I'm off to bed but man am I going to have some weird dreams tonight.

its still going
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I had to check but... apparently 'Genital Jousting' is a real thing they're developing.

Digital Revolver

So catching up on Bethesda...

A buncha VR bullshit
    Some Dishonored stand-alone DLC
    More TCG shit
    ESO DLC
    More about a 6 year old RPG
    MOTHER FUCKING WOLFENSTEIN YEAH BOI
    Oh hey, that horror game they made is getting a sequel
    Some Quake and shit I guess

Did I miss anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad I'm missing half of this, seems really underwhelming.

theyre beating a man on e3 live

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I'm glad I'm missing half of this, seems really underwhelming.
    you're missing what is possibly the greatest e3 ever created right now
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    I had to check but... apparently 'Genital Jousting' is a real thing they're developing.

Digital Revolver
    i think i'm truly in love.

No TES game again .. I guess the franchise really did die in a shitty MMO after all.

A bit of Dishonored might be nice, but seriously nothing in the two franchises I care the most about: TES and FO.
    They can also fuck off with their 100th micro-tweak of Skyrim. I'm done with that game and so schould they.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-06-12 at 06:52 AM.

im not sure if this is scripted or not

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    No TES game again .. I guess the franchise really did die in a shitty MMO after all.
    That "shitty MMO" is making Bethesda all kinds of money nowadays. It's more than recovered from its initial launch problems. The only reason there's not another ES games is because Bethesda has plenty on their plate as it is. If they want to make another, the only thing stopping them is themselves.

I don't care how much profit they make off ESO, it's an MMO and therfore an inferior experience to what I'm looking for in a TES game.

I don't care how much profit they make off ESO, it's an MMO and therfore an inferior experience to what I'm looking for in a TES game.
    That's fine, you may not like it but it's far from a shitty MMO and there's zero indication that it did any longterm damage to the franchise, much less killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That "shitty MMO" is making Bethesda all kinds of money nowadays. It's more than recovered from its initial launch problems. The only reason there's not another ES games is because Bethesda has plenty on their plate as it is. If they want to make another, the only thing stopping them is themselves.
    I tried the beta, and as I expected, it just wasn't what I look for in an MMO. The clunky TES controls are acceptable in a single-player game, but the combat system is just not at all conducive to an MMO experience. Especially with how you're supposed to be The Dude™ but then so is everyone else in your group, except you just have to hand-wave that and pretend you're the only Dude™ in the group and everyone else is some random Arrow-in-the-Knee merc.

It's too bad that Blade and Soul had to have such terrible support from NCsoft, because that has some of the best action-combat in any MMO I've played. The only thing missing is I wish it had the blocking mechanics from TERA.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I tried the beta, and as I expected, it just wasn't what I look for in an MMO. The clunky TES controls are acceptable in a single-player game, but the combat system is just not at all conducive to an MMO experience. Especially with how you're supposed to be The Dude™ but then so is everyone else in your group, except you just have to hand-wave that and pretend you're the only Dude™ in the group and everyone else is some random Arrow-in-the-Knee merc.
    Never much gave a fuck about "muh emershion" and have been completely ignoring the story in ESO, so hasn't bothered me in the slightest.

As to the beta, that was years ago and you're right, it was pretty shit. The game has improved by leaps and bounds since then. The combat is still being pretty shit (though apparently still better than Skyrim, no clue since I've not played it) compared to other proper action combat systems, but it's really "filled out" well as a MMO. Zenimax did a ton of work on it in that first year and it showed.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's fine, you may not like it but it's far from a shitty MMO and there's zero indication that it did any longterm damage to the franchise, much less killed it.
    If they refuse to make a new one because they already have a TES game then that's just like the experience of those players that wanted another WC game back in the day (I'm not one of them) as an RTS. For all intents and purposes the frachise died to those in a ditch labeled World of Warcraft.

And the shitty part was because MMOs are inherently inferior experiences with lower content quality and what not.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-06-12 at 07:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they refuse to make a new one because they already have a TES game then that's just like the experience of those players that wanted another WC game back in the day (I'm not one of them) as an RTS. For all intents and purposes the frachise died to those in a ditch labeled World of Warcraft.

And the shitty part was because MMOs are inherently inferior experiences with lower content quality and what not.
    Only they aren't refusing to make a new one because of ESO. By all accounts they have been making TES6 for years.

You realize that two entirely different studios make these games, right? Its not like "Bethesda" is tide up maintaining ESO... ESO was made by an entirely independent studio called Zenimax Online Studios that was created out of thin air to make that game in particular. Bethesda Game Studios, the developer of ES and Fallout games, has and will continue to make those games...

Yeah elder scrolls 6 has probably been in some form of development since Skyrim ended and probably went into full swing after fallout 4 ended it just takes a long fucking time for these games

they claimed to not currently have the tech for what they want to do with it.

i'm honestly hoping that's true, because that leads me to believe they're wanting to set it during a new great war and actually have it feel like a war, with massive battlefields instead of skyrims "15 guys in a fort" crap.

you see the same issue in fallout 4. battle of bunker hill, it's waves of enemies instead of a large all out fight.

More like they have the tech for it, but until that tech falls to Family Toaster levels, they won't go forward with it. Same way SimCity 2013 was permanently crippled by enforcing woefully pathetic system requirements in the hopes of broadening the sales base. Instead, they lost their longsuffering fanbase from SimCity4 to Cities Skylines that provided what fans were actually looking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The greedy fucks are probably waiting to see how we react to paid mods before making another game.