Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    Exactly so they will. Just make peace with it. He's no hell planet-sized, he fought demons by sword and was fought by Brox.
    Ion said: "We're going to Argus to end the Legion threat once and for all. Just stop that, please. Just stop that whine "ohhh he's so sexy he just caaaaant be defeated". If he's planet-sized ACTUALLY then we will NEVER fight him, because we'd be smaller than atoms compared with him.
    This is just a METAPHORE. His might is so great that he can channel a spell that can like slice a planet in two. Don't be so literal.

Your post is logical in the part when you criticize other candidates. But some "event" is really nothing. You are right about such thing as BUILD UP. So just open your eyes and face the facts.

Sargeras was heavily in focus since announcement.

ALL the Artifact stuff revolves around gaining weapons strong enough to be able to be collectively on toe with the fallen titan.

Alleria and Tyralyon: "You must defeat Balnazzar, Gul'dan and Kil'jaeden before you can fight Sargeras.

No one will be left by 7.3 from the Legion's leaders. Only ONE option actually remains. He will likely appear several times and will arrive to Argus in his full power.

He was the only person in such focus through Legion and that is a build up, as clear as Lich King, Deathwing and Garrosh.

We'll have entire Army of the Light, Naaru, Velen, Illidan, Khadgar, all the Artifacts, and very likely the Keepers will grant us with all that remains from Titan's spirits and powers.
    With that, we'll be able to fight him, Naaru and Light weaken his attacks, we weaken him enough and then Illidan will explode Argus and focus all that energy onto him.
    So he'll be pretty dead by the end of expansion.
    And the least case - is that he, like Norgannon, will be able to save a tiiiiiny part of his power into somewhere of someone. A little cliffhanger.
    But Legion will be beheaded and scattered from now and then.

And take this to help cease Sargy-fanboy-syndrome butthurt:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...oiler-warning)
    Khad'gar will return to being the boy that he was when he waltz'd into Karazhan, but now a little different... a little darker...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post

Theory: We blow up Argus to destroy Sargeras. Argus is a dead hunk of stone that's been corrupted with fel for 13.000 years. If it was purposefully detonated like a grenade, blasting whole landmasses at Sargeras in orbit like the universe's biggest bomb, it could destroy Sargeras. And Illidan can definitely accomplish this. Especially with the power of our artifacts.

Will there still be demons? Yes. But they will no longer be a legion.
    I like this idea. We fight an avatar of sargeras who tries to open a portal to summon himself to argus. We destroy the avatar and the portal and in the destruction, sargeras and the entire planet is destroyed. In our hurry to leave we lose our artifact weapons at this final battle (If we will be seeing normal weapon drops again, they will likely do something like this to justify replacing our artifact weapon with a questing green: because our weapon doesnt exist anymore lorewise.)

Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    I like this idea. We fight an avatar of sargeras who tries to open a portal to summon himself to argus. We destroy the avatar and the portal and in the destruction, sargeras and the entire planet is destroyed. In our hurry to leave we lose our artifact weapons at this final battle (If we will be seeing normal weapon drops again, they will likely do something like this to justify replacing our artifact weapon with a questing green: because our weapon doesnt exist anymore lorewise.)
    Leaving our artifacts in our hurry to leave it's a terrible excuse to make us change weapons for the next expansion. Actually these artifacts weapons are more important than us, so if they had to choose between leaving us or them it will probably be us.

Artifacts weapons won't be a thing in the next expansion, but probably we just keep them safe in our class hall until they're needed again.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

I think we will kill Sargeras with some forms of world-exploding spells. Likely portals. Ner'Zhul did it. Illidan did it. Sargeras's physical form was destroyed before when he forced himself through collapsing portal at WoE. It's not impossible. After that I think the story will rapidly shift to the development of Anduin to become the supreme leader of all races. Anduin will grow significantly in power.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Leaving our artifacts in our hurry to leave it's a terrible excuse to make us change weapons for the next expansion. Actually these artifacts weapons are more important than us, so if they had to choose between leaving us or them it will probably be us.

Artifacts weapons won't be a thing in the next expansion, but probably we just keep them safe in our class hall until they're needed again.
    That would be dumb: "hey, lets not use these super powerful weapons we have against a force that threatens to destroy our world, lets use greens instead!".

Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    That would be dumb: "hey, lets not use these super powerful weapons we have against a force that threatens to destroy our world, lets use greens instead!".
    I know, but the system is not going to be carried to the next expansion, so that option seems the most feasible for me.

We sacrifice the power in our artifacts in order for Illidan to use it in his plan for blowing up Argus once we kill Sargeras' final champion, when Sargeras himself appears in the sky over Argus.

At least, that's the easiest way to get rid of them. Either way, Blizz would be smart to make us use up their power in canon, like how the Aspects sacrificed their power to destroy Deathwing.

We sacrifice the power in our artifacts in order for Illidan to use it in his plan for blowing up Argus once we kill Sargeras' final champion, when Sargeras himself appears in the sky over Argus.

