Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The Pope is the leader of the Roman Catholic Church, not all of Christianity.
    I never said he was. Merely that a major religious leader has come out and stated that evolution aligns with the beliefs of a major religion to which a large portion of Christianity belongs to. Catholicism makes up a very large amount of the Christian faith, supposedly claiming close to 1.3 billion believers according to church numbers if you choose to believe them.

Quote Originally Posted by brimdog View Post
    Until evolution becomes more than "scientific" theory, it is nothing more than make believe.
    Way to show your utter ignorance about what the term theory means in regards to science. Are the atomic theory, germ theory and molecular theory also make believe? You may want to educate yourself before you make ridiculous statements.

what is the sample size of this survey?

I can't imagine there are a large amount of muslim teachers.

Deleted
    Denying evolution is not exclusive to muslims, so I don't see the point in singling them out. The inability to accept scientific facts because they contradict religious beliefs is a religious problem not a muslim problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by p0werslav3 View Post
    Way to show your utter ignorance about what the term theory means in regards to science. Are the atomic theory, germ theory and molecular theory also make believe? You may want to educate yourself before you make ridiculous statements.
    Forcing people into believe REGARDSLESS OF WHAT IT IS, does not make you any different than the most religious misguided person ever.

Humans exists because they chose to believe in X. Not because science states so.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You say that there is no comparison to what you brought up in Germany to that of the same thing in the United States. However, people keep making the comparison. You don't seem to like that. So, one must wonder why you want to keep it specifically about Muslims in Germany, and not about the issue of opposing the teaching of certain aspects of science based on religious beliefs.
    I do not think it is helpfull to compare muslims from Saudi Arabia to those from India to those living in France to those living in Canada to christian fundamentalists in the US. While there are specific similarities between groups that are perfectly valid to point out, picking a very small handfull of mostly superficial similarities and argue on their basis that the whole of the situation in the US and Germany are equal enough for the conclusions you came to is puzzling and I dont agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I've never understood the big face off between the two for people. First verses of the Bible never seemed far off of the order science details Earth's formation with water > land > fish > animals > people etc, etc. (I also find it weird that people act like Adam was the first man when the book they're referring to specifically mentions manking being made multiple verses before ol' Adam comes on stage).

If you're religious, that's a source for reflection on the "why" of things. Whether you are or aren't religious, science is a detailing of the how.

I've just never seen anything in religion that refuted evolution for me personally. /shrug
    Wait wait wait.

You mean people who proclaim to live their lives accord to desert fairy tales didn't actually read said fairy tales but still profess to follow them?

Dang im shocked, I tell you what.

That's be all fine and good if they weren't also trying to get into power and/or legislating said desert fairy tales into law.

OT: I have no idea if this website is credible or not, but screw 'em if it is and this is what they believe. Just goes to show that Muslims and Christians have more in common than they think. They both ignore science because they believe their desert book told them.

Deleted
    People outside EU:
    This is how the majority is in EU. They suffer from xenofobia and it's really bad.

You can even see that in this article, how they try to sling a group out in a way(manipulating the majority).

Quote Originally Posted by iQ Superi0r View Post
    Denying evolution is not exclusive to muslims, so I don't see the point in singling them out. The inability to accept scientific facts because they contradict religious beliefs is a religious problem not a muslim problem.
    Of course it is not and the argument you argue against was not presented. However the question remains why this tendency is so strongly represented in that specific group whereas the other major religious groups seem to be rather secular and accepting of the theory of evolution and its place in science.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    I never said he was. Merely that a major religious leader has come out and stated that evolution aligns with the beliefs of a major religion to which a large portion of Christianity belongs to. Catholicism makes up a very large amount of the Christian faith, supposedly claiming close to 1.3 billion believers according to church numbers if you choose to believe them.
    Ghostpanther's argument was that if it conflicts with some major religions, then it shouldn't be taught, so not conflicting with one branch of one religion is not really relevant. Eastern Orthodox Christians don't give a shit what the Pope thinks, nor do Protestant Christians and obviously Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, etc. won't care either, so it doesn't nullify Ghostpanther's argument.

Their argument fails as it means we can't teach evolution, pi, heliocentrism, spherical Earth and numerous other things, due to them conflicting with some religion or another.

