nostalgia.

5 years of prior development.

it was a full game, not an expansion.

it was also not far off the dawn of the internet, people were still nice to each other and not complete asshats.
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    Your opinion of what would be more profitable is backed by very little and poor analysis. Because you are not there, you don't have numbers, you don't know their plans. There is only simple logic for us - if there was enough of demand=was profitable, they would have done it. Move on.
    Just because I didn't do it, it doesn't mean it wouldn't be profitable.

I just can't do it because I have no knowledge about it, and I think if I did have knowledge I'm still too lazy to put in that effort.

I don't think Blizzard are that different. While they are a company, they are a company of humans. They might just be lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Prove. It.
    You got it backwards. You have to prove that it would be beneficial to blizzard to make vanilla servers. They choose to allocate their resources to what millions want and play, not thousands. There is no conspiracy, Blizzard is doin what brings money and what masses want. Tough luck that it's not what you want.
    Servers need maintenance, support team etc. Those people are better put on legion then going back and messing with the old code for what... handful of you? Give me a break and get serious

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Just because I didn't do it, it doesn't mean it wouldn't be profitable.

I just can't do it because I have no knowledge about it, and I think if I did have knowledge I'm still too lazy to put in that effort.

I don't think Blizzard are that different. While they are a company, they are a company of humans. They might just be lazy.
    There is no conspiracy, there is no big secret. You are part of a very small portion of players who want vanilla back. It is not happening. You talking about it will not make a million people suddenly quit legion to play with you on vanilla. We are after Sargeras, join us or enjoy privates

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It does not work that way.

There are many ways to (try to) make profit, you choose between them.

The "since they don't do it, it's not profitable" logic in your text is false.
    So time, team and money is better spent on vanilla for couple of 10k ppl, rather then investing into what millions play? Talk about logic

So time, team and money is better spent on vanilla for couple of 10k ppl, rather then investing into what millions play? Talk about logic
    I am not saying that, I am saying that this phrase of yours - "if there was enough of demand=was profitable, they would have done it" - is wrong. The logic does not work that way. It might easily be profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    They don't have to mess with the old code. Release it just the way it was, that's what we want after all.
    Why would they spend time to what you and handful of others want? That time is better spent on a much larger playerbase they have. Seriously, have you worked a day in your life? Do you know anything about managing time, people, resources? Grow up dude

- - - Updated - - -

I am not saying that, I am saying that this phrase of yours - "if there was enough of demand=was profitable, they would have done it" - is wrong. The logic does not work that way. It might easily be profitable.
    It would bring money, but not as much as if they go all out on legion. So basically, they would be losing money if they went to maintaining vanilla. It's simple math, I really don't understand the confusion. Maybe you just don't want to see things as they are.

It would bring money, but not as much as if they go all out on legion. So basically, they would be losing money if they went to maintaining vanilla. It's simple math, I really don't understand the confusion. Maybe you just don't want to see things as they are.
    I agree that it makes more sense to push Legion than to redo vanilla. Take your last sentence off.

You have no math worth talking about. No, it is incorrect to say that they would be losing money if they were to make vanilla (instead of pushing Legion), there are better terms for this (opportunity costs). Take your sentences two and three off as well.

You have an awfully hard time admitting that you were wrong with your invalid logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    About 3000 of them, how about you kid?
    I'm a guy who gets personal Christmas cards from very large international companies. Mailed to my company, addressed to me. Because I know a thing or two about business But let's not measure who has bigger, that question was meant to make you think about it from company's side and figure out the painful truth. I forgot about how defensive people get when slapped verbaly for a reality check. Sorry if I offended you mate, but you do need more objectivity in life.

You got it backwards. You have to prove that it would be beneficial to blizzard to make vanilla servers. They choose to allocate their resources to what millions want and play, not thousands. There is no conspiracy, Blizzard is doin what brings money and what masses want. Tough luck that it's not what you want.
    Servers need maintenance, support team etc. Those people are better put on legion then going back and messing with the old code for what... handful of you? Give me a break and get serious
    I'm not the one stating something. You're stating they wouldn't be profitable. Prove it. Bliz not doing it is not proof.

I'm a guy who gets personal Christmas cards from very large international companies. Mailed to my company, addressed to me. Because I know a thing or two about business But let's not measure who has bigger, that question was meant to make you think about it from company's side and figure out the painful truth. I forgot about how defensive people get when slapped verbaly for a reality check. Sorry if I offended you mate, but you do need more objectivity in life.
    Sorry to say but you do not sound like a you know a thing or two about businesses, or you're so invested in your idea that it clouds your reasoning.

1 server alone across all realms has 20k average playing, there are tons more spread, and there are also many that don't play and are wayting for some projects to be opened or for blizzard to release official realms because of trust issues (time investmente in chars and all that).

It's a niche market that they are wasting, probably small, but profitable enough to mantain such servers and give them a nice income increase while making a fringe of the fanbase happy.

I'll say it again, they don't do it because they just don't want to. The reason behind this? I don't know, but i speculate it must be because they have the clear notion that it would drain a % from the current version thus hurting it, and it's obious that having to chose, the correct choice is to protect the current version since it's the one they have invested more recently.

