Why should I level tailoring when gear from world drops and PvP are easier to come by

Title pretty much..

I mean, 1 BG win and you are guaranteed a ilvl 820-830 reward (already better then baseline 800 tailoring), and gear from world quests comes in abundance, also better then baseline 800 tailoring.

I'm fairly fresh 110 so I really don't know the upgrade possibility of crafted gear, but is it worth it to start making and upgrading crafted gear?
    I won't be raiding much, mostly m+

Thanks,

Deleted
    For the carpet mount obviously

I think it is pretty widely acknowledged that tailoring is one of the more useless professions in this expansion. Prime example of this would be the "comfy riding blanket"

I'd say it depends, if you're going to be dedicated to it, level it, because crafted gear will be able to go more powerful as the expansion goes on. If you just want it for quick gear and to get into normals I wouldn't bother.

Like you said you can get 820 in Bgs, WQ have gear, Timewalking is soon I believe, and that is a lootfest. But easiest way to do it? Set up your own mythic run for each dungeon, put in 845+ and be paitent, you'll fill it in 10-20 mins. On both my alts I do this, its quick gearing. although I got lucky, I had 835s from timewalking, so people were able to trade me the loot they didn't want. If theres a gap of 25ilvl or more between the item and what you have on now (that specific slot) then you can't trade it.

Soon as you get your own keystone, again make a group and title it like... "VH Mythic +2, My stone your carry, 860+" again, youll fill it and most people are nice enough to trade at the end.

The issue is keeping the gear from higher content rewarding, and not having crafted be a way to simply bypass earning it.
    I think as restrictive as it was, a more competitive item level of crafted with a equipped restriction worked better.
    So that the crafted gear wasn't simply outclassed by everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Tailoring also has bags, sells fast on the AH.

Tailoring gear with Obliterum upgrades (which are not that expensive) is 865. WQ rewards at highest are 845 so to get it 20+ item levels higher you would need to be really lucky with titan/warforge.
    "no beards on female dwarves = ruined roleplay experience"

A lot of WQs offered by the Kirin Tor in Dalaran daily are excellent income for Blood of Sargeras actually. They oftentimes ask for a simple silkweave hood (made from like 13 clothes) and offer 10 Bloods in return. Good business in my eyes.
    So yeah, technically it IS useful, if only for getting bloods from World Quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone needs bags if youre using your prof to make money
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Thanks for super useful replies!

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We need a return of soulbound crafted gear that is a pain in the ass to make but stays relevant fpr a long time. (Like in BC)
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Obvously you wannt to level tailoring as quickly as possible to sell those highly sought for saddle blankets.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Obvously you wannt to level tailoring as quickly as possible to sell those highly sought for saddle blankets.
    Proof that Blizz is the ultimate troll.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I can currently make myself ilvl 865 gear with the secondaries i want.

If i'm not raiding or doing mythics+, it is pretty unlikely that i will get it from other sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    I think it is pretty widely acknowledged that tailoring is one of the more useless professions in this expansion. Prime example of this would be the "comfy riding blanket"
    From a long-terms perspective, the only useful Professions now are Alchemy, Inscription, and Enchanting.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

Damn..I missed that. How does it work (stopped following my tailoring questline, I admit)
    You craft the basic blue item until you get the desired secondaries. Then you upgrade it with obliterium.

You shouldn't. Tailoring in Legion is worthless.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though