Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Its fine... until you go farm something in old raids. Which is REALLY terrible, like REALLY REALLY. Literally, swp spam. SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP SWP *that's how killing 3 packs prior to Marrowgar in ICC looks like in 7.1.5*.
    I did this mistake yesterday in ICC, went to priest discord to whine and ladies and gentlemen in there gave me a good advice - go holy and holy nova everything. I am sorry that Mind Sear is gone, but I can live with it right now after finally being able to compete on trash damage in m+.
    TL: DR - Holy Nova for old content.

Endgame it's actually great, for leveling and old content it adds 1 gcd, it really isn't a bit deal. You just have to SW;P the target you will flay to mind sear, a slight annoyance for a great endgame positive.

Mind Sear was good... in Naxx.

Mindsear 7.1 vs 7.1.5
    More clunky
    Less damage
    Less Insanity

The only reason to remove Mindsear individual spell is to get around the issue of single target damage potential of Mindsear and Mindflay.

So this change is completely irrational on blizzards behalf and shows they do not have competent class designers working on shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sazabius View Post
    Mind Sear was good... in Naxx.
    Mind Sear was great until late ICC when they introduced a damage cap to all AoE spells

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Why on earth are you leveling as shadow anyway?
    Because I like shadow and disc is boring?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Why on earth are you leveling as shadow anyway?
    The fuck is that? Why people who want to deal damage are leveling as dd? Seriously??
    Some posters definitely took a hit to their sanity since 7.1.5, it looks like
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I love the new sear/cleave style , the only case where i feel that i miss sear is on rly small adds that die in 1-2 sec , where i can't sear on tank and deal some dmg to them.

I'll happily accept this change as a lesser evil for the greater good. The spec is miles better today than it was last week, and our stacked cleave potential has just exploded. Mind sear wouldn't get you anywhere when it came to cleave/AoE in higher M+ whereas now you can keep at least 5 targets fully dotted and refresh them all with the same void bolt. It' not like you need mind sear to clear world content when every mob dies with a misery VT after 850-860ish gear (which is by no means hard to get).

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    1. That does not work with overabundance of caster mobs
    2. Grouping mobs can take even more time than actually spamming swp
    3. I have to remember changing talents to SC before going to old raids, which is unrealistic lol. No, I won't buy books either.

Like it or not, but our ability to farm old raids took serious hit. Still, I'd better have great aoe tools for current content and shit tools for old content, than vice versa
    No it didn't, you just refuse to adapt / don't understand the concept of line of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I'll happily accept this change as a lesser evil for the greater good. The spec is miles better today than it was last week, and our stacked cleave potential has just exploded. Mind sear wouldn't get you anywhere when it came to cleave/AoE in higher M+ whereas now you can keep at least 5 targets fully dotted and refresh them all with the same void bolt. It' not like you need mind sear to clear world content when every mob dies with a misery VT after 850-860ish gear (which is by no means hard to get).
    Here ladies and germs is a thinking person.

Hand of applause because this is the correct post and the only post in this thread that has any value.

I don't know about you guys, but when I level my priest I don't stop... I just run around and dot stuff up and it dies while I am running around dotting more stuff up. I hate leveling just about every other character because they don't have this ability. Mind sear wasn't even on my bars till 110.

It's just significantly easier and it is a small part of your playtime. World content as shadow before you have very good gear has always been painful
    Lol what? Leveling with my shadow priest was even easier than with my BM hunter.. and enemies seem to die much faster than with disc. (at least from 100 to 110)
    only when i first dinged 110 i felt weak until i got some gear.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The issue I have with mind sear being removed is that you can't single target a mob and use SWP if the one you want is close to other mobs. As soon as you MF, you pick up the other mobs.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Quote Originally Posted by tiptopmemer View Post
    Mindsear 7.1 vs 7.1.5
    More clunky
    Less damage
    Less Insanity

The only reason to remove Mindsear individual spell is to get around the issue of single target damage potential of Mindsear and Mindflay.

So this change is completely irrational on blizzards behalf and shows they do not have competent class designers working on shadow.

Mind Sear was great until late ICC when they introduced a damage cap to all AoE spells
    They should have let you toggle the aoe component like rogues did or just fixed mindsear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    Lol what? Leveling with my shadow priest was even easier than with my BM hunter.. and enemies seem to die much faster than with disc. (at least from 100 to 110)
    only when i first dinged 110 i felt weak until i got some gear.
    I levelled shadow too, it wasn't hard at all. Not sure what sort of crazy pulls people were trying. At 100 I could one-shot world mobs with mind blast, not exactly painful.
    Agreed on the fresh 110 experience though, it's rough until you get out of blues.

i like having it mixed into mind flay.

mind sear was weaker than mind flay, and i didn't like using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Agreed on the fresh 110 experience though, it's rough until you get out of blues.
    Fresh 110 is rough for every rdps in Legion, except BM hunter and maybe locks.

Still, I don't understand how people find leveling as disc better. Leveling as disc is as exciting as trying to saw a tree with a tea spoon, and almost as effective too.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    The change is better for current content, but sucks ass for old content.
    It also has made my legendary ring significantly less fun.
    They call it ability pruning, but essentially they've just removed a choice between single target and AoE. Both mind flay and mind sear held a purpose before, and I think it was an unnecessary change to merge them.
    Also, it seems like rogues will always have the drop on us unless we're lucky with a slow-moving shadow crash.
    Bleh. Should've just buffed sear.

I only miss Mind Searing friendly targets to prevent Insanity decay.

Problem is with fast dying targets.... SW:P, 1,2,3, dead, blob, Mindflay.... no AOE, need to recast on other target.... upsy!

I'd rather have it seperated again.