Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Dont worry. Your next president will be the one you voted for.

Vladimir Putin.
    Thanks for your logical input.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Of course they blamed the democrats, on the same level as blaming a women for dressing to sexy and a skirt that made it too easy to rape her.
    No, it's on the level of blaming someone for using the word "password" as their password and falling for a bog-standard phishing scam while handling highly importing political data, because that's precisely what they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I'm looking at the state our intervening in foreign elections has left other places and I'm playing the smallest violin I can find over some emails.
    So...because we do something wrong to someone else, it's ok that they do something wrong to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Quick question, did the Russians force Hillary Clinton and the DNC to undermine our American Democracy?

I see it as nothing more than whistleblowers releasing information vital to the American public about our officials and those who are running for President that they were rigging the system and corrupting the democratic process.

You want the American people to be mad at Russia though?
    I don't think you know what a whistleblower actually is.

Also, where's all the information on the Republicans and Trump? Surely such an altruistic whistleblower would want the information to get out, right?

That's the thing about information, choosing to only release some of it, is not fundamentally any different than releasing none of it. Both are meant to keep the public ignorant in order to push an agenda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3mperor View Post
    They have nothing better to do with their time because they don't have jobs.
    Says the person posting on an internet gaming forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    It's actually quite easy considering all the people who haven't seen the alleged evidence have to go on is their word, which is worth the square root of **** all in the post Iraq world.
    It's not just their word though, it's the word of literally everyone who's seen the evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    I would condemn them if I believe they did something wrong. They leaked emails that the American people wanted to read because of the carelessness of a candidate. Had they rigged our machines, sent thugs to our polling locations to intimidate, or something more intrusive and egregious, I would condemn them in a heartbeat.

Fact is, many can see what they did as the right thing. They acted as a whistleblower. The left loves Snowden for what he did yet they hate Putin for doing the same thing. As long as the truth is exposed, does it really matter where it came from?
    So then yes, you support a foreign power attempting to influence our election through illegal means. Good to know.

You can decry the content of the emails while also decrying a foreign power influencing our elections. Why people seem so hellbent on being one or the other is beyond me.

Oh wait...right. As long as your team wins who cares. I keep forgetting that's what US politics has come down to.

Trump is blaming the hack on Democrat "carelessness".
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2017-01-08 at 09:07 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quick question, did the Russians force Hillary Clinton and the DNC to undermine our American Democracy?

I see it as nothing more than whistleblowers releasing information vital to the American public about our officials and those who are running for President that they were rigging the system and corrupting the democratic process.

You want the American people to be mad at Russia though?
    Do you honestly think that Russia done it for the good of the American people? Be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    So...because we do something wrong to someone else, it's ok that they do something wrong to us.
    Yes. That's the justification for black on white violence and racism and whichever direction of the Israel/Palestine conflict people support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Yes. That's the justification for black on white violence and racism and whichever direction of the Israel/Palestine conflict people support.
    Oh good. So we can add violence, racism, and genocide to the list of things you support. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I don't think you know what a whistleblower actually is.

Also, where's all the information on the Republicans and Trump? Surely such an altruistic whistleblower would want the information to get out, right?

That's the thing about information, choosing to only release some of it, is not fundamentally any different than releasing none of it. Both are meant to keep the public ignorant in order to push an agenda.
    Maybe they didn't have any?

Maybe the Trump organization didn't have fucking idiots who couldn't even do fucking e-mail correctly.

John Podesta's e-mail was compromised from a fucking phishing scam. Literally the exact scam Blizzard warns it's users about. John Podesta's password was literally PASSWORD. How fucking incompetent can that shit show of an organization be and the complete lack of security in Hillary Clinton's campaign?

Lastly, here is the definition of a whistleblower, please read it very carefully

whis·tle-blow·er
    noun
    noun: whistleblower
    a person who informs on a person or organization engaged in an illicit activity.

So then yes, you support a foreign power attempting to influence our election through illegal means. Good to know.

You can decry the content of the emails while also decrying a foreign power influencing our elections. Why people seem so hellbent on being one or the other is beyond me.

