Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    Illegal by whose standards again? yeah..
    By... most countries standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Engerlaaand!
    It wasn't our fault, the sides hated each other, we just managed to get them to direct their anger towards us rather one another for a brief time. See Cyprus, much of Africa and the mother of all 'this place will go to shit when we leave' regions, India/Pakistan, for more examples of this.

The UN, in their infinite wisdom and pushed by American idealism, thought that a two-in-one state Israel/Palestine was a workable solution and drew up lines accordingly, whereas we had been there for two decades and knew that was utter bollocks.

There is a reason we didn't stick around to sort out any of those aforementioned places before we left and that is because we knew they wouldn't work. They'd been at each others throats for centuries and needed to have someone else to direct their ire at, or they'd be back to kicking the shit out of each other.

Imagine a game of rugby between bitter rivals; we were the referee enforcing our rules, the players kick and punch each other when we are there, but they still do as they are told for the most part. Take us out of the picture and all hell breaks loose.

Everyone knows that Israel was founded by terrorists too. Likud was created from Irgun. Does Irgun ring a bell? It should, it was them who bombed the King David Hotel.

Terrorists like any other. The two sides deserve each other in my opinion. One extremist against the other.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    By... most countries standards.
    Except which other country is continually attacked for merely existing? Which other countries really are threatened by their neighbors for merely being where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Except which other country is continually attacked for merely existing? Which other countries really are threatened by their neighbors for merely being where they are.
    Pretty much all of them at some point or another. No matter where you happen to live, chances are it's land that somebody else considers to be theirs, and so you are little more than an interloper who needs to be pushed out by any means necessary. This quite literally spans the entirety of human history, the Jews are hardly the only people who have been threatened with extermination, though at this time they seem to be confused as to who was responsible for that particular event.

This is the thing, I can understand why the Arabs hate Israel, they have been fighting since the dawn of civilization. But what I don't understand is why Israel gets hate from the rest of the world. They are victims as much as anyone, they are a shining light of democracy in a Theocratic region, they are builders surrounded by destroyers. Yet most people like in this forum, especially on the left, despise Israel and are quick to denounce them.

I can see no other logical reason other than anti-Semitism. Nothing else makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    This is the thing, I can understand why the Arabs hate Israel, they have been fighting since the dawn of civilization. But what I don't understand is why Israel gets hate from the rest of the world. They are victims as much as anyone, they are a shining light of democracy in a Theocratic region, they are builders surrounded by destroyers. Yet most people like in this forum, especially on the left, despise Israel and are quick to denounce them.

I can see no other logical reason other than anti-Semitism. Nothing else makes sense.
    Because in the eyes of the rest of the world, Israel was created as compensation for the Holocaust, not to mention the hundreds of years of oppression that preceded that. In effect, Europeans were trying to make up for their past crimes by forcing Arabs to give up land, while they themselves conceded nothing. On top of that, this also created yet another unwelcome outpost of Western culture in a region that by then had had enough of European imperialism, made worse by the fact that the post-war era was supposed to be all about decolonization and the retreat of white domination in the third world.

So really, when it all comes down to it, this doesn't really have much to do with Jews or Zionism at all, and is more just a product of the lingering bitterness left by colonialism. To most people, the Jews are just the unwitting pawns of the white man, a proxy for their imperial ambitions and a convenient scapegoat when things go sour.

A lot of countries are.
    No ones complaing when Israel is defending themselves.

Taking land that does not belong to them is another matter though.
    It does not justify terror attacks however.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Sounds like a cue for :

Been wondering if I should post that here. Thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Because in the eyes of the rest of the world, Israel was created as compensation for the Holocaust, not to mention the hundreds of years of oppression that preceded that. In effect, Europeans were trying to make up for their past crimes by forcing Arabs to give up land, while they themselves conceded nothing. On top of that, this also created yet another unwelcome outpost of Western culture in a region that by then had had enough of European imperialism, made worse by the fact that the post-war era was supposed to be all about decolonization and the retreat of white domination in the third world.

So really, when it all comes down to it, this doesn't really have much to do with Jews or Zionism at all, and is more just a product of the lingering bitterness left by colonialism. To most people, the Jews are just the unwitting pawns of the white man, a proxy for their imperial ambitions and a convenient scapegoat when things go sour.
    You have explained why the Arabs continue to hate Israel, that I can understand. But why everyone else? This just can't be more white man hate. And why is it predominately from the left?