At least, that's the easiest way to get rid of them. Either way, Blizz would be smart to make us use up their power in canon, like how the Aspects sacrificed their power to destroy Deathwing.
    What I don't buy in this theory is that 35 heroes sacrifice their 35 artifacts at the same time, seems a little forced to me.

What I don't buy in this theory is that 35 heroes sacrifice their 35 artifacts at the same time, seems a little forced to me.
    Eh, it depends on the rewards. If the trade-off is "Now donate the power of your artifacts, and we will save Azeroth from the Burning Legion" or keeping the artiface, the choice should be pretty easy. I mean, it's what we're there to do, right? Save Azeroth.

What makes less sense to me is that during the next expansion, when the world is no doubt facing a threat at least just as dire, the Heroes of Azeroth leaving these 35 artifacts that slew a 1000 demons, including Gul'dan, Kil'Jaeden and the forces of Argus, behind in a shrine. Not unless these weapons have been drained of their power, and picking up something new that's still powerful will be better.

If you have an Ashbringer with a fully reached potential, brimming with power, you're not just leaving that weapon behind when you're faced with a new world-ending threat.

I mean, Blizzard could do something silly like "The forces of the Void breaking from Azeroth's core have brought forth Void Iron and Titanarium. Metals that can be forged into weapons that are even stronger than your artifact". But I'd honestly prefer if the story of our artifacts ends on a high note. And we all learn a valuable lesson about the meaning of sacrifice.

Eh, it depends on the rewards. If the trade-off is "Now donate the power of your artifacts, and we will save Azeroth from the Burning Legion" or keeping the artiface, the choice should be pretty easy. I mean, it's what we're there to do, right? Save Azeroth.

What makes less sense to me is that during the next expansion, when the world is no doubt facing a threat at least just as dire, the Heroes of Azeroth leaving these 35 artifacts that slew a 1000 demons, including Gul'dan, Kil'Jaeden and the forces of Argus, behind in a shrine. Not unless these weapons have been drained of their power, and picking up something new that's still powerful will be better.

If you have an Ashbringer with a fully reached potential, brimming with power, you're not just leaving that weapon behind when you're faced with a new world-ending threat.

I mean, Blizzard could do something silly like "The forces of the Void breaking from Azeroth's core have brought forth Void Iron and Titanarium. Metals that can be forged into weapons that are even stronger than your artifact". But I'd honestly prefer if the story of our artifacts ends on a high note. And we all learn a valuable lesson about the meaning of sacrifice.
    I know that we, as the good heroes that we are, will be ok with sacrificing our artifacts for the greater good, but I wasn't talking about that. What I mean is that it seems to me a little forced that 35 heroes, specifically, the 35 owners of the artifacts, are at the same time in the same place ready to to give up their artifacts at the same moment.

It makes a lot more sense to me that the stongest weapons that we know of are kept safe within our class halls. We are adventurers, leaving us with the artifacts on our own could lead to the loss of some of them, and to the corruption of some of us, because we know what happens with people that are in power too much time.

It sucks how we keep disagreeing on stuff @Darkarath. I guess we're just going to have to add this to our "Time will tell" list to see who had the right of it, if either of us do .

It sucks how we keep disagreeing on stuff @Darkarath. I guess we're just going to have to add this to our "Time will tell" list to see who had the right of it, if either of us do .
    It doesn't suck at all¡ Forums would be so boring if people agree on everything. I love to read different opinions that make me think in a different way.

Remember that Chronicles II is coming soon and we may see some answers there ¡ And probably lots of new topics to disagree :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I hope the Burning Legion is gone for good after Legion.

I've kinda had enough of it and them.
    Man not me. They killed the scourge off. They killed all but one old god. They killed the dragons and ruined their story by having the aspects lose their powers. There just aren't many classic Warcraft enemies left. Heaven forbid we get more MoP garbage where we fight mogu and mantid. That shit didn't feel at all like Warcraft.

WoW was always about dragons, undead, demons, and old gods as the big baddies and that's what I like.

The ending--- Sargeras learns the folly of his ways and believes the denizens of Azeroth can defeat the Void. He uses his last remaining power to restore the Titans of the Pantheon before he dies. Next expansion is Warcraft in Space with the home city being the Ethereal home world.

N'zoth/azshara expansion
    Final Faction war expansion
    Time skip into final expansion against void lords
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

It doesn't suck at all¡ Forums would be so boring if people agree on everything. I love to read different opinions that make me think in a different way.

Remember that Chronicles II is coming soon and we may see some answers there ¡ And probably lots of new topics to disagree :P
    Heh, still I'd rather not be on opposing sides.

And yes, Chronicles II is one I highly anticipate!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    The ending--- Sargeras learns the folly of his ways and believes the denizens of Azeroth can defeat the Void. He uses his last remaining power to restore the Titans of the Pantheon before he dies. Next expansion is Warcraft in Space with the home city being the Ethereal home world.
    Going into space without cleansing azeroth from the last bits of evil is a pretty bad idea

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Witcher Arafal View Post
    Going into space without cleansing azeroth from the last bits of evil is a pretty bad idea
    The Iron Horde did it so we can try too :P