Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Octagonecologyst View Post
    There's no synergy to be found, nothing flows together well and I found the whole experience about as smooth as a bed made of nails. It's all so disjointed and the visuals are just pure crap.

What you need to keep in mind is that the numbers don't matter one bit. If you can keep up with the faceroll hunters, good on you, but it doesn't matter. Warlocks are very good number wise for example, but their playstyle is still disjointed crap.

I *want* Survival 3.0 to succeed, but it plays badly.
    What do you mean nothing flows together? Do you have any clue on how to actually play the spec? Aside from you're opener, it's mostly spamming mongoose bite and flanking strike while keeping up DoTs. Maybe you just don't have the gear for it or aren't good at the spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    What do you mean nothing flows together? Do you have any clue on how to actually play the spec? Aside from you're opener, it's mostly spamming mongoose bite and flanking strike while keeping up DoTs. Maybe you just don't have the gear for it or aren't good at the spec.
    There's 0 synergy to be found in any of your abilities and all your buttons work independently of each other. Even the use of focus feels like a complete afterthought. Even your prime-time mongoose spam is disjointed from everything else you do.

Nothing clicks or works together and you simply cannot argue against that. Truth be told, you're literally the first person I've seen see try to argue that Survival has a smooth rotation.

And since you made some rather dumb assumptions about me, I'm just gonna assume you started in this expansion and have never tried any other spec or class.

There's 0 synergy to be found in any of your abilities and all your buttons work independently of each other. Even the use of focus feels like a complete afterthought. Even your prime-time mongoose spam is disjointed from everything else you do.

Nothing clicks or works together and you simply cannot argue against that. Truth be told, you're literally the first person I've seen see try to argue that Survival has a smooth rotation.

And since you made some rather dumb assumptions about me, I'm just gonna assume you started in this expansion and have never tried any other spec or class.
    Yeah I just started playing this game with my 2009 join date lmao. How does the use of focus feel like an after thought? Do you not have enough haste to where you can dump all of it? Maybe its just the legendary boots that smooth out the rotation because whenever I'm focus starved it's usually time to refresh one of my traps anyways. All you've said so far is how it has 0 synergy but have yet to explain how it lacks any synergy. Again, I just don't think you understand how to play the spec correctly or just don't have the correct gear for it.

Deleted
    Yeah I just started playing this game with my 2009 join date lmao. How does the use of focus feel like an after thought? Do you not have enough haste to where you can dump all of it? Maybe its just the legendary boots that smooth out the rotation because whenever I'm focus starved it's usually time to refresh one of my traps anyways. All you've said so far is how it has 0 synergy but have yet to explain how it lacks any synergy. Again, I just don't think you understand how to play the spec correctly or just don't have the correct gear for it.
    None of your abilities play off against each other.

That's about as simple as I can make it. You're still the odd one out for saying Survival feels smooth. And haste is quite literally the least of my issues.

Go run a Death Knight or Fury Warrior trial or something.

None of your abilities play off against each other.

That's about as simple as I can make it. You're still the odd one out for saying Survival feels smooth. And haste is quite literally the least of my issues.

Go run a Death Knight or Fury Warrior trial or something.
    What are you talking about none of your abilities play off each other? For the third time, I don't think you really know how to play the spec. I don't find running WotMN over AI because it's nearly impossible to keep up 100% uptime on it while maintaining DoTs and mongoose stacks. Playing AI will give you a much better synergized rotation as with 2piece and enough gear, almost every flanking strike will grant you a charge of mongoose bite. Adding in legendary boots increases the rotation synergy even more because as I said, it allows me to refresh my traps while being able to gain focus for an extra flanking strike to get me another stack of mongoose bite or just an extra raptor strike to refresh serpent sting.

I've played this game for 12 years. I started out as a fury warrior and played that up until Sunwell where I switched to a DPS feral druid up until Legion where I've bounced around from Enhance Shaman to Shadow Priest and now to my Survival Hunter which I've been wanting to play since the beginning of the expansion. I've got 9 classes at 110 with 2 of them being 900+, 4 of which are 890+, and the rest are hovering around the 875 mark. You've seriously made yourself look foolish in all of your posts. I've held multiple rank 1 parses on multiple classes/specs throughout my time playing WoW. Please don't speak of things of which you know nothing of.

