3.0 (Pre-WotLK) BM Hunter
    3.3 (ICC) Ret Paladin
    3.3 (ICC) Resto Druid
    3.3 (ICC) Feral Druid
    3.3 (ICC) Fire Mage
    5.4 (SoO) Survival Hunter
    5.4 (SoO) BM Hunter
    5.4 (SoO) Brewmaster Monk

ICC and SoO had some pretty great class designs. SoO Survival Hunter is probably my favorite spec ever. So smooth, so satisfying, so simple.
    Only played a hunter for the most part, but I have to agree with this. SoO was very enjoyable as a hunter.

1 handed fury in cata, up until firelands when you were forced to go titans grip.
    Ret in wotlk
    Ele in mop

Those are the best i remember, but i also liked mm hunters in the DS patch. Assassination at the end of wod was good. Unholy was pretty good too during legion beta, i was pretty close to rolling dk for the 1st time ever, but the awful abomination model was the deciding factor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata Rogue
    Wrath Destro
    MoP/Wrath Frost Mage
    Wrath Warr
    Cata Aff Lock
    MoP Feral
    Wrath Pally

LK Resto Druid, Priest, Prot Pally.

Deleted
    Wrath MM/Ret/Mage (Frost & Fire)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    I can see something blurry moving around on the screen but I have no idea what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    1. Early WoTLK shockadin
    2. WoD Disc priest
    3. Legion survival hunter
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    legion demonology is pretty well designed
    "We don't want you to be playing Demonology. We're not bad at math, we just don't like that spec."

Deleted
    5.2 Demo Lock with UVLS.

/Thread

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    5.2 Demo Lock with UVLS.

/Thread
    God that shit was so dumb just like ferals with RORO off lei shen too so broken the dmg and play styles were so lulz.

As for all the people saying cata rogue was good the only thing I remember being good about cata rogue was that sub in dragon soul was the biggest pain the ass to play correctly but the dmg was worth all the effort so however I cant really say it was by design because parts of the spec that were used for dps were not designed for it like our hot recoup ending up a dps increase due to a silly talent.
    Last edited by Firatha; 2017-01-06 at 09:39 AM.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

3.x Combat Rogue before the FoK nerf? (And why did they nerf it instead of moving the talent deeper into the Combat tree???)

Deleted
    Wotlk blood dk, ret pala, enh shaman and arcane mage.
    Mop-Wod brm monk.
    Legion fire mage and enh shaman.

Based on personal enjoyment of the specs gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP had good specs for all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I want everyone to think back to the best iterations of every spec in the game, and point out what you thought was the most fun.

I'll give my top 10.

1. 7.0 Unholy DK
    What is this shit? UH has been shit since 7.0 we are bottom to middle of the barrel at best.

That said the best time for UH was 3.1 Wrath its the only time we were truly on top. Paladins were just as powerful the greatest fight I ever had in a BG was between me and a paladin in 3.1. It was like a big movie battle when two major character face off after the armies clash. We fought for 4 minutes straight till I killed him.

Lock affliction during Wotlk, destro on Mop.

5.1 Arcane mage
    5.0 Fire mage
    WotLK prot pala (3.2 and 3.3)
    5.4 Mage (all specs)
    5.4 Destro lock
    5.4 Warrior (all specs)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    Subtlety in Cata, MoP, and WoD (all 3 versions were quite similar to each other with some relatively minor differences)

As for the worst designed spec in the game, look no further than Subtlety in Legion where our genius class designer Celestalon, Lord of Tablets himself, decided that "we are going to reduce the complexity of Sub to make it appeal to a wider audience" (actual quote from alpha forums)

Yeah great job taking Shadow Dance, easily the most exciting cooldown in the entire game, and turning it first into a stupid passive and then into just another forgettable button that you press rotationally

Great job also pruning poisons, bleeds, gouge, garrote, shiv, preparation, premeditation, etc.... you know all the unique utility that made us feel like we were playing a rogue instead of some generic button mashing 223 223 223 melee..........

This is what happens when people who only understand dps rotations and spreadsheets are put in charge of class design.
    This so much. I loved sub, even in Wod it was so much fun.... and now it´s so bad i cant even play it. )=

6.1 blood dk (bos)
    7.1.(5?) ww monk (if SEF get fixed)
    5.x locks (all spec where really good to play during whole mop, exp 5.2 demo and 5.4 destro)
    5.4 Fire and Frost mage
    4.3. Arms Warr

Those aren't in any particular order.

Deleted
    5.4 fury warrior RIP in peaches my sweet child
    6.0 gladiator warrior
    6.1 Blood DK
    6.2 Unholy DK (I Liked NP)
    MoP Mistweaver
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2017-01-06 at 12:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    3.3 feral druid
    This. This is the one.