Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Okay. So if they refuse to work what will you do, then?
    Throw them in solitary for a month

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOut View Post
    Right? And lets be real, would you rather have prisoners working construction or back on the street doing who knows what; learning essentially nothing from their time in prison because people thought employing them and teaching them trade skills was considered slavery. Seriously people?
    Only because there's no effort to even rehabilate prisoners(Least for the big offenders). There's also the fact not everyone in prisoner is just some hardcore bad person.

Throw them in solitary
    Yeah fuck off with that. Solitary is just inhumane.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    http://www.infowars.com/sheriff-offe...p-border-wall/

Good, it's about time prisoners start being useful instead of being useless behind bars.
    Yes, so useful to waste additional tax payer money to build a wall which will do absolutely nothing. But hey, at least prisoners are busy instead of being useless behind bars right? How about we send them to do your sisters and mothers laundry every weekend too? I'm sure there are many ways to waste additional tax payer money with prisoners, I mean public education in the U.S. is already amazing and the U.S. doesn't have any debt. What else to do with all this money? /s

If it wasn't mandatory and doing so benefited the prisoners it's not bad to consider. Construction isn't a bad skill-set to learn and if you could use at a training program within the prison for that kind of stuff it might actually be more beneficial than leaving people in solitary. One of the best ways to rehabilitate someone is give them the means to provide for themselves and succeed. Just saying that learning how to use tools and being given, essentially, a job in prison could be a way of reducing recidivism for paroles.

I mean, that's a totally glass half-full way of thinking about it, but still. I believe it is worth considering if it has a benefit to the prisoners only. Otherwise I wouldn't want to see any scenario that even resembles slavery like forcing them to work on the wall or be tossed into solitary.

of course the liberals wanna say slavery when it was their party that mostly voted AGAINST abolishing slavery

things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    So slavery.
    Nope its punishment and tbh if you actually read the article its one of the good idea's using prison labour to help after disasters or to improve the area, actually get the inmates doing something useful and contribute to the society they've screwed up.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

http://www.infowars.com/sheriff-offe...p-border-wall/

Good, it's about time prisoners start being useful instead of being useless behind bars.
    Mmm slave labor in service of political theater.

AMERICA

- - - Updated - - -

Not slavery. When you're in prison for a felony you do whatever they tell you.
    So they are compelled through threat of force to work with no or functionally no compensation......

Sure sounds like slavery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrynn View Post
    If it wasn't mandatory and doing so benefited the prisoners it's not bad to consider. Construction isn't a bad skill-set to learn and if you could use at a training program within the prison for that kind of stuff it might actually be more beneficial than leaving people in solitary. One of the best ways to rehabilitate someone is give them the means to provide for themselves and succeed. Just saying that learning how to use tools and being given, essentially, a job in prison could be a way of reducing recidivism for paroles.

I mean, that's a totally glass half-full way of thinking about it, but still. I believe it is worth considering if it has a benefit to the prisoners only. Otherwise I wouldn't want to see any scenario that even resembles slavery like forcing them to work on the wall or be tossed into solitary.
    Why should it have to benifit the prisoners ... there in prison as a punishment. Though they will learn a trade skill, that it the long term is quite valuable.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    of course the liberals wanna say slavery when it was their party that mostly voted AGAINST abolishing slavery

things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm
    Are you trolling or simply uneducated on the point you're making? My guess is the former or possibly both.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Mmm slave labor in service of political theater.

AMERICA

- - - Updated - - -

So they are compelled through threat of force to work with no or functionally no compensation......

Sure sounds like slavery to me.
    No one forced them to commit a heinous crime.

Personally I wouldn't compel prisoners through threat of force, nor would I not compensate them. The criminal prisoners would sign up for that type of work just like they do now if they work in the kitchen, work in the laundry area or work in sanitation.

Not sure why you are against a criminal prisoner wanting a chance at making money in prison while learning a trade and the value of hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    No one forced them to commit a heinous crime.

Personally I wouldn't compel prisoners through threat of force, nor would I not compensate them. The criminal prisoners would sign up for that type of work just like they do now if they work in the kitchen, work in the laundry area or work in sanitation.

Not sure why you are against a criminal prisoner wanting a chance at making money in prison while learning a trade and the value of hard work.
    "Its ok because they deserve it" is basically the justification for slavery every other time too.

I'm ok with prisoners being offered chances to make real wages. Pennies per hour for compelled labor is functionally indistinguishable from slavery. Good luck getting the labor you need for this from volunteers making no money tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Why are we paying slaves to do this? Shouldn't we be paying skilled blue collar laborers to make sure we get a good wall and also just because we love our skilled trades? What the fuck kind of unpatriotic China loving garbage are you trying to sell us, Orlong? How are we going to make America great again when you'd rather let convicted felons benefit than hardworking, law abiding Americans?
    I have to agree. I'm not a skilled labourer, but if I had the opportunity to work along the border in a safe and controlled environment as a summer job, I would do it. It would be hot, it would be hard, hard work, but it would be worth it. This is a huge undertaking and I think the opportunity should go toward the working American labourer first before any prisoners are offered to voluntarily do it.

Ha, another infowars link.

Nice to see sheriffs using prisoners for political gain yet again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Its ok because they deserve it" is basically the justification for slavery every other time too.

I'm ok with prisoners being offered chances to make real wages. Pennies per hour for compelled labor is functionally indistinguishable from slavery. Good luck getting the labor you need for this from volunteers making no money tho.
    Perhaps a reduction from their sentence could act as a second reward system? Not from convicted murderers or drug dealers and not anything substantial like a 5 year sentence knocked down to 5 months. Or even a special note on a record if an inmate is up for parole soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Throw them in solitary for a month
    So slavery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Those wages they make also take into account the cost to house them in the prisons though.

They are getting paid literally a livable wage while inside the prison as everything else is paid for. Healthcare, housing, food, clothing, toiletries, TV, electricity, garbage disposal, water, maintenance, personal security force, and furniture.

Actually most prisoners jump at the chance to work. The volunteer list fills up quick.

Why are you underestimating the desire of criminal prisoners wanting to work and learn a trade and be a value to society? That is a pretty pessimistic view of criminal prisoners who just want to give back and atone for their crimes.

Those wages they make also take into account the cost to house them in the prisons though.

They are getting paid literally a livable wage while inside the prison as everything else is paid for. Healthcare, housing, food, clothing, toiletries, TV, electricity, garbage disposal, water, maintenance, personal security force, and furniture.

Actually most prisoners jump at the chance to work. The volunteer list fills up quick.

Why are you underestimating the desire of criminal prisoners wanting to work and learn a trade and be a value to society? That is a pretty pessimistic view of criminal prisoners who just want to give back and atone for their crimes.
    "I read somewhere that people LIKE being slaves."
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Again, I have no argument against letting prisoners work for money. You're tilting at windmills. I have a problem with using anyone, including prisoners, as slave labor.

Not slavery. When you're in prison for a felony you do whatever they tell you.
    No actually its not that. Most of the time the jailbirds and prisoners with lower level crimes go out and do work because while you are in jail and prison you are being charged for your stay.

Again, I have no argument against letting prisoners work for money. You're tilting at windmills. I have a problem with using anyone, including prisoners, as slave labor.
    Okay, I agree with you.