Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Timewalking Raids

On the front page - Timewalking raids are probably coming at some point. It is a safe bet.

Do you like the idea of this? I think it would be fun but I'm concerned about what rewards would look like. The MC Remake was aweful.

Queueable content with more than 10 people in a group tends to be pretty clusterfuck as LFR (including that MC crap) has turned out to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it is easy to implement I think it is a great idea. Blizz has so much content that is pseudo wasted because it has little max level benefit (no benefit outside of xmog). Should blizzard delay the release of a new expansion by 1-2 months for this feature... heck no. 1-2 weeks, sure why not.

I don't even do timewalking dungeons anymore because I find them pointless. I did them at first for the mounts which I have (including rare drop). I wonder if the raids would actually be made interesting considering lack of mechanics in early raids.

Deleted
    Give ICC to the people. Just don t make it as easy as the TW dungeons

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fenderiarhs View Post
    Give ICC to the people. Just don t make it as easy as the TW dungeons
    If its queueable it WILL be as easy, but if blizz makes it non-queueable the LFR "raiders" and people who "cant commit to a ingame schedule" will complain.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I don't get the point of any Time walking. Who wants blue gear? Even for fresh alt characters you get showered in purples pretty early..

TWalking Raids could be fun though.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

well that MC timewalk thing was pretty terrible

so i have some reservations

I don't get the point of any Time walking. Who wants blue gear? Even for fresh alt characters you get showered in purples pretty early..

TWalking Raids could be fun though.
    it's not rly for the gear is it?

it's mainly for

a: a way to experience old content you didnt get to see in a relevant way,
    b: get additonal rewards like AP, coin, etc
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-01-13 at 03:38 AM.

Deleted
    I find the idea of it very cool, although I doubt it would actually be challenging in a way, they would just turn out like the current timewalking dungeons we have now: easy, we do 5 for the weekly quest and then don't do them again (unless you don't have the mount)

good idea but they should be properly tuned. not like the dungeons are ... you stomp everything

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good idea but has to be properly tuned.

As mentioned you make it a queue system and it probably has to sacrifice some of the tuning. This hits the masses more, but arguably detracts from some of the experience in my opinion.

The other way is to make it only doable with a pre-set group, tune it to be moderately difficult and actually reward something nice for doing it. When I say difficult, I mostly mean just do mechanics properly. Also I would probably exclude bosses devoid of any real mechanics. No reason you should have bosses like Golemagg, or even Garr in Timewalking.

Timewalking raids, at least how I would design it would be a pre-set group, and scaled so that they aren't blown over. Failing mechanics would cause wipes, and as a result the reward could actually be something useful. I'd probably cut all the trash out of the Timewalking raid and make the entire point of the system be boss focused. Also instead of doing all of Molten Core, you would just do 1-3 bosses per 'instance'.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    On the front page - Timewalking raids are probably coming at some point. It is a safe bet.

Do you like the idea of this? I think it would be fun but I'm concerned about what rewards would look like. The MC Remake was aweful.
    I honestly kind of like what they did Kara (it could be a bit shorter). Making some into 5mans would be fun af, the gear should be similar to the original gear (looks wise) but be nice if they made it look slightly upgraded. Rather than how it was in Kara just random fugly ass gear bothers me. Also how Kara is not top tier but an intermediate step is kind of how the original raid fit into gearing up.

Overall I'm definitely behind timewalking raids, not making them as easy as lfr but still making them relatively accessible to people.

My guess us they are probably going to just recycle all LFR raids that exist as they can easily be scaled (health/damage as well as player count wise).
    It's difficulty would be en par with the difficulty when the raid was current, and they also give gear with the same itemlevel as current LFR.

It'll likely be very similar to the 10th Anniversary MC event.

In other words, LFR-level difficulty and ultimately not really fun. ._.

I think the best case scenario for Timewalking raids would be non-queueable flexible raids tuned about as hard as heroic raids are today with the gear scaling tech that is already applied to TW dungeons. Anything less would have to remove or trivialize too many mechanics to give a good experience of the raid when it was current and betray the nostalgia of those who raided it in its time.

However, given how much QQ the lack of a queue for Mythic Dungeons has generated this expansion as well as the constant suggestion that normal/heroic raids be queueable, I highly doubt that TW raids will not be queueable. Because they will likely be queueable, they will also likely be extremely easy. Therefore, TW raids will likely just be LFR set in an old raid; no mechanics, shitty players, and bad gear. I'm not very excited for that. It'll probably be fun in the same kind of way that having your grandpa come back as a zombie would be fun. It'll be great to hang out for a little while, but you want to get out of there before he tries to eat your brains and it ruins your memories together.

I also don't think they'd take the time to make an LFR version and a Heroic version just for the fun little side content that TW is. I hope I'm wrong, though. I think really good TW raids would satiate much of the hunger for legacy servers.

Additionally, I don't think the MC anniversary event is a very good analog for TW raids for a number of reasons:

• It was created as a one-off, throw-away event; I doubt much time or effort went into it. That's why it had to be hotfixed so many times.
    • It was 40 people. Raids don't work well with that many people. That's why we haven't had 40-man raids since Vanilla.
    • MC is a terrible raid by today's standard and they stayed true to it for the most part (albeit with heavy nerfs).

It can be done so much better with more effort, less people, and a better raid (TK, Uld, ICC, ToT, etc.).

Timewalking raids for me, would be raids from wrath and newer expansions on today's normal mode difficulty, having to walk inside (no auto-queueing) and each boss rewarding normal difficulty gear, with the last boss rewarding heroic. Killing X Timewalking bosses rewards 1 cache of mythic gear and 1 bonus roll (weekly quest just like the ones we have now). This should give players an incentive to run these.

Edit: Or have it be queue-able with a preset group (like mop flex, which in fact is today's normal mode). That way, these raids could be split in wings.
    Last edited by ceall; 2017-01-13 at 02:56 PM.

Yeah no thanks.

As long as they keep them LFR difficulty. Timewalking is meant for nostalgia, so just keep it really easy, maybe just make the fights a bit longer so people see all mechanics, just not making them deadly/raid wipe-capable

I still can't fathom how people didn't have an absolute blast with the MC remake. No one knew what was going on and it was a total clusterfuck... and it was great! Then again, I also liked the pre-WotLK event. Chaos is fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Timewalking raids for me, would be raids from wrath and newer expansions on today's normal mode difficulty, having to walk inside (no auto-queueing) and each boss rewarding normal difficulty gear, with the last boss rewarding heroic. Killing X Timewalking bosses rewards 1 cache of mythic gear and 1 bonus roll (weekly quest just like the ones we have now). This should give players an incentive to run these.

Edit: Or have it be queue-able with a preset group (like mop flex, which in fact is today's normal mode). That way, these raids could be split in wings.
    I agreed somewhat until the mythic gear cache. Why reward a normal-mode difficulty raid with mythic gear? Personally I would do those weekly quests exactly like the mission raid quests: Depending on how many bosses you have downed in Normal/Heroic/Mythic, you will receive an item from the respective difficulty. That would be fair to anyone (besides ridiculous titanforging luck).