Brawler guild as a tank\healer?

Back in the days of the first brawler guild, my offspec elem had no enough dps to finish BG last bosses? (The guy with a dino and 3 others). Well, i managed to kill 2 of them, but not the others. And that was with a relatively high ilvl (was raiding with "mythic" guild) but no needed stats or trinkets for elem spec, while my dps friends made it relatively easy.

Is situation the same nowadays, healers and tanks gonna struggle in brawler guild just because of lack of needed stats\trinkets?

Early in brawlers guild v1 I had a problem as protection warrior, but our DPS was utterly gimp at that point.

Late in brawlers guild v2 when i finally started that round, I plowed through it with easy-mode, still as protection warrior. We were in a better place and I was geared out the ass.

It's going to depend heavily upon where your spec is at the moment, and more than that, upon your gear.

Higher ranks need higher dps. The dps requirements for the last ranks are very high, so you need very good gear AND a strong dps spec (hello class balancing). As a tank or healer, you will get problems at some point.

Blizzard have been pretty explicit that, unlike in other areas of the game, the Brawler's Guild is intended for DPS specs and they've not made any concessions to make life easier for tanks/healers.

Just the second boss of rank 1 requires an interrupt to be doable with healer's dps.
    Not very healer friendly.

It's not designed for Healers and Tanks in mind...

/end of

Deleted
    You won't make certain DPS requirements. Brawler is for DPS.

Deleted
    Rank 8 Boss has 52 Million HP. this will be quite impossible to do as a tank imho, even if it would be cool.
    Here is a video of the fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-QU...ature=youtu.be

Deleted
    Brawler's Guild is a DPS playground, it's not designed for Tanks/Healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    Just the second boss of rank 1 requires an interrupt to be doable with healer's dps.
    Not very healer friendly.
    You mean not very non-shaman healer friendly

Quote Originally Posted by iconqt View Post
    Rank 8 Boss has 52 Million HP
    Rip when playing Hunter or Feral.

Quote Originally Posted by subanark View Post
    You mean not very non-shaman healer friendly
    Or druid. Felt easy with rollers going 100% uptime and movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I'm not saying that's important because it clearly isn't.
    It would have been "designed" for tank by halving boss HP and boosting his damage when on enter as tank.
    It would have been "designed" for healer by quartering boss HP and adding a DoT when you enter as healer.
    Make it doable by every role untill rank 4 or 7 and then fine tune rank 8 for DPS only

I'm not asking for rewards or title or mounts. It's just strange to be denied access to this content because some easy "tuning" couldn't be done. The principle sounds fun why not take the easy next step ? Reminds me of Withered army Training that was easy as Tank and a real pain as Healer.
    But w/e, if at some point in my life I absolutly definitly need to do Brawler Guild, I'll learn to DPS. Until then no big loss.
    Last edited by Atharaxie; 2017-01-14 at 05:05 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    They said it best in the Q&A. "Brawler's guild is about fighting, hitting things until they die. It's not a good fit for tanks or healers."

All classes have DPS specs as well.