BiS nighthold gear discussion

http://www.wowhead.com/nighthold-rai...#tier19-hunter

Just trying to figure out what I should coin.

I've also heard that you can coin twice somehow on a boss? Is that real, how does it work...

BM: Looking for best setup

2-set: Tier Helm from Elisande, Tier Cloak from Trillliax
    4-set: Tier Helm from Elisande, Tier Cloak from Trillliax, Tier Legs from Gul'dan, Tier Hands from Star Augur Etraeus

Helm: Tier From Elisande
    Shoulder: Pray to RNGesus for new Legendary Shoulder, otherwise from Gul'dan
    Chest: From Skorpyron
    Wrist: From Skorpyron
    Hands: Tier from Star Augur Etraeus
    Waist: From Spellblade Aluriel
    Legs: Tier from Gul'dan
    Feet: From Spellblade Aluriel

Cloak: Tier from Trilliax
    Ring 1: From Gul'dan
    Ring 2: No idea, maybe from Spellblade Aluriel
    Neck: From Chronomatic Anomaly

Trinket 1: From Elisande. Convergence of Fates...What spell does it decrease for BM??
    Trinket 2: No idea for 2nd trinket, might keep using BTI or mastery stat stick or aran's

Relic Arcane: From Skorpyron (Pack Leader)
    Relic Storm: From Star Augur Etraeus (Jaws of Thunder)
    Relic Iron: From Skorpyron (Jaws of Thunder), From Gul'dan (Pack Leader)
    *Two from Skorpyron, CASH MONEY!!

---

Loot Count

Skorpyron: 4
    Chronomatic Anomaly: 1
    Trilliax: 1 *tier
    Spellblade Alluriel: 3
    Star Augur Etraeus: 2 *tier
    High Botanist Tel'arn:
    Krosus:
    Tichondrius:
    Elisande: 2 *tier
    Gul'dan: 4 *tier

---

Conclusion, Bosses to Coin week 1
    Skorpyron
    Trillax
    Spellblade Alluriel
    Star Augur Etraeus
    Elisande
    Gul'dan

======================================================================================

MM: MM probably the same as BM going into Nighthold besides relics? Which BiS would be different?

======================================================================================

Surv: No idea.

Generic items that aren't tier, trinkets or relics don't really need to be considered for roll purposes IMO. They represent small increases relatively to other items, and can always be gotten in M+, with better stats. Surely they'll adjust or increase the limit on M+ in this patch?

Yeh agree. Best would be to roll on Tier items + relics + trinkets. But i heard that Aran base damage is buffed, so i'm pretty sure i wont change my 885chest and 860Aran for a long time :/

Btw, what you think about day1 Legendaries for a BM, is it still Ring+Belt and then Shoulders+Belt?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naggash View Post
    Yeh agree. Best would be to roll on Tier items + relics + trinkets. But i heard that Aran base damage is buffed, so i'm pretty sure i wont change my 885chest and 860Aran for a long time :/

Btw, what you think about day1 Legendaries for a BM, is it still Ring+Belt and then Shoulders+Belt?
    Shoulders/belt/boots is my guess.

Ofc you can coin twice on a boss, just go kill it again.
    You can spend all coins you have on same boss if you want.

If somebody is definitely clearing heroic week 1 then saving bonus rolls for only tier bosses would probably be best.

I can't say if my guild will clear heroic week 1, we're decent but we only raid 2 nights a week. So 50/50 chance.

Say if somebody really wants to push mythic NH week 2, then any tier is better than not completeting that 2 set or 4 set. However, for the long term and less hardcore, the tier shoulders and tier chests have such shitty stats and the alternatives are so good that I think its a waste to even try to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    If somebody is definitely clearing heroic week 1 then saving bonus rolls for only tier bosses would probably be best.

I can't say if my guild will clear heroic week 1, we're decent but we only raid 2 nights a week. So 50/50 chance.