Oh wait...right. As long as your team wins who cares. I keep forgetting that's what US politics has come down to.
    You are not very good at arguing or using logic. With your logic it would be immoral for any nation to aid North Koreans by showing them their country is brianwashing and lying to them. After all, that would be a foreign power influencing a sovereign nation.

Or what if Iraq was about to elect another Hussein? Would it be immoral for a foreign power to expose the candidate to the Iraqi people?

Maybe they didn't have any?

Maybe the Trump organization didn't have fucking idiots who couldn't even do fucking e-mail correctly.

John Podesta's e-mail was compromised from a fucking phishing scam. Literally the exact scam Blizzard warns it's users about. John Podesta's password was literally PASSWORD. How fucking incompetent can that shit show of an organization be and the complete lack of security in Hillary Clinton's campaign?

Lastly, here is the definition of a whistleblower, please read it very carefully

whis·tle-blow·er
    noun
    noun: whistleblower
    a person who informs on a person or organization engaged in an illicit activity.
    Were the actions actually illegal? More importantly, was everything released related to illegal activity? Not even close. That's why guys like Snowden and Manning are not whistleblowers.

You are blaming the victims for the hack, and not those who did the actual hacking. How is that any different than yelling at a woman who got raped while drunk?

It was stated WHY they hacked, and it wasn't to properly inform people or to reveal illicit activities, it was to sway an election. You are lying when you try and say they had altruistic intent.

Mind you, I'm not a Democrat, and I cannot stand most Democrats. However, I'm not going to be willfully ignorant, just because I don't like someone.

Oh good. So we can add violence, racism, and genocide to the list of things you support. Good to know.
    Well, aren't you cheeky.

Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    You are not very good at arguing or using logic. With your logic it would be immoral for any nation to aid North Koreans by showing them their country is brianwashing and lying to them. After all, that would be a foreign power influencing a sovereign nation.

Or what if Iraq was about to elect another Hussein? Would it be immoral for a foreign power to expose the candidate to the Iraqi people?
    The only issue is that they did not also choose to reveal the corruption from the other side. We've already seen that there's plenty. The intent was not to protect Americans, it was to sway an election in an outcome that was more favorable to Russia.

Of course, we should hope for full transparency, so we should demand Trumps financial records, his taxes, his personal dealings with all of his contacts, all GOP actions in regards to the election, past history of Trump's possible indiscretions towards women, and any possible tapes of Trump being a racist asshat. Let the information flow.

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Hard to not buy the word of the intelligence community when basically everyone who has seen the actual evidence agrees it was the Russians.
    I know. Just like how we accepted that Iraq had WMD's and when James Clapper said the NSA wasn't spying on Americans. Glad we can turn around and accept their information when you think the balls in your court. : place jerk off emoji here:

All Russia did was expose the DNC and what Hillary did. I guess if that's what you call an election hack then so be it. I just look at it as the Democrats being transparent for once. They just needed help.

Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    No, it's on the level of blaming someone for using the word "password" as their password and falling for a bog-standard phishing scam while handling highly importing political data, because that's precisely what they did.
    All you did is support the previous poster as: Victim Blaming.

You are still saying its not the fault of the hackers but he fault of weak passwords and phishing.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    I wonder how the Trumpkins will take this huge betrayal to daddy-lord-god-emperor-to-the-extreme-special-important-person Putin.

Ah wait, let me guess - they are:
    A) still in denial
    B) calling Trump a genius for figuring out it was Russians
    C) still bringing up the old tired "but what about Hillary's Benghazi emails?????"
    Uh, the e-mails that wikileaks released, the ones showing rampant corruption and the undermining of our political process weren't about Benghazi.

You might want to read up and get up to speed with people are talking about instead of coming off so horrifically uniformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Making your password "password" is the equivalent to walking outside naked with a sign on your back that says "Please rape me"

And in that case yes we would blame the victim, because the victim is a moron.

Victims aren't perfect angels, they can be morons just like the rest of us.
    Watch this:

Yes Mom and Dad. It was your child's fault for going to the movies at night and being hit by the drunk driver.

I can play this game with your reason you gave above for anything.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!