Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    Please name a famous current A list non-leftist actor? it's like comedy conservatives just seem to lack in those areas not sure why.
    I gave an entire list earlier. Maybe read the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drakensoul View Post
    Skepticism is fine, but saying all reporters are hijacked propaganda fountains is a stretch. And even when they are spewing propaganda, which they all do at one point or another, I'm confident in my ability to wade through it and decide what part is true. I'm assuming you also feel you can distinguish? Then so too can others.

"The News"™ is as much entertainment as anything else. I'd watch Fox from time to time but the fact that they still broadcast in SD is unforgivable. They're basically still using confederate technology.
    Ya I wade through the trash. Its ratings and half truths. I used to think CNN was non-bias until this bullshit:

I am sure you could have found any protester willing to be on camera... but instead... to push the narrative you get your own camerman to regurgitate a live feed straight to an earpiece. They've gotten so good at fiction, even if they try to report the news it comes off fake like an auto-tuned pop song.

Take the CIA identifying Russia as hacking/tampering with the American voting process...

(1) CIA is not in the habit of releasing confidential information that can pose a significant security risk without all the facts.
    (2) What was the result of the hack? What as changed? What was tampered with? My mail in ballot wasn't effected... what part EXACTLY of our "voting system" was compromised? Russia did it just so they could say they did it? So what Russia pranked us?
    (3) Aggressive action taken by one country toward us is not tabloid material that gets leaked to the media... that type of action (if truthful) is an aggressive act of war.
    (4) So again why was this incomplete information "the election was hacked" released? To cast doubt on the validity of a Trump win? Ding, ding, ding!

IF the media was interested in reporting news... the details of said "hack" would have been investigated and questions asked... ya know... news... reporting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Please name a famous current A list non-leftist actor? it's like comedy conservatives just seem to lack in those areas not sure why.
    Probs could find a bunch in the moderate right. But those are seen as 'dirty lefties' by the far right.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Clint Eastwood talked to an empty Obama chair at RNC convention in 2008... seems to do fine...
    Eastwood went to a political convention to make a political commentary. If the Golden Globe is going to turn into political kabuki theater as well then these award shows are pointless to watch as are the conventions.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's like comedy conservatives just seem to lack in those areas not sure why.
    Think of what being conservative means and what comedy is... nothing against Buddy Hacket, but...

https://youtu.be/lwsvcUDX2Dk
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure thing:

Now, which part did I ignore again?

Is this supposed to prove something? I'm not going in circles with you anymore, which is exactly what my post was saying. You either cant read, or simply ignore points I make, then repeat the same rhetoric you've been spouting the whole thread trying to reassert your point. You can repeat yourself all you want, I'm not going to.

You think that those that agreed with her, would give Trump shit for agreeing with her?
    Do I think people who agree with Meryl (that someone who openly mocked a disabled reporter, when everyone knows that's Trump, shouldn't hold office) would give Trump himself shit for agreeing with her? When he did exactly what she was speaking out against?

Yes, yes I do. I think people would rail him for at least a day for being completely oblivious. He did it, it's not like if he says he didn't do it people will be like "Oh, well he says he didn't do it, he must not have done it... herp derp.."

Actually maybe that would work, it's worked well for him so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Ya I wade through the trash. Its ratings and half truths. I used to think CNN was non-bias until this bullshit:
    CNN is non biased about ratings, seriously it is a horrible trash network for some reason conservatives seem to think liberals take them seriously.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    I like how you just casually ignore all the proof I gave of the gross misconduct of Hollywood towards republican conservatives and the ramifications that happen to any outspoken republican conservatives in present time Hollywood. You were posting around those pages. I guess when you don't have a winning argument it is best to just wait till people leave and create the same circle argument in hopes you can have your gotcha moment.
    That's what he does, intellectual integrity isn't his strength.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    I think actors, unless we're talking about the gentleman in my avatar should stick to acting.
    I agree. Acting is their job, you shouldn't use your job to promote your politics. It is insanely unprofessional.

How would you like the waiter to give you a side of politics with your soup? The teacher at your child's school using the classroom as a platform. The police officer sharing his politics with you as he writes up your speeding ticket....

