Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Angry Study: Majority of muslim students training to be teachers in Germany deny evolution

https://fowid.de/meldung/akzeptanz-e...nd-und-tuerkei

While >70% of muslim students reject evolution as a scientific theory, the same does not hold true for other major religious groups in Germany such as catholics and evangelical christians. Among these groups >80% accept evoltion. Only the freechurch group had similarly abysmal results, only 40% agree accept evoltion as scientific theory.

It is hard for me to find socially acceptable words for the feelings of disappointment and worry I feel when I think what such a generation of people who strive to become educators and people in positions of relative power and influence over youth means for the future of my country and the civilisation I live in as a whole.

I dont know how other countries do it, but under these circumstances it becomes increasingly cynical to argue that continued influx of people with beliefs like these is a boon for future generations.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they keep it to themselves I don't have an issue

Well, let's hope they don't teach biology then.

Besides, you can still teach a subject you don't believe in. My religion teacher was an atheist.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they are Muslims who are dedicated to their religion, of course they would. I see nothing wrong with this because evolution should not be taught in schools ether, or creationism. Schools should stick to academics, which do not border on one's beliefs when it comes to religion or non religious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Americans have been slow to accept evolution and we still have more creationists than people who believe in evolution. We just tell them to keep their personal beliefs out of the classroom and go about our day. Your geometry teacher doesn't need to believe in natural selection.
    I've never understood the big face off between the two for people. First verses of the Bible never seemed far off of the order science details Earth's formation with water > land > fish > animals > people etc, etc. (I also find it weird that people act like Adam was the first man when the book they're referring to specifically mentions manking being made multiple verses before ol' Adam comes on stage).

If you're religious, that's a source for reflection on the "why" of things. Whether you are or aren't religious, science is a detailing of the how.

I've just never seen anything in religion that refuted evolution for me personally. /shrug

7+ Year Old Account
    I know perfectly capable doctors that are very religious. Your point? The humanity has survived and thrived just fine while believing in nonsense all this time. We are weird beings, what we believe in and the crazy stuff in our heads does not usually stop us to function properly.

Until evolution becomes more than "scientific" theory, it is nothing more than make believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    As long as they keep it to themselves I don't have an issue
    Then the same should apply to those who believe in evolution. Classes dealing with evolution should never be mandatory. Have them as optional classes.

Deleted
    There is sort of a devolution going on in Europe at the moment. All progress of the last 70 years will eventually be close to nullified.

Tolerance, scientific progress, social progress etc. are all on a slope. Both because of importing people from countries that pretty much in medieval times as of the effect this seems to have on the local people that live between them/grow up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by brimdog View Post
    Until evolution becomes more than "scientific" theory, it is nothing more than make believe.
    Say what now?
    Do you even know what scientific theory means?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    If they are Muslims who are dedicated to their religion, of course they would. I see nothing wrong with this because evolution should not be taught in schools ether, or creationism. Schools should stick to academics, which do not border on one's beliefs when it comes to religion or non religious.
    Evolution is part of biology. It is part of the academics. Should we also not teach about the theory of gravity? Climate change?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Say what now?
    Do you even know what scientific theory means?
    Of course they do not, but now they finally have something to agree with on the muslims.

- - - Updated - - -

Then the same should apply to those who believe in evolution. Classes dealing with evolution should never be mandatory. Have them as optional classes.
    Its part of biology classes, its not its own subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    Evolution has nothing to do with any religion or atheism.

Pretty sure Muslim sits above evolution in the hierarchy for Liberals. So expect many "it's totally cool they don't believe in evolution" responses.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Pretty sure Muslim sits above evolution in the hierarchy for Liberals. So expect many "it's totally cool they don't believe in evolution" responses.
    And expect all Christians to also agree with them.

Is that how this works?
    Its funny because its not our liberal parties that are most open to muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Evolution has nothing to do with any religion or atheism.
    If you believe in the bible same goes for a lot of religions really you can't believe in evolution there is simply no way to circle that square in a way that makes sense.

Evolution is biology though...what else should not be taught because of the religion it clashes with? If a religion challenges photosynthesis, do we not teach that as well?

Guys! Dinosaurs are a hoax!
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    If you believe in the bible same goes for a lot of religions really you can't believe in evolution there is simply no way to circle that square in a way that makes sense.
    That is nothing to do with Evolution, that is the religion's issue. What part of Evolution deals with religion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Evolution is part of biology. It is part of the academics. Should we also not teach about the theory of gravity? Climate change?

- - - Updated - - -

Of course they do not, but now they finally have something to agree with on the muslims.

- - - Updated - - -

Its part of biology classes, its not its own subject.
    Not the same. None of those except for evolution, conflicts with one's religion and why does it matter if it is not taught. What will happen to a person if it is not?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hilarious just how much Deep South conservatives have in common with Muslims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not the same. None of those except for evolution, conflicts with one's religion and why does it matter if it is not taught. What will happen to a person if it is not?
    We shouldn't remove subjects due to them clashing with religions. Do you realise how many religions there are? We'd be hard pressed to teach anybody anything.