Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Forcing people into believe REGARDSLESS OF WHAT IT IS, does not make you any different than the most religious misguided person ever.

Humans exists because they chose to believe in X. Not because science states so.
    Humans would exist whether they believed in a god or not: we did not spring up out of the ground because we believed in religion.

Science is based on observation of empirical data and facts: if you have to be forced into believing the evidence in front of your eyes which can be proved and, where appropriate, repeated then the problem is with you, not with science.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Then at last you are focusing on what you want, Muslims. Your refusal to talk about other religions that do the exact same thing, or other countries where the exact same thing is happening, displays your true agenda.

People tried to widen the discussion, because that's how it relates to them personally. There's nothing wrong with adding to a discussion by bringing up similar issues in other countries. You seem to be strongly against, but the correlation with other religions and other nations is obvious.
    Great, but in Germany the members of other major religios groups DO NOT have a siginificant problem with evolution. Thus I make this about the major group that stands out, muslim students aspiring/training to be teachers. Those belonging to the free church group do not make up a significantly high enough part of the population or student body to make an impact, but part of the concerns I have about this trend apply to them all the same.

The question remains: Why is the percentage that reject scientific theory of evolution in that group so high? What needs to be done to change this in the long term? How can negative effects for the education of future students due to this trend be prevented?

10+ Year Old Account
    Xenophobia:
    Xenophobia is the fear of that which is perceived to be foreign or strange.[1][2] Xenophobia can manifest itself in many ways involving the relations and perceptions of an ingroup towards an outgroup, including a fear of losing identity, suspicion of its activities, aggression, and desire to eliminate its presence to secure a presumed purity.[3] Xenophobia can also be exhibited in the form of an "uncritical exaltation of another culture" in which a culture is ascribed "an unreal, stereotyped and exotic quality".[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenophobia

I cannot argue with some guy with phobia. Be objective or move on.
    How about people discuss potential issues and don't move on just because it makes you feel sad? If it hurts your feelings, then tough shit, better that than people actually getting hurt due to you not wanting problems discussed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    Humans would exist whether they believed in a god or not: we did not spring up out of the ground because we believed in religion.

Science is based on observation of empirical data and facts: if you have to be forced into believing the evidence in front of your eyes which can be proved and, where appropriate, repeated then the problem is with you, not with science.
    God is based on observation of empirical data and facts: if you have to be forced into believing the evidence in front of your eyes which can be proved and, where appropriate, repeated then the problem is with you, not with God.

Fixed it for you. No difference. You are just "smart"/"stupid" as people you point on.

Defenders of science, uses science itself against it to negligate it.

If you talk about observing, then observe. Don't conclude, because that is not what science does.

Good question and this is what I believe:

People believes in norse gods(this part is what ever). But did you know, people who believes in norse gods is less in scandinavia and more spread all over the world?

Same goes with these groups. The further apart you are from a country where the religion started, the more conservative you must go in order to keep some old traditions.

Because christianity is more accepted in EU, they are having easier time "adepting" themselfs.

See the picture?

Regardless, its not the same as "denial". It's the same as "I really don't care if the evolutions exists or not".
    But the geographical roots of christianity lie in the same region, not in Mekka and Medina but Jerusalem, which is rather close. The fundamentalist tendency of christians has no corelation to their geographical distance to Jerusalem, like some inverse gravitational pull.

Quote Originally Posted by brimdog View Post
    Until evolution becomes more than "scientific" theory, it is nothing more than make believe.
    evoution is a theory in the same way that gravity is a theory...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brimdog View Post
    Until evolution becomes more than "scientific" theory, it is nothing more than make believe.
    Evolution = fact
    The details = theory

We can see evolution happen in micro organisme these days.
    We can make evolution happen altering DNA.

So we know it happens just that we miss parts of histories evolutions does not mean it happend.
    The evolution theory has alot more prove behind it then any other theory out there and that is a fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    But the geographical roots of christianity lie in the same region, not in Mekka and Medina but Jerusalem, which is rather close. The fundamentalist tendency of christians has no corelation to their geographical distance to Jerusalem, like some inverse gravitational pull.
    That is true.

But EU does not identify themselfs as anything other than christians.

It's psychological. If you move country to say middleeast, you want to eat your german saussage, you want have your xmas and you simple dont bother wondering, if Santa exists. You won't care, it a part of your identity. You don't question if your dad is your real dad.

And i don't see ANY conflict in all this at all, other than xenophopic believes.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-01-10 at 03:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    Great, but in Germany the members of other major religios groups DO NOT have a siginificant problem with evolution. Thus I make this about the major group that stands out, muslim students aspiring/training to be teachers. Those belonging to the free church group do not make up a significantly high enough part of the population or student body to make an impact, but part of the concerns I have about this trend apply to them all the same.

