Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

I missed TBC class simplicity

Have anyone else?
    Remember when your rotation was 4 maybe 5 spells at max?
    I feel boss fights were a tad easier as well, now both aspects got harder.
    I always figured we'd get harder and harder boss fights and not so much rotation complexity.
    Not sure if it's just me growing out of those piano mash games, or having 12 skills rotation is just annoying in general.
    Granted I'm no serious raider, nor PvP beast, just your average Joe enjoying WoW from time to time.

maybe at first but it got boring real quickly.
    Edit Signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    I totally remember that. Man those really were the days!
    Going to practice my frost DK now, darn rotations so long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

ehrm, wait, what ... ???

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    I totally remember that. Man those really were the days!
    Going to practice my frost DK now, darn rotations so long.
    Yeah, it took me forever just to get to level 50 on my DK back in TBC.

These threads of course.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Wha...? Isn't everyone moaning about how classes got pruned and are too simple and easy now? :O
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    But I swear my Destro Warlock from SWP with just Shadowbolt spam would totally get upvoted and loved here today. It would be called a masterpiece of class design. Especially since I could also top meters with it.
    As long as you don't mention the effects of nostalgia, you'll be fine. For some reason people seem to hate being told they're nostalgic after describing it word-for-word.

I remember people making fun of Kitty rotations for Cata launch:

Now I think most classes are like this

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I remember people making fun of Kitty rotations for Cata launch:

Now I think most classes are like this
    John fucking Madden!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I miss WotLK Retribution paladin, insanely powerful AoE/Cleave, immense amount of tools to fuck someone's life up in PvP and ability to solo shit easily.

Sure it can be said that Ret in Wrath was literally smash your head on keyboard or spam the infamous "/castrandom" macro, but it was still a great spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Sure it can be said that Ret in Wrath was literally smash your head on keyboard or spam the infamous "/castrandom" macro, but it was still a great spec.
    To date, WotLK Retribution was the easiest spec in this game I ever played. I enjoyed WotLK content but I certainly don't remember that spec fondly. To each their own, though, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Wha...? Isn't everyone moaning about how classes got pruned and are too simple and easy now? :O
    yeah and those same people the ones struggling to clear heroic mode every week. "haha oh wow this game so easy everything is easy hey look at my item levelllllll" proceed to tunnel every boss with their eyes stuck on the meters.

the reality is nearly every class has more active rotations than ever before.

The pre sunwell ele shaman single target rotation of lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt and repeat was really intense. I don't know how anyone survived back then with rotations like that.

Lightning bolt.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    The pre sunwell ele shaman single target rotation of lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt and repeat was really intense. I don't know how anyone survived back then with rotations like that.

Lightning bolt.
    L-l-l-lightning bolt!

Well, you must love Legion then, because we're movin' back that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    The pre sunwell ele shaman single target rotation of lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt and repeat was really intense. I don't know how anyone survived back then with rotations like that..
    Chain Lightning was a DPS increase if you had the mana to sustain it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    Well, you must love Legion then, because we're movin' back that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Chain Lightning was a DPS increase if you had the mana to sustain it.
    Once they changed how pots worked mid to late tbc (i think) never had the mana to sustain it on long boss fights x(
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

I personally don't mind more complicated bosses but less complicated characters (I'm pretty sure there's a very specific reason our raid leader plays BM hunter) but that only makes sense from a PvE perspective. I understand that PvP is kind of gutted right now.

Simplicity is great.

Spamming one button over and over is not.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.