Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    But it's not the largest change to ever happen. Feral/Guardian splitting it onseperate specs and 2 of the 3 DK specs going from being tank and melee to being 1 tank specific and 2 dps specific are on par. Outlaw is a far cry from what Combat actually played as. The fact that SV went from range to melee is a big change doesn't negate the other changes classes and specs have had thru the years. You have tried to say that range to melee is completely different because it's the first instance this has happened, but that's only close to being 100% accurate, yet it is not completely.
    Your 2nd point, you keep talking about the Hunter playerbase. To which I've never really disputed and won't start now. That being said, there has been growth, regardless of how small which means more players are trying it and even sticking with it. You know what rosebud has had "rare sightings" thru the years? Sub Rogues have had major patches where they were almost nonexistent outside of PVP despite being some of the highest dps/damage at the time. Enhancement Shamans have had their times where seeing one felt like you had just spotted Bigfoot.
    Look what's happened thru the years. There has been dropoffs followed by huge gains followed by dropoffs. Sure, SV is unpopular now, it has been pointed out, it's premiere was done at a shitty time (introduction of a new melee class), there's stigma that "hunters must be rdps," etc, etc.
    I still think it would have been in the best interest of everyone to have made a 4th spec, but that didn't happen.
    And your comparison of the changes to druid and DK are still apples to oranges. They were melee specs that were changed from one type of melee to another, dps to tank. That still does not compare to the change of a ranged being turned into melee. There have been instances of ranged spells given to melee, and vice versa, but never has a spec had it's entire foundation changed in the way SV has.
    And I agree the best option would have been a 4th spec, but that is not the way Blizzard chose to go, nor do I believe will it be a choice they will make in future.

Deleted
    i loved Wotlk survival

I do.

New Survival is convoluted and not fun.

Hoping they ditch the melee idea for next expansion. As it stands right now, SV has some limited PvP appeal and it's a total pariah in the raid scene.
    Last edited by Riistov; 2017-05-10 at 07:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss WotLK/BC surv specifically... Surv felt so good back then.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

In a way, I really do miss the old SV. In another way, I have been enjoying fiddling around with the new spec whenever I am bored and want to spice up my world quests. It is a mixed feeling.