Page 12 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    So the company you work for decided to charge you way more for your insurance and its ACA fault?

wish i could say the same about property tax that pays for your kid to go to school but somehow people without kids have to pay for it. Somehow its their responsibility to help pay for your kids education.

i could name a few more uses of our tax dollars that benefit you and not us. How about that mortgage deduction. oh you get a tax break to help pay for your house, but because people rent they don't.

etc etc etc
    These people are perfectly fine being hypocrites.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    Get a grip democrats wake up and smell the coffee Obama care is failing it is on the verge of what is called health insurance death spiral from which to many sick people with preexisting conditions are signing up and not enough younger heathier people to off set the cost and this is why you are seeing insurance companies in droves dropping out and premiums and co pays shy rocketing and it is just going to get worse and worse hence the name death spiral

And no the mandate isn't going to make more younger healthier to sing up because their are to many loopholes to get around not paying the tax/fine
    for example in the Obama care law only way the feds can recoup the tax/fine is from a tax return if you are going to get a refund so all you have to do is change your w4 so you get no refund
    this will upset the ones on the lower income scale because many of those use that tax refund they get every year like a savings account to go buy a car or use on a vacation
    So then what happens when it gets repealed? Does the US go back to the way it was before where people couldn't get insured resulting in large scale bankruptcy or even death? Or does Trump have a plan to actually solve those issues?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Maybe not but they make 30% of what a doctor in the USA makes
    Then so be it. Boo-fucking-hoo if you can't afford to drive around in a $200k car because we as a society decided it was more important to save the lives of the many instead of enriching the few.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

He never said that. He said he wants a PLAN to defeat ISIS in 30 days
    He also said he had a plan months ago... apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    He also said he had a plan months ago... apparently not.
    You forgot to use your Trump Brand Decoder Ring to see what he really said.

And no the mandate isn't going to make more younger healthier to sign up because their are to many loopholes to get around not paying the tax/fine
    for example in the Obama care law only way the feds can recoup the tax/fine is from a tax return if you are going to get a refund so all you have to do is change your w4 so you get no refund
    this will upset the ones on the lower income scale because many of those use that tax refund they get every year like a savings account to go buy a car or use on a vacation
    You are insane or just plain dumb, lower income people usually buy cars because they need it to go to work idk where in the world you got vacation from. You must be one of those Fox news experts who think low income people live the lap of luxury with their refrigerators, tvs and healthy foods.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    You forgot to use your Trump Brand Decoder Ring to see what he really said.
    I never bought one off of his website.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a grip democrats wake up and smell the coffee Obama care is failing it is on the verge of what is called health insurance death spiral from which to many sick people with preexisting conditions are signing up and not enough younger heathier people to off set the cost and this is why you are seeing insurance companies in droves dropping out and premiums and co pays sky rocketing and it is just going to get worse and worse hence the name death spiral

And no the mandate isn't going to make more younger healthier to sign up because there are to many loopholes to get around not paying the tax/fine
    And none of them deserve that huge return because they only paid a fraction of that amount in income tax. Nobody should get a refund of money they never paid into the pot. At most they should get the same amount back that they paid

He never said that. He said he wants a PLAN to defeat ISIS in 30 days
    Is that how it works in Trump's world? I guess he can ask for a cure for cancer in 60 days because God knows scientists are just sitting on their hands with no sense of urgency.

If you think it was so easy to defeat ISIS that all it required was Trump to demand they come up with a plan, then you haven't caught on to the fact that Trump is trying to run the government like a business and it doesn't work like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Then so be it. Boo-fucking-hoo if you can't afford to drive around in a $200k car because we as a society decided it was more important to save the lives of the many instead of enriching the few.
    Which will lead to a shortage of doctors. Less doctors and more people seeking care leads to things like waiting 5 years for a knee replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Seradi View Post
    You really are a garbage human being. Too bad you reproduced.
    Really please explain to me why? I already stated in my opening post that it is a shit deal. It is, I am not denying that. What I am saying is it is not my responsibility to take care of you. The ACA was and is a joke. It has a plethora of things it did right. Twice as many things it did wrong. Not once did it tackle the problem of prescription drugs in the US. Which is a huge cost to many Americans. What it did do was provide 20 million people with free lunch at the expense of others. How is that fair? It's not, but all individual like you and others like you want to talk about is free shit. How it's the Governments job to care for me. Well guess what its not the Governments job to take care of you or provide with you with a living. Is it crappy that the individual I responded to has Cancer yes it is. But he had options to additional coverage called a Cancer policy prior to getting cancer. Would it have a cost, yes it would. One of the primary attributes to the rise in premiums was the fact insurance companies could no longer cap the dollar limit on your plan. Under ACA the basic plan has to cover everything, which was and is still retarded. The entire ACA has done nothing but line the pockets of insurance companies. None of you have even talked about the increase profits these guys have had none of you. All you want to bitch and complain about is getting free shit. So forgive me if I do not give two shits about how or what you think of me. Because none of you look at a much larger picture beyond your own damn back doors.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/insure...rticle/2005073

