Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by landria View Post
    why do people shit on 7.1.5 so much? it's not a content patch since the actual content will come one week later with 7.2. i can see people raging about the 'balance' changes but everything else. you guys are ridiculous.
    Nighthold comes week after 7.1.5, not 7.2. Don't expect 7.2 before late March or April. I think we will get 7.2 PTR around February.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually considering coming back to the game now for the Brawler's guild. I'll probably clear it again pretty quickly, but its the first thing in a while that's interested me in WoW. I wouldn't really compare the amount of stuff that's coming in this patch with the SELFIE cam patch.

It's a minor patch, being marketed as a minor patch ... that has more content than the Selfie Cam patch, which was a minor patch marketed as a major patch.

So, no.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprex View Post
    This actually a small patch not a major patch like 6.1 and remember we already had kara patch so its completely not the case.
    I see it! DO you see it?!

Seriously now, Selfie cam can frick off.

Even trying to compare a X.Y patch to a X.Y.5 patch is dumb as fuck.

No you can't compare 6.1 to 7.1.5. One is a X.1 and one is a X.Y.5. Getting the updated Brawlers Guild in a X.Y.5 is actually decent.

I wish Micro Holidays had pet/toy or other non power but fun rewards though, they're perfect for them. I think they're shooting themselves in the foot not adding non power rewards to them either as I don't think many people will actually do them.

7+ Year Old Account
    7.1.5 isnt a major patch.

Formerly known as Arafal

I suspect micro-holidays are a preview of the major feature of the next xpac. A big complaint regarding Legion is the repetitive grinding. Well, one way to fix that is to create something like 750 unique world quests and then rotate them into play so that only 3-4 of them active at any one time. Any particular quest might only be offered 3-4 days per year.

So micro-holidays might be significantly more than you think they are. They could be way beyond selfie cams.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Micro holidays are just a way to keep casuals subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Micro holidays are just a way to keep casuals subbed.
    Or, you know, to have fun with the game instead of being a giant loot-whore like you.

bit off topic I think it's funny how silthius after vanilla, 2 raids, cata revamp, old god explained and expanded and now a micro holiday, that zone still isn't a full questing zone
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

7+ Year Old Account
    why do people shit on 7.1.5 so much? it's not a content patch since the actual content will come one week later with 7.2. i can see people raging about the 'balance' changes but everything else. you guys are ridiculous.
    this is completely non sense.

Formerly known as Arafal

The selfie cam patch was 6.1, right? This is 7.1.5, not even supposed to be a major content patch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    I have a feeling that 7.1.5 will be remembered for all the wrong reasons like 6.1 was, and part of that (among other things) will be due to the parallel between micro-holidays and the S.E.L.F.I.E. cam.

Micro-holidays offer very little substantive content, attempt to bring life back into the world, and are 'just for fun' activities just like the S.E.L.F.I.E. cam. But most of all, both features were released during a contentous point in each expansion's life span with not much else on offer.

I think these uncanny similarities will ultimately lead micro-holidays to the same fate of the S.E.L.F.I.E. cam. After the expected cold reception, hopefully Blizzard will realise that substantive content is the priority and is what will keep players around. Instead of creating 8 substantive Legion-releated events that could have pushed the story forward and kept players engaged, they decide to spend their development resources on 8 micro-holiday events. It makes no sense, especially given that we are in a period of content drought where it has been almost 3 months since the last content update in 7.1.
    who knows maybe blizzard will secretly add varian and voljin to battle in the arena as a added bonus for super cool loot
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Sooooo it's a content patch.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    I just like the idea of a bit more world activity, not really like the Cam.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Class tuning, Brawler's Guild, alt artifact catch-up, the week before Nighthold... I don't think it'll be remembered in a bad light tbh. I can't wait, purely for the alt catch-up.
    Brawler's guild alone makes it miles ahead of the selfie cam patch.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    'just for fun' activities
    So, you don't like fun. Given your thread history I can see that.

And no, this won't be remembered like 6.1 was. Because that's just stupid to think. It's an interim patch that fixes some stuff (and probably breaks other stuff in the process), reinstates the Brawler's Guild, and has a raid as part of it.

It's about as unlike 6.1 as it can be. Jeez, these threads are dumb.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Well. Yes, it is the SELFIE-Cam of Legion. But there is more shit to do on top of that. Not like 6.1 which was "okey, here you go. Bye".

At least imo that's better.