Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Oh god dude, not only do you not know who Carl Bernstein is, but you didn't even bother to google it first.
    Zero fucks given. Yep. I don't know the names of any whores. The fact that I know a few "journalists" is only due to them putting it on screen, or in the news article. I am not a fan of these crooks.

Edit: Ok, I googled it. And still zero fucks given.

Bob Woodward must have a better publicist. At least I knew who he was.

Comparing any legendary journalists to the trash that work at CNN is just rich though. Did you ever consider that the reason you like CNN, is the tremendous confirmation bias feelings you get from watching? Nah? Oh well...
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2017-01-12 at 02:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Per se. It's Latin. Means "on its own".
    Always good to know. Per se. Makes me think of Persia. Perhaps it's not a coincidence. Now I'm curious. Brb googling.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I don't think the amount of bias matters. I can get the right idea of the world events from the most biased media in the world, as long as the facts presented there are true: I will just discard the opinion part and look at the claims made, and, if I feel that something is missing for the sake of the narrative, I can look into other media biased in another direction to make up for it.

With fake news, there isn't anything to gain from them, because they just blatantly present false information.
    I disagree, I don't think you're going to learn anything of value from Stormfront.

And it rather begs the question to say that the biased news source is still presenting the facts as true. One of their favoured tactics is presenting opinion as fact, or blurring the lines, or cherry picking the facts, or mispresenting the facts by taking them out of context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Zero fucks given. Yep. I don't know the names of any whores. The fact that I know a few "journalists" is only due to them putting it on screen, or in the news article. I am not a fan of these crooks.

Bob Woodward must have a better publicist.
    If your opinion is that Carl Bernstein isn't a legitimate journalist I think we're all done here. Just stay in that corner you backed yourself into.

If your opinion is that Carl Bernstein isn't a legitimate journalist I think we're all done here. Just stay in that corner you backed yourself into.
    Did we have a thing going anyway? You just insulted me right out of the gate with a meaningless troll post. I mean, whatever dude...

Did we have a thing going anyway? You just insulted me right out of the gate with a meaningless troll post. I mean, whatever dude...
    I didn't insult you. That was your thing.

Anyway, Carl Bernstein is worth reading and taking seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Holy shit, Newt Gingrich defended CNN on Hannity.

What the fuck is happening.

Newt got snubbed of a cabinet spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    so let me get this straight... FOX is defending CNN against Trump
    what the fuck is happening?
    Tis' the coming of the End Times! THE END TIMES! AS IT WAS PROPHESIZED.

If he works at CNN now, he has no credibility. Anyone who hasn't quit by now is just not even a serious person.

Also, I'm not sure why I'm even talking to you but, yes you did in fact start our conversation with basically, "you have nothing interesting to say ever". So, if you are trying to communicate with me, in some bizarre limited way, you are failing. Hard.

It doesn't look like anyone interesting is posting in this anyway. I'll just come back later.

If he works at CNN now, he has no credibility. Anyone who hasn't quit by now is just not even a serious person.
    Now you're being ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

he definitely is. And the story is getting wide spread in the world news today. And like they say where there is smoke you usually have fire. Cant wait to see the fire,

This is getting silly. Tell us dude, what employer qualifies one as a "legitimate journalist"?

10+ Year Old Account

Bob Woodward must have a better publicist. At least I knew who he was.

Comparing any legendary journalists to the trash that work at CNN is just rich though. Did you ever consider that the reason you like CNN, is the tremendous confirmation bias feelings you get from watching? Nah? Oh well...
    At least you have bliss.

I don't particularly like CNN, yet I can recognize that they are a legitimate news source that, being comprised of humans, has been known to err. Making a mistake (which they didn't even do, in this case) is still different that purposefully presenting things that are known to be false as the truth.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

Also, I'm not sure why I'm even talking to you but, yes you did in fact start our conversation with basically, "you have nothing interesting to say ever". So, if you are trying to communicate with me, in some bizarre limited way, you are failing. Hard.

It doesn't look like anyone interesting is posting in this anyway. I'll just come back later.
    So what about all those other news outlets in the world like BBC and pretty much all major newsoutlets in the world? oh they are fake news too or?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    So what about all those other news outlets in the world like BBC and pretty much all major newsoutlets in the world? oh they are fake news too or?
    Everything that doesn't agree with his world view is fake news.

This is getting silly. Tell us dude, what employer qualifies one as a "legitimate journalist"?

breitbart probably since donald instantly went and took a question from them at the so called press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    breitbart probably since donald instantly went and took a question from them at the so called press conference.
    Yeah, noticed they elected to go with "how much should we lick your boots" when they got a question.

Holy shit, Newt Gingrich defended CNN on Hannity.
    What the fuck is happening.
    Stupid doesn't like insane any more than smart likes insane. You will find as time goes on, blue/red, smart/stupid, rich/poor will all want Trump out for the same reason, and that is - chaos destroys, wealth only controls.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Everything that doesn't agree with his world view is fake news.

Thats what the term lugenpresse in Germany have been about since all the way back to the german revolution in the late 1840s it also popped up during the franco german war a few decades later and of course during both world wars,

Dude, they helped a candidate cheat in debates, among other things. But, that right there completely discredits their ability to say they have no bias. This fake news story is just another example.
    Hey, just noticed you completely edited this post. Much more substantive, but still wrong. Donna Brazile didn't write this.