Deleted

Nvidia Experience and Optimize tool

I recently updated my Nvidia 980 GTX drivers, and discovered that "Nvidia Experience" was installed too. Well, i gave it a go, and was really happy with what the Optimize tool did with games like Overwatch, but..
    WoW is another case.

Anyway, i wondered if you, as gamers, trust changes done by Nvidia Experience (since the last build) ?

P.S: Sorry for bad english

Deleted
    Nvidia experience actually basis its settings on what most people use via data collection, overwatch is a very easy to run game no matter what settings you use.

However, I don't trust the tool because as mentioned above, most people don't actually know what half the settings actually do, as a result they crank everything to 11 and wondering why they have 35 FPS and assume something is wrong with their hardware.

I don't trust most gamers in their knowledge of computer parts and ingame settings, a lot of people on these forums don't even know what render scale is and yet they crank that really high, let me ask you this, what has Geforce experience put your render scale setting on?

Deleted
    Geforece experience put the render scale at 200%, and i was like "what ?". So... i put it right back to 100%, like i always do. I don't have a great build by nowadays standard and i don't want to put to much stress on my computer. (Process : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHz 3,80 GHz). Perhaps i understimate my config though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelastrasz View Post
    Geforece experience put the render scale at 200%, and i was like "what ?". So... i put it right back to 100%, like i always do. I don't have a great build by nowadays standard and i don't want to put to much stress on my computer. (Process : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHz 3,80 GHz). Perhaps i understimate my config though.
    Depending on your monitors resolution, rende rscale at 200% might not be bad with a 980. It's when people have like a 970 and are running 1440p and decide to crank render scale up and then wonder why FPS goes so low that bothers me.

Deleted
    I have a 24in monitor with a native resolution of 1,920x1,080 (response time : 2ms). Dunno if I can go up from 100% Render scale without causing much screen tearing.
    (Btw, i tend to prefer the use of Vsync. And windowed-mode.. but perhaps it's a mistake.)

PS : thanks for your answers !
    Last edited by mmoc8fc69bd0c6; 2017-01-08 at 06:09 PM.