Thread: flying in argus

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

flying in argus

will flying be active on argus when we get there ?
    will we have to unlock it ?
    will it be active at all ?

what do you think ?

Deleted
    That will obviously come in 8.2

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how fleshed out the Argus zone will be.

It's quite possible that we only get to see a rather small segment and it will turn out like IQD/IoT/TI.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Depends on how fleshed out the Argus zone will be.

It's quite possible that we only get to see a rather small segment and it will turn out like IQD/IoT/TI.
    While they could pull a Tanaan Jungle on us again, and let the end game zone that is unlocked on the last patch be flyable, this is what I expect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    While they could pull a Tanaan Jungle on us again, and let the end game zone that is unlocked on the last patch be flyable, this is what I expect.
    Was easy to do with Tanaan, since it was part of the main continent.

If we can fly, how would they believably explain the nonexistence of the rest of Argus or the invisible walls? Just some tiny isle in the middle of some corrupted ocean? Super high mountains? Instagib fel cannons?

Much easier to just surround the area with terrain and absurd mob swarms that grill you.

Meh. The more I think about it, the less sense the whole "we go to Argus" makes anyway.

No idea man.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If it's like Thunder Isle or Timeless Isle then no, but maybe - depends how much they have developed Argus I guess. Can't see why not but there might be lots of invisible walls

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is the planet intact, or is it (partly) shattered? I'd kinda want to fly around in like Outland if that were the case.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Is the planet intact, or is it (partly) shattered? I'd kinda want to fly around in like Outland if that were the case.
    Unknown at this time. All that we do know is that it probably looks a lot like shadowmoon valley.

25K years of rampant fell energies basically turned it into a lifeless, charred rock.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    They showed this picture at blizzcon

Argus will most likely not have flying, just like isle of thunder and timeless isle.

Seems very unlikely. Instanced patch content hubs have never had flying available from what I can recall, since they're the main areas of the game that can actually be designed properly around grounded content.

Unless they do some kind of experimental new area, with lots of Netherstorm-esque satellites, or something, then I wouldn't bet on flying being available there.

I would expect it to be unflyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any zone you want to play in, will not have flying going forward. They've removed flying and only enable it to appease people like me. However I am not appeased. I hate the decision they've made.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as it's prob not going to be that big of a zone, I imagine it would be like Molten Front, Timeless Isle, and Isle of Thunder (i.e. no flying).

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Argus will most likely not have flying, just like isle of thunder and timeless isle.
    And this is the most logical guess at this point.

Everything else is meh.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Any zone you want to play in, will not have flying going forward. They've removed flying and only enable it to appease people like me. However I am not appeased. I hate the decision they've made.
    I think you are probably right... and I am not too fond of the decision either.

I decided during WoD to sit out Legion until flight is actually in-game, then I figured I would re-sub and stay for the duration of the expansion. But if Argus is going to be no-fly, which seems pretty likely, then I am probably gone again as soon as that patch launches (and then I'll just wait to see what happens next expansion I guess).

I would really like to get back to WoW someday, but this flight issue is just a deal-breaker for me. Fortunately another game has filled the void for me, so I can still get my gaming fix, but I would like to occasionally return to those characters in WoW that I spent eight years on. That won't happen without flight though.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2017-01-07 at 06:57 PM.

I highly doubt that blizzard will let us go to a new planet, and allow us to use flying, most likely will be like Isle of Thunder, Besides we've been grounded since start of Legion, i'm sure it won't hurt too much to stay mounted in a new zone

Not only will it likely be unflyable, it'll also (likely) be a fragment of the planet floating in space. Maybe with a cool backdrop of the rest of the planet to taunt us! Would fit the Blizzcon image too.

As with northrend the weather conditions requiring training, it is possible in theory that the conditions on what is another planet could be implemented in such a way to explain why flying isn't possible.
    What the gameplay experience ends up as will determine in part what reception that gains from pro-flyers such as myself.

A large part of my argument has been that reduced relevance in content you have outlevelled isn't adding anything interesting or appropriate to gameplay when it simply becomes a timesink.
    If you are expected to go through that content still, then it should be for content that is relevant to your level at the very least.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-01-07 at 07:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.