Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    This pretty much sums it up
    Yep. Pretty much. Im simming 561k with ascendance and 566k with IF. And 4k sim dps is nothing. Ele is in the best place it has been since legion prepatch (where our class trinket was broken)

The fact that we have 2 viable builds to choose from is a miracle in itself.
    Last edited by TripleZero; 2017-01-12 at 06:24 AM.

I just love Elemental in 7.1.5, played a bit with the IF build, and it feels awesome. As a consequence, I started gearing my shamy ^^

what are the actual goto builds ?

Ele is really in a very good place right now, at least gameplay-wise. Well done, Blizzard.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    what are the actual goto builds ?
    IF, Asc or LR - http://www.stormearthandlava.com/ind...al-shaman-hub/ - depends on gear, personal preferences and playstyle.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

For mythic+ you still want the totems. The 10% increased chance for chain lighting to overload is huge. Earthen is only better on pure ST

Deleted
    I tried the Icefury build in a quick lfr run last night and it feels very rewarding when u get it down right, but I can imagine it takes a decent amount of focus to keep up decent dps, so since I'm coming over from Enhance I'll probably roll with the Ascend. build which should be more forgiving but still does some nice pew pew

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    IF, Asc or LR - http://www.stormearthandlava.com/ind...al-shaman-hub/ - depends on gear, personal preferences and playstyle.
    thanks a lot !

Yeah, the only issue with the IF build is the complexity. It's not an easy to play build and you need practice to be really good at it. But it's pretty rewarding when done right. I really like the playstyle but it's a bit disappointing that our artifact doesn't offer any benefit to Frost Shock.

And why not choose Aftershock with IF? Makes more sense in my eyes because we're using Shocks so often. I really don't see the 6% Haste being better than constant Maelstrom refund during a fight.

Noticeable bump in DPS with both IF and meatball builds, not as much as a lot of other specs tho. Spriest+locks are both murdering, and most melee are smashing meters too. Mechanically feels better than 7.1 in both specs, the drop in haste values and elemental mastery CD makes the spec feel incredibly slow to me.

The guides are using Earthen Rage as the lvl 15 talent choice but I parse much better with Path of Flame (~7-9% more ST DPS) - can somebody explain me why they choose Earthen Rage instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The guides are using Earthen Rage as the lvl 15 talent choice but I parse much better with Path of Flame (~7-9% more ST DPS) - can somebody explain me why they choose Earthen Rage instead?
    3-4 minute fights or less, suited to ascendance, progress in nighthold won't be the same.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2017-01-14 at 05:32 PM.

I'm not even using Ascendance, I'm using Path of Flame + Aftershock + EB + IF and still PoF is ahead.

Gear? Dunno... in practice, PoF is definitely a dps loss for me, perhaps results would be different if I used EF instead of blast.

Guides are just that... guides. The player, if left with a few options, should test each on his own to see what happens in real world playing. What my own gear simming says should be on top isn't what actually works best for me when playing. YMMV.

man im so glad they fixed the ele spec... but man i cant help but keep jumping to other classes because blizzard always manages to make the ONE range spell on shaman suck and unfortunately we dont have 3 range specs.... i really am kind of torn on whether hybrid class is for me or if i should really just pick a class that has 3 specs that fill the same role :frowning:

I'm not even using Ascendance, I'm using Path of Flame + Aftershock + EB + IF and still PoF is ahead.
    There are a lot of things that might make that happen: relics, other talents, gear, etc. With the most recent build of simcraft, I'm still parsing better with earthen rage in every situation. It might have to do with how you're using aftershock along with your specific gear. For me, the difference between ER and PoF was very small in favor of ER (1k dps) when I used aftershock (it also dropped my dps from 528k to 514k too though). Are you following a priority other than crit=mastery>vers>haste?

Also, are your sims set to single target or multi-target? That would make a big difference too.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleaura View Post
    Ele is in a great place in 7.1.5
    What do you base that off of?

IMO its still inferior by comparison to the damage, the mobility, the speed, the surviveability, and the fluid play style of other casters.

What are you doing or what have you changed to make it feel improved?
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Overall i like what they did to Elemental with 7.1.5

Especially how it really feels like you tie in multiple to deal damage, combining Chain Lightning with Earthquake and Liquid Magma Totem feels really like what an Elemental should do - Storm, Earth and Fire.

Or at least this style of play is actually viable in certain areas.

However some buttons still feel out place, EB is pretty strong but just kinda there, lacks interaction with the Maelstrom system & other talents, same goes for Liquid Magma totem.

While Icefury is pretty cool, the button overload caused by it is real, couldn't the spell just "replace" Frost shock every 30 seconds?

I also dislike that at least two legendaries interact only with Earth shock, feels just bad to have a ES based Legendary and using IF at the same time.

So I'm trying elemental, but I'm still not sure what to do during AoE. We generate A LOT of maelstrom during CL spam, so what are we supposed to do? Spam earthquake like crazy with all that resource or is it better to just spam CL and ignore all maelstrom we get?

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    So I'm trying elemental, but I'm still not sure what to do during AoE. We generate A LOT of maelstrom during CL spam, so what are we supposed to do? Spam earthquake like crazy with all that resource or is it better to just spam CL and ignore all maelstrom we get?
    Earthquake away.