Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Smile Asked about Trump, Trudeau promises to stand for feminism and diversity

While maintaining that his priority in dealing with the Donald Trump administration will be the Canadian economy, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Thursday night he would never shy away from proclaiming himself a feminist, defending immigration or extolling the contribution of Muslim Canadians.

During a town hall forum in Belleville, Ont., Trudeau was asked about how a Trump presidency would impact Canada's relations with the United States. Trudeau joked that everyone in the audience leaned forward when the question was asked.

As he has in the past, Trudeau focused first on the economic ties between the two countries. He said the Liberal government emphasized those links in their initial discussions with the new administration.

"Canadians expect their government to have a constructive working relationship with the incoming American administration, and that's exactly what we're going to do," he said.

"We're going to make sure that we are fighting for Canadian jobs, Canadian economic growth, for opportunities for Canadians as it regards both our relations with the United States and indeed with the world."

But Trudeau also enumerated his own principles.

"At the same time, Canada is a separate country from the United States and there are things that we hold dear that the Americans haven't prioritized," he said.
    'Immigration is a source of strength'

"And I'm never going to shy away from standing up for what I believe in — whether it's proclaiming loudly to the world that I am a feminist, whether it's understanding that immigration is a source of strength for us and Muslim Canadians are an essential part of the success of our country today and into the future."

The audience applauded.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trud...slim-1.3933742

Based on what I've seen. His comments are definitely in line with most Canadians. Great to see he's not giving in. Mr Trudeau must be accountable to Canadians first and foremost.

So great
    Thanks tennisace

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Based on what I've seen. His comments are definitely in line with most Canadians. Great to see he's not giving in. Mr Trudeau must be accountable to Canadians first and foremost.
    And he must be accountable for accepting gifts from people who get government funding.

Deleted

There needs to be a way to vet immigrants so that they don't become the proverbial Trojan Horse.

You know this.

You can't let evil people prey on your desire to help others.

This is why it always becomes a bit silly trying to debate things like immigration rationally anymore - People generalise these important issues to such an extend to kill off any criticisms of their viewpoints.

Few people would argue that immigration as a whole was a bad thing. It's always been a thing, everyone has "immigrants" at some point in their family try, and people have been moving back and forth between countries forever.

A lot of people argue about certain aspects of it such as -

• Completely uncontrolled + unchecked immigration
    • Immigration with no proper security or background checks on those coming in to the country
    • Large amount of illegal immigrants keeping salaries incredibly low

General "Immigration Good!" "You say otherwise, you're racist" kind of attitudes don't really help with anyone's concerns. .
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

its easy to appear tolerant to problems that don't exist. If there was a Mexico on the border of Canada they'd be singing a different tune. Hell you can't even get into Canada as American if you have a dui, that's just to visit. Meanwhile in California you can cross whenever you want hiding behind your race card of entitlement and hen squat put a few cards to have some anchor babies and live forever on the welfare state.

That doesn't happen in Canada, oddly enough Canada has a more sensible immigration system than America, but less people want to go there

And this is news? More shilling for Canada please.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Another post about immigration. yay.

Trudeau secretly wishes Trump would bang his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    General "Immigration Good!" "You say otherwise, you're racist" kind of attitudes don't really help with anyone's concerns. .
    It doesn't feel like your embracing immigration enough. RACIST!

Justin Trudeau appeals to an easy source of applause, gets it.

What a story.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

"And I'm never going to shy away from standing up for what I believe in — whether it's proclaiming loudly to the world that I am a feminist, whether it's understanding that immigration is a source of strength for us and Muslim Canadians are an essential part of the success of our country today and into the future."

Translation: "Stop talking about Trump, talk about me!"

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Trudeau is basically Virtue Signaling : The prime minister.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilanth View Post
    Trudeau secretly wishes Trump would bang his wife.
    He would most likely clean up the creampie with his tongue afterwards. In good old liberal fashion.
    Last edited by mmocd03f375e36; 2017-01-13 at 03:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    O Canada!
    We like Australia more!
    They play cricket and have prettier girls.
    We've forgiven them for Rolf Harris.
    The True South shrimp barbie!

Deleted
    I applaud Canada being open for immigrants. Let's hoard all the immigrants from South Europe together and ship the over asap!

As far as the feminism part, that doesnt mix at all with wanting more of those immigrants. Those immigrants we ar talking about want LESS rights for women.

Some Canuk lecturing the US on immigration is fucking hilarious. I'm sure you are doing great up there, with your six fucking immigrants, all of whom are legal. We have over 300 million immigrants, and far more diversity than any nation in the world. Get over yourself Canadia, you are not even a real country. You have someone else's Queen lording over you. At least the EU nations that have kings and queens have their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    O Canada!
    We like Australia more!
    They play cricket and have prettier girls.
    We've forgiven them for Rolf Harris.
    The True South shrimp barbie!
    Lol commenting on "prettier girls" when you haven't been to either country. Real cute.

Let me guess Tenn. You live in the city around a University right? In line with most Canadians.....ahahahaha
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Let me guess Tenn. You live in the city around a University right? In line with most Canadians.....ahahahaha
    Of course. As do most successful people. Where else would I live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol commenting on "prettier girls" when you haven't been to either country. Real cute.
    I have met lots of Canadian and Australian women, I make a judgement based on my own experiences.