Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    "Honey, let's go! The bombers are flying over our house."
    -"Just one second, I need to pronounce "Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz" correctly."
    There are bombers right outside of Germany? What era are you living in?

Oh right, "there are bombers flying over our house, our only safe option is to run thousands of kilometers to a completely different continent"
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2017-01-07 at 10:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Were not mad silly. We are winning. We are taking our world back. And I think you elitists will be shocked at just how many of us there are. We are the common man. We are everything and this world belongs to us.
    Nope. You're not "the common man".

So immigrants should learn the German language IN Germany BEFORE they move to Germany?
    When did I say that? Your booze tolerance must be pretty low...

Deleted
    Adorable. But wrong. Here in New York everyone feels like this. The populist movement is happening and in America the youth are adapting this sentiment to. Were gonna take our world back. You dont have to understand it. You just have to sit back and watch now.
    How is new york even relevant to europe?

Deleted
    Im "the common man" where I live. Obviously silly. Of course im not "a common man" in Europe. I dont live there, and my response was to that of you saying im not "the common man". Following now?
    But you are Not the common man. You don't even live here. You know fuck all about what's going on in europe.

Deleted
    We are? How so. Reports from all over the world speak of the massive rise in populist movements. No no friend. We are growing. We are taking it back from you elites. Brexit happened. Trump happened. Stick your head in the sand all you want. Clutch your elite privileges. Were coming for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Awww so cute. ::head pats:: I know this must be very tough for you. Have a good day hun.
    You mean those populist movements that quickly grow and then decline just as quick as they rose due to people getting to see just how incompetent they are? Thosep opulist movements? Yeah, I'm not worried.

The talk was about whether immigrants should learn the language before they immigrate.
    Cool, and I replied to that and you made up some nonsense about people being bombed so they move to some German-like country (implying they didn't have time to learn because they're under direct physical assault). Are you gonna back that up or just let your failure sit there? I mean maybe the sob story you pulled out of your ass could be applied to Ukraine at best...

Deleted
    Just wait baby :* this world is changing now. Just watch.
    No, it's not going to change. Unlike USA, lots of european countries have several parties, many of which work together in a coalition and won't let populists into power.

Then you didnt understand it. Your post makes no sense as I agree with what you were saying silly you got confused.
    *head pat*

Anon56: In europe if you ask for cocaine near a train station you have 90% of having some in 15 minutes, 90% black women are hookers.
    Anni: There's no truth to any of this
    TheOne01: Condescending response about "your type doesn't get it" "you've lost touch with the common man" "what people think is real is what's real"
    Me: The world isn't about people going by what they see, it's about looking outside yourself.

I agreed with Anni. So no, you didn't agree with me. Hun.

Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    No, it's not going to change. Unlike USA, lots of european countries have several parties, many of which work together in a coalition and won't let populists into power.
    Brexit, USA, France is next, after that maybe comes Germany and Canada.

People are rejecting radicalism.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Brexit, USA, France is next, after that maybe comes Germany and Canada.

People are rejecting radicalism.
    Populists have invariably fallen out of favor as soon as people get to see just how incompetent they are, if they can even get into power.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

And this is coming from someone who speaks Lebanese
    There is no such thing as lebanese language... come on now.

Lebanese people speak arabic. period. a common second language is french, but the main official country wide Lebanese language is arabic.

thanks.

Deleted
    Its happening. Literally before your eyes.
    That they fall out of favor for being incompetent, yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    There is no such thing as lebanese language... come on now.

Lebanese people speak arabic. period. a common second language is french, but the main official country wide Lebanese language is arabic.

thanks.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebanese_Arabic

Lebanese is a variety of Levantine Arabic, indigenous to and spoken primarily in Lebanon, with significant linguistic influences borrowed from other Middle Eastern and European languages, and is in some ways unique from other varieties of Arabic.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Their rise to power. Its literally happening. You can bury your head in the sand but you cant escape the truth.
    There is no rise to power for populists in my country at least. They'll continue to be a minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    Populists have invariably fallen out of favor as soon as people get to see just how incompetent they are, if they can even get into power.
    That very statement is an extension of one of the reason as to why the elite's radicalism is being rejected.

Labeling a "populist" leader as incompetent is a reflection of the same labeling of ordinary people that the populist represent as being incompetent, uneducated, etc.

These elitists have convinced you they are superior to everyone else and they lease you the "rights" to assume that you too are superior if you vote for them.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    That very statement is an extension of one of the reason as to why the elite's radicalism is being rejected.

Labeling a "populist" leader as incompetent is a reflection of the same labeling of ordinary people that the populist represent as being incompetent, uneducated, etc.

These elitists have convinced you they are superior to everyone else and they lease you the "rights" to assume that you too are superior if you vote for them.
    They haven't convinced me of anything. I support a fringe party that's got like 0.02% votes but that doesn't make me blind to the political realities. Reality is that the populists has got maybe 10% of the people on their side vs 90% of the other established parties here.

Deleted
    When they say they "demand assimilation", they actually mean that you need to assimilate. Convert to their religion or die.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    They could be discussing how they want to rob you, or assault you, or defraud you in some way. Additionally they could just be making rude comments about your appearance in which case they deserve a punch in the nose
    Probably the only time this would ever be the case is if you ever hear one person saying to another person "Quien es ese gringo extrano con guantes de latex y gafas de proteccion que nos espionan?"
    Last edited by Slybak; 2017-01-07 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    Probably the only time this would ever be the case is if you ever hear one person saying to another person "¿Quién es ese gringo extraño con guantes de látex y gafas de protección que nos espionan?"
    que intentan espiarnos? Intentan is the 3rd person plural form of intentar, so it refers to a plural subject; in this case, las gafas. So you're saying "with glasses that are spying on us."

Guessing that's not what you wanted to say

Edit: And you edited it, but your translator is still referring to the wrong subject. "Que nos espionan" is again referring to the (plural) glasses spying on "us."

Quote Originally Posted by drakensoul View Post
    que intentan espiarnos? Intentan is the 3rd person plural form of intentar, so it refers to a plural subject; in this case, las gafas. So you're saying "with glasses that are spying on us."

guessing that's not what you wanted to say

edit: And you edited it, but your translator is still referring to the wrong subject. "que nos espionan" is again referring to the (plural) glasses spying on "us."
    It means "Romans Go Home!"

20 years since high school Spanish will do that.