The question remains: Why is the percentage that reject scientific theory of evolution in that group so high? What needs to be done to change this in the long term? How can negative effects for the education of future students due to this trend be prevented?
    You ask what can be done to prevent it?
    The same thing that can be done about every other group that is known to deny evolution, you want a cure for muslims find a cure for christians first, and if that cure helps apply it to the muslims. Focusing on muslims but ignoring all other groups seems completely pointless, unless there you have a reason why you want to focus on muslims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    How about people discuss potential issues and don't move on just because it makes you feel sad? If it hurts your feelings, then tough shit, better that than people actually getting hurt due to you not wanting problems discussed.
    I was pushed down a flight of stairs in school, as kids screamed 'go back to your country'. I broke my arm, which was the worst injury I have suffered. Being a refugee due to religious persecution, kinda sucked when the same shit happens again for a different reason. Still love this country more than any ass hole that claims it isn't great...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Christianity is pretty explicitly based on faith, with people who demand proof being viewed as worse than those who can just accept it without doubt as per their own holy text. Cut the "EVERYTHING IS THE SAME" crap. Science is empirical. Religion is generally fundamentally opposed to that.
    Science is pretty explicitly based on faith, with people who demand proof being viewed as worse than those who can just accept it without doubt as per their own holy scientist. Cut the "EVERYTHING IS THE SAME" crap. Religion is empirical. Science is generally fundamentally opposed to that.

Fixed it for you.

See, there is no difference. Same answers, people are trying to fit in stuff they actually don't know what it is. I also see fundamentally screwed athiests here, who likes to use "science" as thier only shield(because of lack in any form of knowledge). It could also be a religious person. Same thing.

/All this comes from a sciencist(your prophet). Ciao.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-01-10 at 04:00 PM.

Majority of Americans studying to be teachers probably deny evolution as well. As long as they don't try and enforce their personal beliefs in place of knowledge on their students, that's entirely fine. Reality is a massive drag to those that want to live in a fantasy world.

My uncle was a teacher, but he refused to teach both history and biology because he didn't want to "contribute to the denial of the one true saviour"... Spoiler; He's not a teacher anymore. How he got so far in the first place being so fanatical is beyond me.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-01-10 at 04:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Science is pretty explicitly based on faith, with people who demand proof being viewed as worse than those who can just accept it without doubt as per their own holy scientist. Cut the "EVERYTHING IS THE SAME" crap. Religion is empirical. Science is generally fundamentally opposed to that.

Fixed it for you.

See, there is no difference. Same answers, people are trying to fit in stuff they actually don't know what it is.

All this comes from a sciencist(your prophet).

Ciao.
    Yes, me responding to you is 100% based on faith. This post will arrive only if I will it to. No science needed...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Americans have been slow to accept evolution and we still have more creationists than people who believe in evolution. We just tell them to keep their personal beliefs out of the classroom and go about our day. Your geometry teacher doesn't need to believe in natural selection.
    Your point is valid. However, what's more disturbing is a geometry teacher who denies science.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I was pushed down a flight of stairs in school, as kids screamed 'go back to your country'. I broke my arm, which was the worst injury I have suffered. Being a refugee due to religious persecution, kinda sucked when the same shit happens again for a different reason. Still love this country more than any ass hole that claims it isn't great...
    Okay, how is that relevant to what I wrote? Should we not discuss potential problems with Islam because you were pushed down a flight of stairs? I get pretty angry when people stifle debate by screaming xenophobia/racism and it leads to rapes and murders.

We must be open to debate, there must be no sacred cows that cannot be debated in our society.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, me responding to you is 100% based on faith. This post will arrive only if I will it to. No science needed...
    Faith is confidence or trust in a person or thing; or the observance of an obligation from loyalty; or fidelity to a person, promise, engagement or it may refer to a particular system of religious belief,[1] such as in which faith is confidence based on some perceived degree of warrant.[2][3] The term 'faith' has numerous connotations and is used in different ways, often depending on context.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faith

Define "particular system". Maybe faith in science? You know how atiesm works?

My IQ dropped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Science is pretty explicitly based on faith, with people who demand proof being viewed as worse than those who can just accept it without doubt as per their own holy scientist..
    This is, in fact, pretty much the exact opposite of what science is. Well done.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

So, they'll be on par with teachers in the US south then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Majority of Americans studying to be teachers probably deny evolution as well. As long as they don't try and enforce their personal beliefs in place of knowledge on their students, that's entirely fine.
    There are plenty of high ranking members of the church who have no problem rationalizing evolution being reality, without it inhibiting faith. The issue is not religion, but those who are so self centered, that they refuse to learn, to instead pretend evolution is countered by a completely different field of study. There is nothing stoping anyone from having faith in God and believing things like evolution, other than personal ignorance.

Add it to a list of things self proclaimed religious people do, to make their religion look bad, instead of taking personal responsibility.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lemaître

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Okay, how is that relevant to what I wrote? Should we not discuss potential problems with Islam because you were pushed down a flight of stairs? I get pretty angry when people stifle debate by screaming xenophobia/racism and it leads to rapes and murders.

We must be open to debate, there must be no sacred cows that cannot be debated in our society.
    You are using words that describes a xenophobic person. Who are not letting you debate? Who is angry?

As you can see, and I did see it coming. You can't argue with a person, who are afraid.