Deleted
    What are you talking about none of your abilities play off each other? For the third time, I don't think you really know how to play the spec. I don't find running WotMN over AI because it's nearly impossible to keep up 100% uptime on it while maintaining DoTs and mongoose stacks. Playing AI will give you a much better synergized rotation as with 2piece and enough gear, almost every flanking strike will grant you a charge of mongoose bite. Adding in legendary boots increases the rotation synergy even more because as I said, it allows me to refresh my traps while being able to gain focus for an extra flanking strike to get me another stack of mongoose bite or just an extra raptor strike to refresh serpent sting.

I've played this game for 12 years. I started out as a fury warrior and played that up until Sunwell where I switched to a DPS feral druid up until Legion where I've bounced around from Enhance Shaman to Shadow Priest and now to my Survival Hunter which I've been wanting to play since the beginning of the expansion. I've got 9 classes at 110 with 2 of them being 900+, 4 of which are 890+, and the rest are hovering around the 875 mark. You've seriously made yourself look foolish in all of your posts. I've held multiple rank 1 parses on multiple classes/specs throughout my time playing WoW. Please don't speak of things of which you know nothing of.
    ...Using a trap because you have nothing else to do (Which is flat out impossible in any gameplay scenario, legendaries or not) is just not synergy.

"I'm the top dog in all my classes and I have 300 confirmed kills in Afghanistan" - Yes, yes, you're big a guy.

Look, we're just gonna have to accept that we're at an impasse.

...Using a trap because you have nothing else to do (Which is flat out impossible in any gameplay scenario, legendaries or not) is just not synergy.

"I'm the top dog in all my classes and I have 300 confirmed kills in Afghanistan" - Yes, yes, you're big a guy.

Look, we're just gonna have to accept that we're at an impasse.
    Using a trap because you have nothing else to do? Thanks for proving my point in that you have no fucking idea on how to play a Survival Hunter. Jesus Christ....

Deleted
    Using a trap because you have nothing else to do? Thanks for proving my point in that you have no fucking idea on how to play a Survival Hunter. Jesus Christ....
    I was paraphrasing you. I was not referring to me at all.

You need to calm the fuck down, my man.

I was paraphrasing you. I was not referring to me at all.

You need to calm the fuck down, my man.
    Traps are part of your rotation. Your reading comprehension isn't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    dude get out, that play style is a shadow of what surv was. A god dam shadow.

And FYI Surv was basically the same from wotlk to legion...there were small iteration but nothing like this.

At this moment in WOW every Hunter spec had a better version of the spec in a previous xpac....there has been 0 improvements to the hunter class.

To those surv hunter that enjoy melee all the power to you...but you already had , 2 warrior specs, 2 DK specs, 3 rogue specs, 1 druid spec, 1 pally spec, 1 monk spec, 1 shaman spec..and a new DH spec to choose from.

This was one of the major first mess up by blizzard this xpac...and all these mess up are starting to compound. (the latest ilevel scaling crap is really grinding me gears).

Here is hoping the melee hunter dies in the next xpac....doubt it but i can hope.
    Yes and as ranged you have the same if not more specs to choose from. The current survival iteration is fine, honestly I wish they'd kept old SV and got rid of MM (to make a melee spec). My only problem with current sirvival is it's WAY too much of a priority spec with generally no rotation. I know everyone hates rotations and loves priorities (I do too) but having your number one priority spell also BASICALLY be your filler is a little bit annoying diring prolonged periods of ST.

Deleted
    Traps are part of your rotation. Your reading comprehension isn't very good.
    Did you know that standing in the fire is bad?

Yeah, you and I are more or less done I'm afraid.

Did you know that standing in the fire is bad?

Yeah, you and I are more or less done I'm afraid.
    Lol you've provided nothing to the discussion other than showing your lack of knowledge on the spec. You harped on the spec not having any synergy but when being presented with facts, you do nothing but try and make clever comments to cover up the fact that you really don't know what you're talking about. You haven't said a single thing that would suggest otherwise. So I guess we are done here.

