Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why dont you PVP? (If you dont, ofc)

I heard many people they dont pvp, like never.
    Do you do the same? What are your reasons?

I also dont pvp, not instanced, not wpvp.
    First reason is there is no goal, there is no big boss/player at the end of match, just flags or checkpoints. Premades spawn-camping killed all my will to pvp in Wildstar.
    Second reason is Im an older guy and my reflexes arent even close to other players there and cant think that fast, be it movement or what spell to use in given moment.
    Third one is language pvp players use. So much toxicity, insults, rudeness in 10 minutes. I dont hear that much of it in a month of pug raiding. Hm, this might be my 1st reason...
    Fourth reason may be I dont like surprises, unpredictability irl, so I use the same in-game.

How about you?

I find PVP in RPGs to be kind of inherently awful most of the time. Even mobas.

It's not the player versus player aspect, it's just that if the game is going to be competitive rather than cooperative I'm more of a shooter guy. I barely dabbled in WoW pvp but have over 600 hours in TF2 and over 800 hours in CS:GO.
    Last edited by Raxz; 2017-01-17 at 08:29 AM.

I absolutely detest PvP. I think I don't even have the duel achievement.
    I'm more of a cooperative player, and PvP tends to draw the worst in everyone when it comes to behaviour.

I hate random instanced PvP cos of the Russians. No racism!!!! Its just that they rape u 9/10 games. EU ofc. No fun at all.

Deleted
    Legion pvp lacks the rewards, the carrots, to make it attractive. Legion pvp also created the biggest inherit imbalances for pvp, which is ironic considering the aim they said they had for pvp in this xpack. I'm not even talking about class imbalances, as those have always existed.

I still pvp, though, as that's my main forte as one does not have the time to raid or do mythic hyper mega plus keystone eye of Sauron puppy runs or whatever.

Deleted
    I have always been a PvP player, i had my ups and downs but always came back and always loved pvp at least for a while. Now in legion I am having more ups and downs than ever before. Like the Demon Hunters that just jump in and one shot a group of 4 within 11 stun, just doesnt seem right. Still i PvP very often, think if bg's (just casual to pown some noobs xD). I do enjoy pvp though its not as good as it was in Mists of Pandaria, which for me was the best PvP period for me.

Oh yeah and im thinking of giving PvE a go, not like hardcore raiding or even raiding with a schedule, but just mythics and mythic+ with friend and raid pugs whenever i feel like raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. None of my friends that play WoW PvP, I don't want to PvP with random people.
    2. To truly excel you need to know all of the nuances, tricks, and general info about pretty much every spec and I am too lazy to do that.

I don't have time,.. pvp used to be my funtime/timesink in the game but now with all the f**king WQs/AP-grind/mythics+ and shit to stay competative (on main + raidalt) I have ZERO time over to have fun in pvp... in a normal expansion, I could pvp quite a bit but in Legion, I have to spam retarded mythics+ as the best gear comes from there. Life was easier when best gear only came from raids (please go back to that), you raid and then you can do whatever u want without losing ground to the others (like pvping), but now you go from a raid to stupid mythic+, just to have a chance to get an upgrade (as it's more often you get it from mythics than raids).

Yes, fullblown mythic+ hate here! I wish they went back to them as CM with only transmog and other vanity items.. not a "forced" grind to stay competative!

/rant off

I hate the progression aspect of it. I hate that some guy can beat me because he has more gear. I like what Legion has done with the stat templates, but for some reason people think they should be able to stomp someone simply because they've been doing it longer.

Also wpvp is just unbalanced garbage. I like it for roleplaying purposes but that's it.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    PvP is the pinnacle of cooperation when done organized. As for behavior? I stopped raiding in wotlk because of behavior of raid leaders. As I hear now it hasn't changed one bit and its still the same kind of nastyness when I play random raids etc.
    You're onto something here. I've met many assholes in rated PvP but are they really that nicer in PvE? I don't think so, honestly. The difference, maybe, between PvE and PvP rage, is that the PvPers are more direct, PvErs are more subtle (of course, PvErs can still rage)

Personally I'm a bit on and off with PvP. I'm in a bit of a down period right now, where DHs make random bgs less fun. I also would like to play a caster, but that won't be fun vs the melee pain train
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    PvP is the pinnacle of cooperation when done organized. As for behavior? I stopped raiding in wotlk because of behavior of raid leaders. As I hear now it hasn't changed one bit and its still the same kind of nastyness when I play random raids etc.
    That's the reason you join a good guild, so to not have nastiness and instead have a fun environment.

honestly most pvp is that winning (losing) combination of boring and frustrating. World pvp is unbalanced barfo and pubby BGs are like fingernails on the chalkboard. RBGs are pretty fun but it can be hard to get a group, especially with so many pve-ers now spending their off-time in mythic+. Rewards per time are also pretty blah compared to what you get from m+ or even just farming regular mythics or WQs.

it's too bad because there's basically no barrier to entry anymore if you already have gear/ap/etc from pve, but if we're being honest m+ is just kinda more fun as a use of off time

Mostly because there are other titles who fulfill my competitive pvp needs while only giving me about half the cancer in the process.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't PvP, because PvP is the worst kind of content, in ANY game..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

wow pvp is just a joke, there is much better games for that out there.

Deleted
    I think we have to bust some myths here and now. I've done hundreds if not thousands of skirmish in Legion so far.
    1. Most people I meet, befriend, are very kind and friendly! While most raids have been filled with some really loudmouth people. This happens like 1/100 times in skirmishes.

2. We pvp not for a goal or objective, but for the satisfaction when you outplay one or multiple other players. That's the reward! However I couldn't feel it while I pvp'ed on my demon hunter so I quit it, I didn't feel any satisfaction because it felt so incredible faceroll. Blizzard needs to work on tuning better or a lot of pvper's like me might not stay.

I would have PVP'd like I always did if it weren't for the changes in Legion. I am far from alone in that Legion season 1 had about half of the PVPers compared to last season of WoD.

Deleted
    I pvp in other games, pvp in wow isn't fun at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer to play games against other people on a level playing field. I don't think that's ever been the case in wow. So i don't do it.

I don't PvP at all. I don't like it, and I guess that is mostly due to the fact that I suck at it. I'm not fast enough to react to stuff and my bad memory prevents me from using keybinds and makes it impossible to remember other classes's spells or tactics. I also detest the fact there's virtually no cooperation (outside arena, I assume you need to help each other in arena) so I die every few seconds from being attacked by 3+ Alliance guys and no one healing me or helping me kill them.

I also don't like the general attitude of PvPers. Somehow they think they are a better person than you, because they can kill you (usually 3+ to 1, but ok) and have to be a jerk about it. I don't mind someone being proud of their accomplishments, but being a douchebag about it just doesn't sit wel with me.