Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Would you want Sargeras to be the final boss of legion

Would you want Sargeras to be the final boss of legion?

It does make sense with this being a legion expansion and him being the leader of the legion. There would be problems too though like the significant power difference.

*Sees Sargeras Cleave A Planet*

Hell No...

To the No No...NOOOO!!

Hell to the no. Hell Naw, TO THE NAW NAW...NAWWWW...

Naw naw, to the Naw naw..To the naw naw..To the naw naw (HELL NOOOOOO!!!!!!!)))))) To the naw naw naw, naw. To the No no, To the No no. HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter what you'd want ultimately it will be him.

15+ Year Old Account
    As long as we don't land the final blow. The one to kill him should be some combination of Velen and the Titan Azeroth.

Either that or it'll cut to a dumb cinematic where he gets swarmed by Wisps.

Overall though I feel Sargeras's fate should be left to the heavy lore characters in a cinematic in order to grant him the scale that he would need.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

I hope not because he hasn't had enough been build up enough. We just happen to know his name but he hasn't done anything in-game yet, and I doubt that the Argus patch is enough for him to develop. He could actually be a final boss if we only prevend him from destroying Azeroth, but not actually killing him. He should be significant enough to play a much bigger role when WoW is about to end, being one of the big bad villains of the game.

If its not Sargeras then its hard to guess who will be in 7.3.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I hope not because he hasn't had enough been build up enough. We just happen to know his name but he hasn't done anything in-game yet, and I doubt that the Argus patch is enough for him to develop. He could actually be a final boss if we only prevend him from destroying Azeroth, but not actually killing him. He should be significant enough to play a much bigger role when WoW is about to end, being one of the big bad villains of the game.

If its not Sargeras then its hard to guess who will be in 7.3.
    Everything points to Sargeras being the final boss, but this is also my biggest problem - he's been mentioned like, what, 7 times throughout WoW's history? And even then it's always only been by name. Superfans (like people who visit lore forums) know a whole lot about him, but the vast majority of the player base wouldn't even recognise the name. As it stands, he's a horrible villian to cap off an expansion (unless he possessed a major lore character like Khadgar, who became the villain). There's just no exposure to him yet.

On the other hand, I feel like we'll need to deal a hefty blow to cap off an expansion called Legion. Maybe we'll fight him (hopelessly) and the Void Lords or Old Gods or something'll get up to some shenanigans to simultaneously save Azeroth and kick off the next expansion.

No because it''s very hard to make him raid boss and give him proper justice considering his descrption from lore materials. Like people have said already we didn't even see a glimpse of him and writing him off for good in one patch time would be a waste. He probably has knowledge about in workings of the universe rivaled by nothing we saw so far and his motives are probably more deep than simple warmongering brute bent on destroying everything.

Also not sure why everyone think because expansion is called Legion that this must be end of Sargeras. You can dismantle Burning Legion by killing demon generals whose purpose was to keep demons, who are otherwise disobedient and chaotic, in check, Without them Legion becomes unorganied and lawless and you could say it's end of organized Burning Legion as a threat.

Sargeras could easly fit in Void story arc as his main reason for even creating Legion was to stop Void Lords. Cutting Sargeras off from Void story would be wasted potential IMO.

Dude is like the most interesting entity we'll eventually meet in WoW and some of you guys are bent on killing him in one patch lol.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-02-05 at 08:27 AM.

Sargeras will most likely be the final boss in some way. My guess though, is that whatever we face at the end wont be just him, but also Old God related. Like he is resurrected and the Old Gods possess his body or something. His plans always seem foiled and the Old Gods always seem to be one step ahead of everyone and only ever thwarted by us.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Sargeras will most likely be the final boss in some way. My guess though, is that whatever we face at the end wont be just him, but also Old God related. Like he is resurrected and the Old Gods possess his body or something. His plans always seem foiled and the Old Gods always seem to be one step ahead of everyone and only ever thwarted by us.
    Either that or we'll see a void lord consume him when he is weakened.
    Or we'll just kick his ass with whatever army we have (AotL, Exodar, etc)

I hope the boss fight is several stages though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer Sylvannas as the final boss.

