Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Now I lvled my druid to 110 and got it to ilvl 880, but mother of god ST dps rotation seems boring as hell? Am I missing something?

Well, compared to what class/specc? ^^ I don't find it more entertaining with "keep everything on cd"-rotations tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foibooze View Post
    Well, compared to what class/specc? ^^ I don't find it more entertaining with "keep everything on cd"-rotations tbh.
    Well its ofcourse subjective, but compared to ele shaman, spriest or fire mage it seems very spam the same skill to gain astral power. IE spam solar wrath until you can cast starsurge and then half moon, new moon and full moon.

For example atleast with ele shaman i can cast, elemental blast, lava or lightning to gain energy, whereas with druid i just spam the same skill over and over until i built up enough. and then rinse repeat.

But maybe i am missing something?

The Balance rotation is very basic indeed. If the gods of RNG blessed you, use the Emerald Dreamcatcher lego for ST rotation. It brings some more complex rotation.
    I really enjoy this static rotation. It allows me to be more aware of my surroundings in a raid and I really like the fact that in my guild, the other two balance druids can't match my dps even though they outgear me. Since there are no procs that I must track, I just focus on better positioning and pooling AP for different phases in the fight when I need to move, setting Starfall on the ground perfectly so I don't stop casting when I'm moving, preparing for add phases etc.

I tried many different range classes that have procs, Fire mage was the most intensive I played on and I can't really enjoy it since I can't predict the procs with 100% certainty.

If you don't enjoy the simple rotation of balance, maybe you should try another class?

Quote Originally Posted by zeoos View Post
    The Balance rotation is very basic indeed. If the gods of RNG blessed you, use the Emerald Dreamcatcher lego for ST rotation. It brings some more complex rotation.
    I really enjoy this static rotation. It allows me to be more aware of my surroundings in a raid and I really like the fact that in my guild, the other two balance druids can't match my dps even though they outgear me. Since there are no procs that I must track, I just focus on better positioning and pooling AP for different phases in the fight when I need to move, setting Starfall on the ground perfectly so I don't stop casting when I'm moving, preparing for add phases etc.

I tried many different range classes that have procs, Fire mage was the most intensive I played on and I can't really enjoy it since I can't predict the procs with 100% certainty.

If you don't enjoy the simple rotation of balance, maybe you should try another class?
    This. I don't like the ED rotation at all. Befor 7.2.5 it was more manageable. I knew I have limited time and I tried my best, now you can combine almost all spells between surges and that throws my focus. I simmed all my legos and the second best is Promise with 60k dps loss, but I feel that if I don't play ED properly, I might lose more dps than with Promise. I pray for a new lego, OI if possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    This. I don't like the ED rotation at all. Befor 7.2.5 it was more manageable. I knew I have limited time and I tried my best, now you can combine almost all spells between surges and that throws my focus. I simmed all my legos and the second best is Promise with 60k dps loss, but I feel that if I don't play ED properly, I might lose more dps than with Promise. I pray for a new lego, OI if possible...
    The new ED is just as simple as the old one if you don't try to perfectly min-max it. The only real complicating factor with the new ED is whisper procs which you could always swap out for an arcano or stat stick.

Obviously you won't be doing your max potential DPS but just maintaining ~100% uptime on ED should be a dps increase over boots.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    The new ED is just as simple as the old one if you don't try to perfectly min-max it. The only real complicating factor with the new ED is whisper procs which you could always swap out for an arcano or stat stick.

Obviously you won't be doing your max potential DPS but just maintaining ~100% uptime on ED should be a dps increase over boots.
    Should is the key word. Idk, maybe I'm not used to it yet, I still do SW+LS from time to time between casts like I know I have 5 seconds but also know that's the max I can cast in 3 seconds -.- brain is farting all over. I manage it ok I guess, but all my attention goes to watching ED timer and Emp LS/SW and Moons. I liked the previous surging more.

Is it worth dropping from 4xT19 to 2xT19 + 2xT20? In that process i got 2% crit, lost 4% haste and got 12% mastery ( changed the neck as well )

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Is it worth dropping from 4xT19 to 2xT19 + 2xT20? In that process i got 2% crit, lost 4% haste and got 12% mastery ( changed the neck as well )
    Sim it but i doubt it, also depends on the Ilvl variance.
    Last edited by Gemini Soul; 2017-06-26 at 11:40 PM.

Ilvl variance = loss/gain in int (stam for surv albeit small). T20 also gets you some QOL with increased ASP for movement. But yeah, sim!

Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post
    IE spam solar wrath until you can cast starsurge and then half moon, new moon and full moon.

But maybe i am missing something?
    Sounds like you are missing empowerments. When you cast a starsurge you get an empowerment stack for each of solar wrath and lunar strike. These make their respective spells hit for around double their normal strength and also cast faster with the talent starlord. Only if you have no empowerments and no moon spells should you spam solar wrath and that will be almost never. The empowerments cap at three so if you have three of one stack you should definitely cast the corresponding spell next but otherwise you can choose which empowerment to spend at any given moment.

It can be quite tricky to both spend all empowerments and not over cap your astral power especially during high movement and high haste periods! You probably will find you cap lunar strike empowerments the most because of the longer cast time so keep an eye on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely give it a sim, but as far as I remember 4pc T19 was worth about 4%, and 2pc T20 is worth about 3%, so if the stat gain is significant then it should surely win.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Definitely give it a sim, but as far as I remember 4pc T19 was worth about 4%, and 2pc T20 is worth about 3%, so if the stat gain is significant then it should surely win.
    Simming it said it is better, but with too much moevement im loosing dps even though i can cast more starsurges. So i switched to 4xT19 and will wait till i get 4xT20

10+ Year Old Account
    Simming it said it is better, but with too much moevement im loosing dps even though i can cast more starsurges. So i switched to 4xT19 and will wait till i get 4xT20
    4pc T19 and 2pc T20 are basically the same thing in that regard though, right? 4pc T19 is extra SS direct damage, and 2pc T20 is extra SS crit damage (plus the AP pooling but that's largely irrelevant for ST). So movement will affect both bonuses the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    4pc T19 and 2pc T20 are basically the same thing in that regard though, right? 4pc T19 is extra SS direct damage, and 2pc T20 is extra SS crit damage (plus the AP pooling but that's largely irrelevant for ST). So movement will affect both bonuses the same way.
    Yeah but it depends on crit and my crit dropped when i changed few more items. I did got 3m starsurge crits, without Incarnation buff. But lost too much haste so building up Astral Power and then spending it on 5 Starsuges that dont crit is kidna dps loss. I think i had about 25% crits on SS

I have found more success going for 20+ crit than exclusively chasing mastery/haste as well.

yeah but it depends on crit and my crit dropped when i changed few more items. I did got 3m starsurge crits, without incarnation buff. But lost too much haste so building up astral power and then spending it on 5 starsuges that dont crit is kidna dps loss. I think i had about 25% crits on ss
    f e e l y c r a f t i n g

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    f e e l y c r a f t i n g
    oh noes the memms from discord have infiltrated us!!!

The Balance rotation is boring

Quote Originally Posted by TonnyJok View Post
    The Balance rotation is boring
    Constructive and enlightening. Thank you for your input. Here, have a report.