I agree that it makes more sense to push Legion than to redo vanilla. Take your last sentence off.

You have no math worth talking about. No, it is incorrect to say that they would be losing money if they were to make vanilla (instead of pushing Legion), there are better terms for this (opportunity costs). Take your sentences two and three off as well.

You have an awfully hard time admitting that you were wrong with your invalid logic.
    Dude, it is very tiring explaining so simple stuff, but I'll go again: if you choose a less profit option over a bigger profit one, you are losing money. Simple. Vanilla is not something new with potential, it's an old product, admittedly enjoyed by few ppl, but it's still only a few ppl.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not the one stating something. You're stating they wouldn't be profitable. Prove it. Bliz not doing it is not proof.
    How much more proof do you need?
    Couple of 10k ppl.
    Couple of million of ppl.

That's all the proof one reasonable person needs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Sorry to say but you do not sound like a you know a thing or two about businesses, or you're so invested in your idea that it clouds your reasoning.

1 server alone across all realms has 20k average playing, there are tons more spread, and there are also many that don't play and are wayting for some projects to be opened or for blizzard to release official realms because of trust issues (time investmente in chars and all that).

It's a niche market that they are wasting, probably small, but profitable enough to mantain such servers and give them a nice income increase while making a fringe of the fanbase happy.

I'll say it again, they don't do it because they just don't want to. The reason behind this? I don't know, but i speculate it must be because they have the clear notion that it would drain a % from the current version thus hurting it, and it's obious that having to chose, the correct choice is to protect the current version since it's the one they have invested more recently.
    How I sound to you is not top of my priorities. I'm explaining things to a kindergarden here.

Blizzard has been a successful company for so many years now. They don't use feelings, but rather hard data. They don't have secret agendas, they put everything on the table and choose logically. Experts in their field choose it. They are not choosing to bother with so small portion of players. They are moving forward, millions are following.

Blizzard has been a successful company for so many years now. They don't use feelings, but rather hard data. They don't have secret agendas, they put everything on the table and choose logically. Experts in their field choose it. They are not choosing to bother with so small portion of players. They are moving forward, millions are following.
    Ok, so you're basicly saying nothing at all, roger.

How much more proof do you need?
    Couple of 10k ppl.
    Couple of million of ppl.

That's all the proof one reasonable person needs.
    First of all, neither of those numbers were facts.
    Second, that's all the proof YOU need to make assumptions.

Dude, it is very tiring explaining so simple stuff, but I'll go again: if you choose a less profit option over a bigger profit one, you are losing money. Simple. Vanilla is not something new with potential, it's an old product, admittedly enjoyed by few ppl, but it's still only a few ppl.
    You are assuming that the only options available are to invest in Classic servers or Legion this is not the case. Blizzard have the available resources to not only invest in both but to significantly increase the current spending on WoW's development if they wished to do so.

Then everyone everywhere is losing money because they should work on interplanetary engines and next-gen energy cells, because they cost a lot.

Your initial sentence was wrong, but you have a hard time saying "yes, that was wrong" or even "yes, that turned out wrong, I should have said bla bla bla", that's all.

It would also cost them a lot, they can't simply flip a switch and have a vanilla server.
    If there was massive profit, I think they would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Ok, so you're basicly saying nothing at all, roger.
    I'm saying that you're having an illusion of knowing that it's worth it when the company which is very sucsessful at what it does clearly thinks otherwise. You all are trying to warp reality to fit your needs. That's not how you go through life.

I don't think you know that the cards companies sends out are not personal. Everyone gets one.

You neither sound like a person someone would enjoy sending a Christmas card too.

And your "facts" gets broken down over and over again it becomes quite tiring, you neither sound like you actually have an idea how profit works or how companies deal with a thought process.

Better luck next time, troll.

First of all, neither of those numbers were facts.
    Second, that's all the proof YOU need to make assumptions.
    What proof do you have to offer? If you're coming off with the idea that much older product is superior then current, and want an official server for it, you need to prove that it's worth anything to anyone outside you and a handful of your friends.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You are assuming that the only options available are to invest in Classic servers or Legion this is not the case. Blizzard have the available resources to not only invest in both but to significantly increase the current spending on WoW's development if they wished to do so.
    It is very simple, do we put these people to maintain an old game with very limited playerbase, or do we put them to contribute to the current game with vastly superior playerbase? How on earth do you choose the first one?

I'm saying that you're having an illusion of knowing that it's worth it when the company which is very sucsessful at what it does clearly thinks otherwise. You all are trying to warp reality to fit your needs. That's not how you go through life.
    How much do i owe you for the psycho analysis?

Then everyone everywhere is losing money because they should work on interplanetary engines and next-gen energy cells, because they cost a lot.

Your initial sentence was wrong, but you have a hard time saying "yes, that was wrong" or even "yes, that turned out wrong, I should have said bla bla bla", that's all.
    No, even your comparison is wrong. We're talking about an old version of the game vs the current one, both developed by the same company. Energy cells are out of your intellectual capabilities, but maintaining vanilla or legion is not out of blizzards intellectual capabilities. So it only comes down to what does majority want.