Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    I think actors, unless we're talking about the gentleman in my avatar should stick to acting.
    So you argue for a dictatorship where no one has a voice? Makes sense.

She is free to say what she wants up there, it's up to the people of this country and the world to give it any weight in their beliefs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Gee, I really can't think of an example of a tv personality using their celebrity status, recognition, and fame to contribute to the country's sectional divide and insult half its people, much less leveraging as such to maybe...I dunno...get elected to high office....
    You're being too generous at half -- The man has insulted the disabled, women, Mexicans, Muslims, and has all but proven that his voters are the most gullible people on the planet so we'll add the uneducated to that list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    You're being too generous at half -- The man has insulted the disabled, women, Mexicans, Muslims, and has all but proven that his voters are the most gullible people on the planet so we'll add the uneducated to that list.
    I was actually talking about Ronald Reagan but that works too. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people: "Don't police me! Screw this PC crap! Quit being so thin-skinned! Stop infringing on my right to free speech!"

Some of those same people: "Shut up, Meryl Streep! Nobody cares what elite Hollywood has to say! Why you gotta make this political? Just act and keep your opinions to yourself!"

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Stick to acting, I don't need the Hollywood elite with more money than most preaching to me about politics. They are so far out of touch with the common person it's comical when they try to speak to the masses. Poor victimized actors lumping themselves with the media, foreigner and the press. Cry me a river Meryl.
    Is your leg made of metal? Because it has an iron knee. You want to talk about so far out of touch with the common person....yet you support Trump....who considers 1 million dollars to be a small loan. The man who considers inheriting more wealth than 99% of people will ever see "self made".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    You denigrate her for her opinion and in the next sentence talk about putting differences aside and coming together. Do you not see the problem here?

YOU are the issue you wished she would help solve.
    Denigrate? How ironic you defend her for doing what you're accusing me of, you don't see a problem here? I rightly criticized her unprovoked, divisive comments about this country and its people, and that is somehow wrong? If it is, I don't want to be right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Welcome to humanity. I know ten "mechanics".
    Unless you are saying I'm not human, the above doesn't make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steven French View Post
    Denigrate? How ironic you defend her for doing what you're accusing me of, you don't see a problem here? I rightly criticized her unprovoked, divisive comments about this country and its people, and that is somehow wrong? If it is, I don't want to be right.
    Actually, when someone gives a speech about unity and people complain that it's divisive, that means those complaining are the divisive ones.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Gee, I really can't think of an example of a tv personality using their celebrity status, recognition, and fame to contribute to the country's sectional divide and insult half its people, much less leveraging as such to maybe...I dunno...get elected to high office....
    Yeah not seeing what that has to do with me but, I'd love to hear what wisdom you have to share. But just to clarify, if you're talking about trump responding to heaps of criticism with a tweet or two, I couldn't care less. That's just an example of your(lefties) ethics, you all think you get to make unprovoked attacks on peoples character with impunity, but when they respond, and trump has a hit them back twice as hard attitude, you cry foul, too bad no ones buying it anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Actually, when someone gives a speech about unity and people complain that it's divisive, that means those complaining are the divisive ones.
    Yeah I already posted why her speech was divisive, if you have something worthwhile to add, respond to that post.

How was the speech divisive? She talked about how all of her colleagues come from different backgrounds but all contribute something to make the film industry innovative and successful, which seems to be a pretty positive message. I don't see how going after Trump is inherently divisive, are his supporters so beholden to him that they take offense on his behalf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah not seeing what that has to do with me but, I'd love to hear what wisdom you have to share. But just to clarify, if you're talking about trump responding to heaps of criticism with a tweet or two, I couldn't care less. That's just an example of your(lefties) ethics, you all think you get to make unprovoked attacks on peoples character with impunity, but when they respond, and trump has a hit them back twice as hard attitude, you cry foul, too bad no ones buying it anymore.
    I'm not the one saying celebrities shouldn't be allowed to have political opinions; you are, and your double standard when it comes to such with someone who happens to support your viewpoint is a commentary on your ethical standard (or lack thereof), not mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unprovoked attacks? For criticism of a president? But, you couldn't care less what a president tweets? You have your priorities all screwed up...

Yeah I already posted why her speech was divisive, if you have something worthwhile to add, respond to that post.
    My post was about disagreeing with what you said. Pointing at people in the audience to say we are all in this together and denigrate those who make fun of the disabled, is not divisive. In fact, how many times did she say the word Trump?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    How was the speech divisive? She talked about how all of her colleagues come from different backgrounds but all contribute something to make the film industry innovative and successful, which seems to be a pretty positive message. I don't see how going after Trump is inherently divisive, are his supporters so beholden to him that they take offense on his behalf?
    Getting tired of repeating myself, you just might find the answer to your question in one of my previous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    I think actors, unless we're talking about the gentleman in my avatar should stick to acting.
    nope, he shoulda stuck to it as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not the one saying celebrities shouldn't be allowed to have political opinions; you are, and your double standard when it comes to such with someone who happens to support your viewpoint is a commentary on your ethical standard (or lack thereof), not mine.
    It's not a double standard, it's worse. He couldn't care what the president tweets, but is up in arms over "divisive rhetoric" of a celebrity? That's screwed up priorities, not double standard. It would have been on November 7th, when Trump was just a reality TV celebrity. But, now he is god damn president of the USA... time to pay attention to the president, not celebrities...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Don't you know? If you don't lick God-Emperor Trumps feet, then something something cucks libtards something safe space.

Never mind all the people complaining about others bitching about Trump literally spent the last 8 years going "Thanks OBAMA" and whining every time they thought anyone might hear, and that was about a president who was actually worth a shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting tired of repeating myself, you just might find the answer to your question in one of my previous posts.
    It seems like you care more about what a celebrity is saying on an awards show, than president of the USA. I think that might be the crux of the issue...

7+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that speech did was remind me of why I don't watch award shows. I sneaked in two 30min naps during her 5min speech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    The only thing that speech did was remind me of why I don't watch award shows.
    What? You forgot that award shows are 100% self gratifying circle jerk? I know I'm going to be pissed at what ever the winner of best model car made out of toothpicks exhibit has to say, at the next county fair... do the Puyallup!!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Unprovoked attacks? For criticism of a president? But, you couldn't care less what a president tweets? You have your priorities all screwed up...

My post was about disagreeing with what you said. Pointing at people in the audience to say we are all in this together and denigrate those who make fun of the disabled, is not divisive. In fact, how many times did she say the word Trump?
    I'm sorry I guess I missed all those verbal assaults donald put meryl through. I'm talking about one tweet right now, not the entirety of his tweeting history, and his tweet about meryl was only in response to her 5 mins of railing against him, I don't see the slightest problem with it, in fact I thought it was pretty funny.

Just going to ignore both my comments and keep trying to force your point?

Gotta love these moronic celebrities that think because they are in movies, that their opinions on politics hold any weight. These people brought just as many voters to Trump as anything else last time.