Whenever Israel attacks a missile launch site that Hamas has used from a kids school, the left are marching in the streets calling Israel murderers. Yet when Hamas bombs a civilian bus killing dozens on Israelis, there is not a march to be found. Why? Why the double standard? Look through these forums alone, you see plenty of leftist posters savage Israel and yet say nothing when Israelis are murdered, or worse, say they deserve it. The hypocrisy is sickening, and there is only one reason for it.

Deleted
    You have explained why the Arabs continue to hate Israel, that I can understand. But why everyone else? This just can't be more white man hate. And why is it predominately from the left?
    Because marixst ideologies have the inherit anti-semitic aspect because Karl Marx himself hated the jews. So it's not "shocking" that neo-marxist in it's SJW liberal way follows the same trend. Israel is the only democracy in the region and because it's a democracy it allows people to oppose it. Try doing that in any neighbour islamic country and you end up dead.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Because marixst ideologies have the inherit anti-semitic aspect because Karl Marx himself hated the jews. So it's not "shocking" that neo-marxist in it's SJW liberal way follows the same trend. Israel is the only democracy in the region and because it's a democracy it allows people to oppose it. Try doing that in any neighbour islamic country and you end up dead.
    I think I understand and I find myself agreeing with you.

So it's like how the left attacks catholic institutions but says nothing derogatory about Islam because the Pope is not likely to order them to be beheaded. It's funny how the left's moral rectitude limits them to only safe targets that don't fight back. Watch out Buddhists, the left will be coming for you next!

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think I understand and I find myself agreeing with you.

So it's like how the left attacks catholic institutions but says nothing derogatory about Islam because the Pope is not likely to order them to be beheaded. It's funny how the left's moral rectitude limits them to only safe targets that don't fight back. Watch out Buddhists, the left will be coming for you next!
    I think it also has to do with the fact that the left always sides with the underdog, regardless of who's actually right and who's wrong. As the Jews were traditionally above average in wealth/status, and Israel is currently ahead of all its neighbors in pretty much every aspect, that hate of the left to Jews/Israel is fairly understandable. As the Jews were very clearly the victim of the Holocaust we have briefly gained the sympathy of the left, but as Israel has started winning wars and prospering, that sympathy has quickly disappeared. That's also why the invention of the "Palestinian nation" was such a brilliant move, as it has created a perfect underdog and made the entire left world hate Israel - the idea of the tiny Israel bullying the entire Arab nation was much harder to sell.
    Last edited by Fandis; 2017-01-09 at 12:28 PM.

Yeah don't let your ignorance of history get in the way of a good anti-Semitic rant
    Sorry but the jews exhausted all their feel bad for them credits after world war two. After they militarized and started invading another country illegally you can't blame the world for telling them to fuck off. The jews are the picture boy for give someone an inch and they take a mile.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Sorry but the jews exhausted all their feel bad for them credits after world war two. After they militarized and started invading another country illegally you can't blame the world for telling them to fuck off. The jews are the picture boy for give someone an inch and they take a mile.
    Thank you so much for illustrating my point: typical leftist mentality - it doesn't matter who has started those wars or any other minor details like that, the winners are by definition the bad guys. Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    The UK are terrorist?
    Israel was created by the UN when the British gave up palistine to them. The UN then gave Israel to the Jewish terrorists who had been attacking the British and Palestinians since before world war 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    This is an extremely boring argument that serves only to needlessly complicate a pretty straightforward point.
    No its not. People say give the land back to whoever. But generally there is someone before those people that were there before. aka The Arabs took the land from someone before they took it from someone else. So the Palestinians or Isrealis can't claim we were always there first. As there was someone there before them.

Just because it rebukes your argument doesn't mean you can't go stick your head in the sand and ignore the history of the region.

Quote Originally Posted by Fandis View Post
    Thank you so much for illustrating my point: typical leftist mentality - it doesn't matter who has started those wars or any other minor details like that, the winners are by definition the bad guys. Bravo.
    Invaders playing the victim. It's funny.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Warrior View Post
    Israel was created by terrorists, now its suffering from terrorism. That's Irony.
    The hypocrisy is extremely strong. Forming a state by using terrorism, then complaining when similar tactics are used against that state.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    My apologies. You obviously weren't trying to over complicate the point. You just don't understand it at all.
    I would say that you don't. Or choose to end history were it seems convent.