Deleted
    he would just one shot everyone...

Deleted
    Only to see him would be enough for me personally.

Deleted
    It won't make any sense without the other Titans, so they best bring them back aswell.

If they do, then it will be an epic cosmic battle we will take part in.

Just us vs Sargeras... no. That completely murders the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    This is what I'd like. He makes a really strong Avatar to face us on the ground on Argus (one that would actually cost him to make) so when we kill that Avatar he is actually weakened. Then we blow up whatever superweapon we make to face him which is enough to damage him but not nearly enough to kill him. He gets ready to just fuck Argus up to get rid of us and then Varimathras shows up, reveals that the Nathrezim have kept serving the Void Lords all along and were just waiting for a moment of weakness and rips open a hole to the Void. A void lord manifests and devours Argus and Sargeras while we race to port out; Velen or maybe A'dal? sacrifices himself like Tuure did to banish the Void and we run back to Azeroth.
    That's what I was thinking the other day. It would be cool if Sargeras, in moment of weakness/arrogance whatever, becomes what he fears the most - Dark Titan. And then the only way to stop him and Void Lords' plan is for Azeroth to awaken. This theory wraps up all build up in recent lore very nicely.

Of course this is simplifed version, real one would have more depth and storytelling

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Velen will return from his self-imposed exile, draw upon the combined power of the Pillars of Creation, become a naaru, say some cliche but nonetheless badass movie line about his dead son/family, and sacrifce himself to annihilate Sargeras.

And then we'll have no Velen for the campaign against the Void Lords.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    It won't make any sense without the other Titans, so they best bring them back aswell.

If they do, then it will be an epic cosmic battle we will take part in.

Just us vs Sargeras... no. That completely murders the lore.
    It'll not just be us though. While I hope a void lord consumes him, I have a feeling that Illidan is going to be the one that kills him though.
    Probably infused with all the holy magic he can handle.

But just saying
    There-better-be-a-long-cinematic-waiting-for-us

Cuz if not, then I'll be pissed. You don't kill off Sargeras in a raid and end with a 3 minute cinematic. That shit better be 13 years worth of
    waiting.

Edit: Well kinda longer since we've known about him since early Warcraft.

I would yes but I'm not sure how it would happen with him having no body and all at the moment.

Hope it's epic though.

Judjing by blind fanboyism of the great many of people out here, if Wrath of the Lich King expansion end boss SUDDENLY turned out to be Lich King, they would be all stunned and shocked to the core, creating hundreds of posts about why it would not be truth and the endboss of WotLK will be Nefarian. Or Neptulon.
    So yeah, the creator of the Burning Legion will be the endboss of Legion expansion.
    Oh, so surprising, who could even think of that?

Just go over that damned planet-cleaving metaphore. If he would really be big as planet, we will NEVER fight him. Because it would still make zero point to give players some continent size several expansions later.
    He could be big as Ragnaros or Al'Akir, but that's it.

And just put a little effort to think - how the hell did he fight demons, got wounded by Brox and Aldrachi king? And that was no avatar of him, he got wounded and went absolutely furious, yet he never cared about sacrifising avatar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Velen will return from his self-imposed exile, draw upon the combined power of the Pillars of Creation, become a naaru, say some cliche but nonetheless badass movie line about his dead son/family, and sacrifce himself to annihilate Sargeras.

And then we'll have no Velen for the campaign against the Void Lords.
    While it is possible, it sounds like an overplayed card after Draenor.

Maybe Yrel sweeps in to save the day. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Nah, I am not saying he should be a Dark Titan. I maintain that a Void Lord can fucking eat him. They are sentient black holes and he is just a planet. It seems it is exceedingly difficult for them to manifest and they can only stay up as long as there is matter for them to devour but if one does manifest, it can consume a Titan's matter. Maybe he can survive in spirit form.
    I assumed that if Void Lord ate him he would become Dark Titan. Or more correctly Void Lord would've ability to manifest as Sargeras once he ate him.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-02-05 at 01:55 PM.