Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I don't mind that she said it. It's just hilarious when actors and actresses who are paid millions cry about somehow being "victims" of anything.

Or these same people acting like their opinions matter more because they are famous and normal people are too stupid to realize their grand utopian vision (Which incidentally is completely detached from reality).

Why would I want to leave when conservatives control all forms of government right now? Next four years are going to be glorious. Maybe our country will return to being a thick skinned nation instead of a nation that caters to extreme snowflakes and minorities that make up an exceptionally low % of the population.
    Money doesn't solve all issues. If it did, we'd still have Robin Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Everyone in Hollywood has forgiven Mel Gibson who apologized, time to move on. 10characters

I'm sure he is not an Anti-Semite no more.

We never got an apology from Vince Vaughn for killing True Detective
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Deleted
    Next four years are going to be glorious. Maybe our country will return to being a thick skinned nation
    You mean as like russia skinned? With the US as the biggest puppet country Vladimir Putin ever had?

And by glorious you mean things like Trump discussing politics on twitter? And not with people who really know something about it? Or trump discrediting everyone who dares to criticize him? Or even asks people to stop to buy products from <insert country or company here> creating damage as high as possible for people who cant defend? With a government made out of billionaires and generals, which are completely opposite to Trumps anti-establishment campaign?

Yes. That surely will be "glorious". It will make history. For sure.

Let me know when trump removes democracy. I will be here to write "Didnt i see that coming? Next time listen, americans!".

This too. If you don't 100% believe in left-wing views you are an evil stupid racist / sexist / fascist bigot! I mean, do people really think throwing every emotionally charged label at people is going to convince them to vote for you?

Why can't they argue with facts instead of emotional garbage that is intended to manipulate low information voters.
    That's all they have is name calling. It's all they had before the election, and as it turns out, people don't like being called racist/sexist. What is surprising me is how some (like Streep) STILL don't get it. A lot of very intelligent liberals had the heart to admit that name calling is not the best tactic--some even had the courage to say, "Well, I don't like him, but I'll be supportive and truly hope he runs the country well." This mentality hasn't reached everybody, though. Absolute mud slinging negativity is what lost you the election, and you keep doing it. Baffles me.

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: Libs defending her and Alt-rights attacking her.

What does an independent who didn't vote for Trump nor Hillary like me think of it?

It's fine... This will be forgotten in a few days and people will find other stuff to attack/praise Trump on. This shit will never end so long as we have left and right wing people in America.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-01-09 at 08:12 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Why can't they argue with facts instead of emotional garbage that is intended to manipulate low information voters.

Yep.

They can continue to cry and scream and make themselves look like idiots. Let every day, less politically involved people in the US know what a bunch of children you are.
    That's no way to talk about Trump sure he may cry over it on twitter, oh I am sorry apparently your god king didn't get the message.

forgot to add last time
    the Hollywood elite aren't angry that he is attacking people, they are shitting on republicans and poor whites 24/7, they are angry that he is attacking their clique

I havn't heard/read her whole speech. I agreed with what I have read. But I think people get annoyed (not even specifically Trump advocates) .. with constant politics in everything. Imagine if you were playing WoW and every time you logged on your Guild was talking about politics. Some people might enjoy that, but I'd say most people don't. They'd likely move guilds.

And thats the same here. Sports and films, and music and such exist as entertainment, so like I said, I can see why some people would roll their eyes and get annoyed here.

Besides, I guarantee if one of the more conservative celebrities jumped up on stage and started talking about how great Trump is, or how terrible Obama is ... the same people here applauding Streep would likely be annoyed and upset at such an occurrence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Wasn't the Batman's games Joker voice that tweet recently?

Definitely gave me a good laugh.
    Mark Hamill, who voices the Joker in games and cartoons (as well as his lesser known role as Luke Skywalker ) did a voice over of this tweet as the Joker.
    Putin khuliyo

She should have stopped at 2:44.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Kinda sucks that the us exists in a black hole that has no contact with the outside world.
    It's not like we're a global superpower with influence in multiple multinational organizations, who has a major effect on world markets or anything . . .
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post

Let me know when trump removes democracy. I will be here to write "Didnt i see that coming? Next time listen, americans!".
    I am sure you heard the idea of Trump removing democracy from the same people who said Clinton was going to win in a historic landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So no one should have an opinion or stand up for something? Should that only be left to special political people alone?
    Meryl Streep has no opinion that anyone should care about. She is an actress. That doesn't make her smart, knowledgeable, or insightful. Her political opinion is worthless.

Hollywood is full of shallow self absorbed retards. They just overwhelmingly happen to be super liberal. One could say they have political diversity problem

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    Meryl Streep has no opinion that anyone should care about. She is an actress. That doesn't make her smart, knowledgeable, or insightful. Her political opinion is worthless.
    Being an actress also doesn't make her stupid, or ignorant. So yeah, YOUR opinion here is worthless.

Deleted
    Had she supported Trump, you'd be praising her and telling everyone how much her opinion counts. Also, sure, she isn't smart, knowledgeable or insightful just because she is an actress. She is smart, knowledgeable and insightful because she can see how much of a fraud Trump really is.

Deleted
    All this accomplishes is showing their own stupidity and damaging their career. I mean if they didn't express their political views like this, people would go see their movies because they want to see a good movie. Now tons of people are probably gonna boycott her(and other SJW actors).

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    You may think you did but you didn't. Donald said he didn't so he didn't. Unless you're trying to say that the God Emperor Trump is some kind of pathological liar who will continue to lie even when confronted with evidence that he did infact say these things. If you call out The Donald on his lies, that's your liberlul bias showing, don't be bias, it's mean to mein Trumpen Fuhrer and he'll have to get on Twitter to say that you're saying mean things about him and not being very nice!
    So he merely had a minor seizure when he was quoting the reporter?

7+ Year Old Account
    Isnt this the same as the event when actors gave Pence as speech?, and if so its fully in their rights and also with a similar effect of Trump throwing a hissy fit on Twitter.

Tell that to one Donald J. Trump who was ranting about it over twitter, apparently he cares a lot.