Until evolution becomes more than "scientific" theory, it is nothing more than make believe.
    same goes for religion pure make believe with zero proof, but we have to respect that don't we, so you respect evolution.

Islam isn't really incompatible with evolution.. I think that most scholars in the west would agree, but I could be wrong.
    I'm Muslim and I believe in evolution. I think Islam can be more pro-science than many abrahamic religions.

"Science foundations of 14 Muslim countries, including Pakistan, Iran, Turkey, Indonesia, and Egypt, recently signed a statement by the Interacademy Panel (IAP, a global network of science academies), in support of the teaching of evolution, including human evolution"
    Last edited by Notdev; 2017-01-10 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    I do not think it is helpfull to compare muslims from Saudi Arabia to those from India to those living in France to those living in Canada to christian fundamentalists in the US. While there are specific similarities between groups that are perfectly valid to point out, picking a very small handfull of mostly superficial similarities and argue on their basis that the whole of the situation in the US and Germany are equal enough for the conclusions you came to is puzzling and I dont agree.
    Then at last you are focusing on what you want, Muslims. Your refusal to talk about other religions that do the exact same thing, or other countries where the exact same thing is happening, displays your true agenda.

People tried to widen the discussion, because that's how it relates to them personally. There's nothing wrong with adding to a discussion by bringing up similar issues in other countries. You seem to be strongly against, but the correlation with other religions and other nations is obvious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    Of course it is not and the argument you argue against was not presented. However the question remains why this tendency is so strongly represented in that specific group whereas the other major religious groups seem to be rather secular and accepting of the theory of evolution and its place in science.
    Good question and this is what I believe:

People believes in norse gods(this part is what ever). But did you know, people who believes in norse gods is less in scandinavia and more spread all over the world?

Same goes with these groups. The further apart you are from a country where the religion started, the more conservative you must go in order to keep some old traditions.

Because christianity is more accepted in EU, they are having easier time "adepting" themselfs.

See the picture?

Regardless, its not the same as "denial". It's the same as "I really don't care if the evolutions exists or not".
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-01-10 at 03:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    People outside EU:
    This is how the majority is in EU. They suffer from xenofobia and it's really bad.

You can even see that in this article, how they try to sling a group out in a way(manipulating the majority).
    Give it a rest.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out issues that Islam may present to our education systems, we point out issues with things all the time and Islam should not some sacred cow that is beyond scrutiny.

If there are upcoming potential conflicts that are going to be caused by Islam, then we need to know them, discuss them and find a solution before they become actual issues and your pathetic attempts to stifle any debate by claiming xenophobia are what leads to problems like we had in Rotherham with rape gangs.

Ah, the good old "just a theory" response.

Theory doesn't equal "guess". It is widely regarded as scientific fact nowadays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Give it a rest.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out issues that Islam may present to our education systems, we point out issues with things all the time and Islam should not some sacred cow that is beyond scrutiny.

If there are upcoming potential conflicts that are going to be caused by Islam, then we need to know them, discuss them and find a solution before they become actual issues and your pathetic attempts to stifle any debate by claiming xenophobia are what leads to problems like we had in Rotherham with rape gangs.
    Well, when people outside EU is pointing out, WTF is going on with you guys, i kinda feel ashamed and embarrassed.

Bait Post of the Day award goes to...
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Well, when people outside EU is pointing out, WTF is going on with you guys, i kinda feel ashamed and embarrassed.
    Better that you feel embarrassed than people suffer real problems, due to the likes of you trying to shut down any debate by squealing about xenophobia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Better that you feel embarrassed than people suffer real problems, due to you trying to shut down any debate by squealing about xenophobia.
    Xenophobia:
    Xenophobia is the fear of that which is perceived to be foreign or strange.[1][2] Xenophobia can manifest itself in many ways involving the relations and perceptions of an ingroup towards an outgroup, including a fear of losing identity, suspicion of its activities, aggression, and desire to eliminate its presence to secure a presumed purity.[3] Xenophobia can also be exhibited in the form of an "uncritical exaltation of another culture" in which a culture is ascribed "an unreal, stereotyped and exotic quality".[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenophobia

I cannot argue with some guy with phobia. Be objective(sane)or just pass it.