Say if somebody really wants to push mythic NH week 2, then any tier is better than not completeting that 2 set or 4 set. However, for the long term and less hardcore, the tier shoulders and tier chests have such shitty stats and the alternatives are so good that I think its a waste to even try to get them.
    You can have 13 coins total to spend on NH before you even set a foot in mythics.

Enter NH week with 6/6 coins.
    Spend coins on all 6x tier bosses (biggest upgrade, elisandre has the trinket you want as well). Buy 3x new coins, do timewalking for 1x extra coin.
    Mythic reset starts, buy 2x coins, spend 1 on a boss and buy the last one, 6 more coins to spend on heroic/mythic.

Essentially, you get two shots at every tier boss to bonus roll if you're not stupid, and have one spare coin leftover for any tasty mythic bosses you might get down week #1.

You could also get a coin if you 200% the class hall mission

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    You could also get a coin if you 200% the class hall mission
    True, but that one's dependant on when you completed the initial one - I don't keep track of other peoples, so I'm not going to assume they have it ready :P.

http://www.wowhead.com/nighthold-rai...#tier19-hunter
    Trinket 1: From Elisande. Convergence of Fates...What spell does it decrease for BM??
    Aspect of the Wild

I guess its not terrible but AotW is not a really strong cd. Aside from trinkets. nighthold gear is looking pretty good.

It really depends on how much effort you want to put into it, because you can use all of your bonus rolls on one boss if you keep killing them again and again. So realistically the 'ideal' use of your coins would be to just not roll at all on your first run, see what you get, then calculate which boss has the highest expected value of drops. You'd then just keep rolling on that boss over and over again until you get a drop. After getting a drop, the expected value from that boss will decrease, at which point you'd then just start rolling on whichever boss now has the highest expected value (which may still be the same boss).

An example from EN. As an MM hunter, Ursoc dropped the Bloodshirty Instinct trinket, two Quick Shot relics and a mastery heavy necklace. Basically none of the other bosses compared in terms of loot, so you'd have wanted to just keep spending all your bonus rolls on Ursoc. However, once you got the trinket and maybe a relic, the only things left would have been a relic and the necklace. At this point Nythendra would overtake Ursoc, assuming you had nothing drop from her so far, since she drops a relic, a mastery heavy helmet and a haste/mastery belt.

I think right now for MM hunters it would be Elisande that takes top priority for bonus rolls, due to the trinket, tier helmet (which is mastery heavy) and relic. Although if you get the trinket on normal, it wouldn't be worth bonus rolling on Elisande on heroic specifically for the trinket, since you'd only gain ~200 agility (you'd much rather get a tier piece). I have no idea how good the trinket is though, or any of the other trinkets, so I'd need to see some sim results before I decide.

Heard from someplace that NH gear has increasing ilvl, like HFC. Anybody know the increase and which boss? Also anybody know whats the highest titanforge ilvl for NH?

I imagine the ilvl increase in bosses won't be as big of a problem in NH as in HFC because of titanforging if everything can go up to the same max ilvl.

From Wowhead;

Skorpyron, Chronomatic Anomaly and Trilliax are ilvl 855 LFR, ilvl 870 Normal, ilvl 885 Heroic, and ilvl 900 Mythic.
    Spellblade Aluriel, Tichondrius, Krosus, High Botanist Tel'arn, Star Augur Etraeus, Elisande are ilvl 860 LFR, ilvl 875 Normal, ilvl 890 Heroic, and ilvl 905 Mythic.
    Gul'dan is ilvl 865 LFR, ilvl 880 Normal, ilvl 895 Heroic, and ilvl 910 Mythic.

I guess its not terrible but AotW is not a really strong cd. Aside from trinkets. nighthold gear is looking pretty good.
    It synergizes well with our 2 piece though. BW is going to have a higher uptime and AotW gives us the focus we need to really spam the Killer cobra combo during it.

Id say Skorp and Ellisande are 100% coin targets week 1.