Deleted
    Lol you've provided nothing to the discussion other than showing your lack of knowledge on the spec. You harped on the spec not having any synergy but when being presented with facts, you do nothing but try and make clever comments to cover up the fact that you really don't know what you're talking about. You haven't said a single thing that would suggest otherwise. So I guess we are done here.
    I was not under the impression your unsubstantiated ramblings counted as facts, but if you wanna live in your own little fantasy world and play god, then you're more than welcome to, chief. Free country and all.

I was not under the impression your unsubstantiated ramblings counted as facts, but if you wanna live in your own little fantasy world and play god, then you're more than welcome to, chief. Free country and all.
    Ramblings? You said no abilities played off each other. When presented with the facts that animal instincts drastically increases how your abilities play off one another you take that as nonsensical rambling? Or when presented with the fact that the legendary boots also bring in another element of your abilities playing off one another. What about the fact that you are using mongoose bite to gain stacks in order to use your artifact ability? You've provided nothing other than trying to protect your stupidity.

I also wasn't aware the internet was a country.

Deleted
    Ramblings? You said no abilities played off each other. When presented with the facts that animal instincts drastically increases how your abilities play off one another you take that as nonsensical rambling? Or when presented with the fact that the legendary boots also bring in another element of your abilities playing off one another. What about the fact that you are using mongoose bite to gain stacks in order to use your artifact ability? You've provided nothing other than trying to protect your stupidity.

I also wasn't aware the internet was a country.
    .....Flanking Strike reducing the cooldown...of Flanking Strike is still not synergy

You can say what you want about my reading comprehension, but your command of the English language leaves a lot to be desired. You have not given me anything that could resemble a fact, you have merely shared your opinion, as have I.

And like I mentioned, we're both at an impasse and have not been moving any ground. And acting like monkeys in a zoo will not change that.

This is my final reply to you. And that my friend, is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogchow View Post
    Old survival was definitely fun, but this new one is even more fun than the old survival imo. I'm biased because I enjoy being melee.
    Something truly in common with the player-base that deliberately picked Hunter as their "mains" - pre Legion, that is.

-

On topic: I find the change, especially since it took over an actual existing spec instead of simply adding a new one, to be completely moronic.

It probably helped the Class by introducing people that were put off by the Ranged-Only factor it had and was entertaining for the novelty value but, once that wore out, people that favored melee specs simply went back to their mains and the vast majority of the pre-existing hunters that, well, picked the class because of the several play-styles at ranged distance, kept themselves to - surprise - the ranged speccs.

10+ Year Old Account
    @hawtlol Let it go. He has no idea what he's talking about and his replies are like "lol they dont work together obviously!"
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    @hawtlol Let it go. He has no idea what he's talking about and his replies are like "lol they dont work together obviously!"
    When your one and only example of Hunter synergy is Animal Instincts and using traps in your non-existent downtime, then you're the one with no clue I'm afraid.

Do feel free to actually engage in debate.

.....Flanking Strike reducing the cooldown...of Flanking Strike is still not synergy

You can say what you want about my reading comprehension, but your command of the English language leaves a lot to be desired. You have not given me anything that could resemble a fact, you have merely shared your opinion, as have I.

And like I mentioned, we're both at an impasse and have not been moving any ground. And acting like monkeys in a zoo will not change that.

This is my final reply to you. And that my friend, is a fact.
    Flanking Strike - http://www.wowhead.com/spell=202800/flanking-strike

"Flanking strike has double the normal chance to trigger Hunting Companion"

Hunting Companion - http://www.wowhead.com/spell=191334/...ting-companion

"Your pet's attacks have a 4% chance to grant you an additional charge of Mongoose Bite."

Animal Instincts - http://www.wowhead.com/spell=204315/animal-instincts

"Flanking Strike also reduces the remaining cooldown by 3 sec of a random one of the following abilities:

Flanking Strike
    Mongoose Bite
    Aspect of the Eagle
    Harpoon"

Nesingwary's Trapping Treads - http://www.wowhead.com/item=137034/n...rapping-treads

"Equip: Gain 25 Focus when one of your traps is triggered."

When did I say traps were used as downtime? Not once. I said they were apart of the Survival Hunter rotation which apparently is a concept that you cannot grasp. You will not pull max DPS if you are not using traps. You have 0 clue on what it's like to play Survival.

This went better than I expected.