10+ Year Old Account

Blooddrinker or Bloodworms?

Been trying out Blooddrinker and it's REAAALLY good now. My DK is only in 865 gear, but Blooddrinker is healing for 1.3m over 2.5s and that's without VB.

This beats out the recently nerfed Heartbreaker no matter how you look at it.

I was wondering how good Bloodworms is now compared to it. I know that talent also got a major buff.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Blooddrinker till it gets nerfed (which I hope it doesn't)

Deleted
    Bloodworms still aren't competitive with the other options in the row, despite the buffs. They're just too random.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Always use blood drinker now with ST or infrequent cleave. It heals a lot and does a boat load of damage. Heart breaker is still good, but only if you get the juicy cleave or multiple targets. Blood worms still need some buff, but having options in the row is welcome.

Prior to the blood drinker change the way we did Mythic Helya was have each tank take a void zone in P3 on Helya. I would take every breath as a DK and just save VB and pool RP right before each breath. It's close, but 4-5 death strikes with VB up will generally heal it off, even with the breath debuff. We did this because the tanks were there anyway, and we didn't have a lot of immunity classes (also didn't have a priest in the raid, but that's an entirely other thing), so it helped with organization within that phase. Blood drinker just helps heal it off faster, and honestly you don't really miss the RP generation in the other phases because of how the encounter plays out. The increased amount of damage you produce by having blood drinker makes up for it as well.

The spell chunks. On triple crits I've done over 4 million damage with prolonged and RoTFC up. Hopefully they don't nerf it because it's actually a solid ability now.