Yeah, um, no thanks......

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    I think actors, unless we're talking about the gentleman in my avatar should stick to acting.
    I agree, Trump should resign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Eastwood went to a political convention to make a political commentary. If the Golden Globe is going to turn into political kabuki theater as well then these award shows are pointless to watch as are the conventions.
    That's bizarre... Yes, Eastwood speaking at a convention was more relevant than a god damn awards show. You got your priorities screwed up... Watching awards shows is far more pointless than learning the actual platform of one of the main parties in US...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Here's a transcript of the speech -- Can you point out where she was saying how to run the country?

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...htmlstory.html

Maybe you think the press doesn't need protection from a certain someone who said he was going to "open up libel laws" if anyone said anything bad against him is changing the country?
    So because he is president he can't protect himself and his own image against blatant lies?

I mean the guy is douchey and outrageous enough as it is... once again I call on the media to simply report the news... not fabricate it.

Law
    a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.
    synonyms: defamation, defamation of character, character assassination, calumny, misrepresentation, scandalmongering

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    So because he is president he can't protect himself and his own image against blatant lies?

I mean the guy is douchey and outrageous enough as it is... once again I call on the media to simply report the news... not fabricate it.
    What blatant lies are we discussing?

I mean so far the only lies we've seen have come from Trump himself and not the press.

There are very few things in this world that are more annoying than an actor/actress with an opinion. The ironic part is they feel compelled at every step to torture our ears with them. And somehow coincidentally during their acceptance speech for an award, a time when they should be gracious, they use their time virtue signaling to garner support and teaching the rest of us regular folk how to think.

The most hilarious part of her speech is when she said: “You and all of us in this room really belong to the most vilified segments in American society right now,” . Think about it: Hollywood, foreigners and the press.”

Ya no shit. The press has been completely dishonest, lying, bias underhanded and Hollywood is full of overly rich self-entitled opinionated fat-pigs. And why should America's welfare state support anyone else but themselves, they can't support the entire world by themselves.
    Last edited by Synadrasa; 2017-01-10 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I agree. Acting is their job, you shouldn't use your job to promote your politics. It is insanely unprofessional.

How would you like the waiter to give you a side of politics with your soup? The teacher at your child's school using the classroom as a platform. The police officer sharing his politics with you as he writes up your speeding ticket....

Yeah, um, no thanks......
    I like comedians and actors stepping outside of their comfort zone to offer their opinions and that includes politics as it grounds them to reality to make them human and just like the rest of us. But venue and timing is everything...imagine Bill Maher offering political commentary on the Iraq War or a joke while attending a soldiers's funeral?

It is called TACT and common sense.

Bad enough Trump doesn't care but if others want to stoop to Trump's level then Trump wins because he can go lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    There are very few things in this world that are more annoying than an actor/actress with an opinion. The ironic part is they feel compelled at every step to torture our ears with them.
    Hey now that is no way to talk about Trump!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    What blatant lies are we discussing?

I mean so far the only lies we've seen have come from Trump himself and not the press.
    Strawman...

but Touche'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drakensoul View Post
    Do I think people who agree with Meryl (that someone who openly mocked a disabled reporter, when everyone knows that's Trump, shouldn't hold office) would give Trump himself shit for agreeing with her? When he did exactly what she was speaking out against?

Yes, yes I do. I think people would rail him for at least a day for being completely oblivious. He did it, it's not like if he says he didn't do it people will be like "Oh, well he says he didn't do it, he must not have done it... herp derp.."

Actually maybe that would work, it's worked well for him so far.
    Yeah, dude, read this thread... it's ripe with it... his support and Trump are claiming that she was lying about Trump, instead of just agreeing with her, because Trump is not like that. It would be one thing to say nothing, which would be a pretty solid thing to do... even Bush kept his mouth shut after 'Bush doesn't care about black people' Kanye West stupidity.

She handed him an answer, that in it self shows he isn't what she claimed... it was so easy... just 'I agree'... it would do the same thing as him going off on her, but without actually acting like a 5 year old, not a president. I wouldn't even hear about it today...

Hey now that is no way to talk about Trump!!
    Yea cause Trump wasn't a Billionaire long before he did a reality tv show