (and explaining why we enter through the sewers again - which in BT during TBC I never really understood), and offering quite some diverse quests that were mostly interesting to do. Only problem was the moot running back-and-forth through Suramar, but that probably is because of lore / immersion reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by setsuna f seiei View Post
    Found the guy who didn't raid / recruit in TBC
    gues again,
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d/Chrno/simple

hint ... check title
    and yes, i even recruited.

Have a nice day sir.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

I`m all for "attunements" if it works like in Karazhan. Do some dungeons in Mythic, prove that you know how that tool works, and how mechanics play, then do the same but we up the difficulty a bit. Nice learning curve.

As someone who still hasn't quite finished the Insurrection quest line, I would be fine with them using that as an attunement mechanism. What I have done so far has been (mostly) interesting, and there were enough rewards associated with it that it wasn't a complete waste of time even for those that might not enjoy the story so much. That being said, my guess is they won't require an attunement, but if they did and it was completion of the Insurrection achievement, that would be legit IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Since that questline actually awards quite a bit of artifact power, I'm pretty sure that a lot, if not all of the major guilds have done it or at least will have done it before that Wednesday you are talking about.

I have to agree that a pre-quest does sound antiquated and would probably aggravate a lot of the "I'm only here to raid" WoD crowd. BUT: If there WAS a pre-quest, this one would one that was quite nicely done. Nice story arc, culminating in the Nighthold (and explaining why we enter through the sewers again - which in BT during TBC I never really understood), and offering quite some diverse quests that were mostly interesting to do. Only problem was the moot running back-and-forth through Suramar, but that probably is because of lore / immersion reasons.
    Haven't done 1 quest other than what was needed for the dungeons. I hate the idea of questing at max level, I don't care about lore. As for rewarding a bit of AP, it's faster to boost dungeons than doing quests so never had a reason to bother. Know others doing the same which just began illidan quest line for the dumb legendary upgrade long live.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlokh View Post
    I`m all for "attunements" if it works like in Karazhan. Do some dungeons in Mythic, prove that you know how that tool works, and how mechanics play, then do the same but we up the difficulty a bit. Nice learning curve.
    Was that really an attunment? For most everyone I hang with it was basically, go run the same Mythics again. I'd venture the bigger attunment was those lacking in gear. I am curious how many people it kept out, versus how many just weren't interested. Doesn't it become queable in 7.1.5? Now that everyone is firly caught up in gear, I expect to see a lot more people in there.

What does a raid attunement really achieve? Goal is to keep people out of the group finder tool? I thought everyone here was Mythic raiders, who cares what the normal and heroic guys are doing?
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2017-01-06 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Was that really an attunment? For most everyone I hang with it was basically, go run the same Mythics again. I'd venture the bigger attunment was those lacking in gear. I am curious how many people it kept out, versus how many just weren't interested. Doesn't it become queable in 7.1.5? Now that everyone is firly caught up in gear, I expect to see a lot more people in there.

What does a raid attunement really achieve? Goal is to keep people out of the group finder tool? I thought everyone here was Mythic raiders, who cares what the normal and heroic guys are doing?
    No, not really an attunment, but it required some kind of effort (maybe for some, I understand that for raiders or Mythic+ dungeoneers can be a waste of time). I think this is the way to go, at least to up some of the LFR-players-only.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    Yeah like the illidan quest line you have to do for upgrading the legendaries.
    That have been proven to be FALSE SHIT. Bonobo.

Quote Originally Posted by setsuna f seiei View Post
    Found the guy who didn't raid / recruit in TBC
    I cannot for the life of me figure out why there's a single living human being who actually thought attunements were good for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I cannot for the life of me figure out why there's a single living human being who actually thought attunements were good for the game.
    It's a right of passage. I worked my ass off for X so you should too kind of thing.
    After the Black temple cockblock I wouldn't wana do that again. or the Ony cloak... that was brutal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    Yeah like the illidan quest line you have to do for upgrading the legendaries.
    That was proven incorrect over a week ago as well. There is no attunement for Nighthold and no pre-requirement for the legendary upgrade quest.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    As someone who still hasn't quite finished the Insurrection quest line, I would be fine with them using that as an attunement mechanism. What I have done so far has been (mostly) interesting, and there were enough rewards associated with it that it wasn't a complete waste of time even for those that might not enjoy the story so much. That being said, my guess is they won't require an attunement, but if they did and it was completion of the Insurrection achievement, that would be legit IMO.
    I've long been exalted with the Nightfallen and did new Insurrection quests everytime they were available, but I still think it would have been a terrible idea to make it an attunement. Purely because of the high reputation requirements to even start the questline. A raid should be accessible in a reasonable amount of time regardless of a player's progress. Realistically it takes weeks to get to 20k revered with the Nightfallen when starting from scratch.