[RESTO] 7.1.5 class changes - DISCUSSION

Dear Resto Druid
    As far as I know, there arent a lot of changes to the resto dru spec (PVE). What I read so far is that:

1. Mastery: Harmony Your healing is increased by 5% for each of your Restoration heal over time effects on the target. (Up to 3 is now without limit)

2. Moment of Clarity Omen of Clarity now affects the next 3 Regrowths and increases their healing by 15%.

3. Power of the Archdruid, its range is increased from 15 to 20 yards.

(source: http://www.wowhead.com/7-1-5-class-changes#druid )

Question:
    1. How does mastery now affect our HOTs? It says it was limited up to 3 on the target, even though that wasnt true. Now it is without limit. I dont understad the change!?
    2. So our MoC gives us a 15% increase heal to our RG, as far as I understand.

Over all we are getting a slight buff I gues. Not too bad...

Have you found anything else that could be usesful?
    Last edited by Wild; 2017-01-08 at 08:56 AM.

Deleted
    Apparently the mastery thing is just a tooltip fix. it's the same as far as I know

1. Just a tooltip fix.
    2. Changes nothing as Moment of Clarity is still useless. Mana shouldn't be that much of a problem, and the healing buff is too random to be useful.
    3. Makes little difference.

Some other changes that might matter more:
    4. Guardian Affinity nerfed from 10% to 6%.
    5. Renewal cooldown reduced from 2 min to 90 seconds.
    6. Displacer Beast sprint duration reduced from 4 to 2 seconds (seems to be instead of the previously announced cooldown increase).
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Your number 4 is just a tooltip fix as well. Was like this for a while as a guardian nerf.

Deleted
    Aside Displacer beast (at least it's not a 40sec CD) , we are getting buffed, plus there's a new legendary trinket in the pool and the 4P set bonus is REALLY nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Your number 4 is just a tooltip fix as well. Was like this for a while as a guardian nerf.
    Not even a tool tip fix, it literally has said 6% since it was changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as i can tell even for a mid expansion patch not much has changed. This is actually an incredible good thing! Only confirms that picking resto druid was the smartest decision. Now over to the mage forums....

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally only relevant change is the range increase from out golden trait talent from 15 to 20, now you can use it on ranges without been afraid of wasting the procs, before this change you kinda always wanna use it on a melee just to be sure to not waste the procs, even if you know the procs will probably overheal, was still worth it. It pretty much reduce the min/max you can do with the procs, now you just use reju/regr on the target you want without thinking on where the target is.

About the 4p. I was doing some math and assuming it's 1.5% proc change from every single tick and that it will always go to a target without any active reju it will be a flat 6.2% healing increase in average (I count my last full Mythic EN farm without a carry). So... It's not that sick considering you have to use at least 1 piece with horrible stats and 1 with sub optimal stats.

And of course you can have the chance of the proc can hit a target with a reju already active what will reduce the effect to between 4.1 to 4.7% healing (depending if you have the legendary ring or not) which is not that much, probably not even worth it if you can have items with better itemization to compensate.

This is counting the potential of the hots getting buffed by Flourish (not counting the potential extend of the legendary bracers).

2p looks pretty solid considering is a flat short durating buff and you can use pants+shoulders that have good itemization

What about the changes to stats? From what I'm seeing in early sims, crit now seems to out value haste 1 for 1 when it comes to throughput.