One article of many.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    So then what happens when it gets repealed? Does the US go back to the way it was before where people couldn't get insured resulting in large scale bankruptcy or even death? Or does Trump have a plan to actually solve those issues?
    from my understanding there is at least a half a dozen plans and they will be debated back and forth till one or a combination of ones is agreed upon
    and if the republican plan fails it will be on republicans not democrats
    what republicans should do if they want to play politics is let Obama inevitably fail before they do anything so democrats will feel the heat and then they swoop in and save the day
    so republicans aren't just doing the country a service by replacing Obama care before it falls apart they are doing democrats a favor
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2017-01-13 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Yet you are perfectly fine with someone else having their insurance jacked up several hundred dollar even though they don't have "anxiety" at all, or at least didn't until they realized how their monthly insurance payment went from $50 a month before the ACA to now almost $700 a month as of this year. You shouldn't be denied coverage just because you have a preexisting condition, but you should expect to be paying more.
    Except "more' is often arbitrary. If I have no record of hospitalization, 200$ more is completely unreasonable. Its basically insurance being greedy. This is why insurance being left free to their own devices is a bad thing.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Which will lead to a shortage of doctors. Less doctors and more people seeking care leads to things like waiting 5 years for a knee replacement
    You're arguments would hold more weight if you used actual, sourced, numbers and not relied on over-exaggeration and fear mongering.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

No, it won't. Doctors in Canada are still paid very well. A person who wants to be a doctor isn't suddenly going to decide to be an Astrophysicist because they can't make $440k a year, and have to settle for $200k.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenius View Post
    So forgive me if I do not give two shits about how or what you think of me. Because none of you look at a much larger picture beyond your own damn back doors.
    This is just fucking golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I kinda hope Trump does single-payer, just to see how the hysterical left would respond.
    See, here's the funny thing.

Single-Payer was originally part of the ACA but political opposition from the right forced the Democrats to compromise it away. Single-payer was seen as "more gubmit", so in order to get the support needed to pass the ACA, single-payer was abandoned.

This was a huge issue back when the ACA was being passed, since people by-and-large had no idea what "single-payer" meant, and the GOP spinned it as bigger government.

I mean, I could go on being hysterical and all, or you could actually fucking read up and educate yourself.

A healthcare history lesson for the GOP - LA Times (2013)
    Fundamentally — and infuriatingly for the Democratic base — Obamacare is inherently a compromise because it is a health insurance reform law rather than an overhaul of the structure of our nation's healthcare system. A significant contingent of Democratic voters and activists has always supported a single-payer healthcare system, in which the government, not private insurance companies, covers healthcare costs for all Americans (think Medicare for all).

This would have been a fundamental transition from our current system, in which most people receive healthcare insurance through their employers (which causes big problems for those who lose their jobs or don't qualify for employer-sponsored healthcare). It is also the approach taken by most other modern democracies around the world, including Canada and much of Western Europe, which have both lower mortality rates and lower costs. Instead of having a huge variety of individual companies, with each collecting a middleman's fee, a single-payer system reaps huge benefits in simplicity and quality control.

Yet the single-payer system had already been compromised away when the final 2009-10 healthcare negotiations began. The deep opposition of some Americans to expanding government presented an insurmountable obstacle to adopting this rational, efficient and humane approach to insuring the health of the people of the nation. Recognizing this political reality, many Democrats compromised, even those who considered the single-payer approach to be by far the best policy.

Instead of pushing for single payer, they rallied around another approach: the "public option." The public option would have preserved the current employer-based system of private health insurance coverage while providing a government-run healthcare insurance alternative as well as a safety net for the uninsured. Importantly, it would have also injected much-needed competition into an environment where private insurance plans are increasingly consolidated.

Still, this compromise of abandoning a single-payer system for a public option was not enough for Republicans and some conservative Democrats. Even though a public option was included in both the House and Senate versions of healthcare reform, politics prevailed and yet another huge concession was made. Instead of a single-payer system or even a public option for those who chose it, Democrats went along with the Obama compromise of adopting RomneyCare, the old Republican plan signed into law by Mitt Romney when he was governor of Massachusetts.
    Democrats: "We want single-payer"

Republicans: "No."

Democrats: "How about a public option so we can have both systems?"

Republicans: "No."

Democrats: "Fine, we'll do it your way."

*law passes*

Republicans: "HEY EVERYONE LOOK, THE ACA DOESN'T WORK!"

Last edited by Krigaren; 2017-01-13 at 09:28 PM.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    You are insane or just plain dumb, lower income people usually buy cars because they need it to go to work idk where in the world you got vacation from. You must be one of those Fox news experts who think low income people live the lap of luxury with their refrigerators, tvs and healthy foods.
    and they use the money they get on their returns to do so believe me I've been there I was once on the lower end of the income scale and I've used my return to buy a newer used car to replace my old one
    as a matter of fact some car lots advertised they will use your W2s as the down payment car sales have always increased that time of year

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Single-payer was seen as "more gubmit", so in order to get the support needed to pass the ACA, single-payer was abandoned.
    You can thank Karen Ignagni and her lobbyist's $173M spent killing the public option.

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    See, here's the funny thing.

Single-Payer was originally part of the ACA but political opposition from the right forced the Democrats to compromise it away. Single-payer was seen as "more gubmit", so in order to get the support needed to pass the ACA, single-payer was abandoned.

This was a huge issue back when the ACA was being passed, since people by-and-large had no idea what "single-payer" meant, and the GOP spinned it as bigger government.

I mean, I could go on being hysterical and all, or you could actually fucking read up and educate yourself.

A healthcare history lesson for the GOP - LA Times (2013)

the right forced the Democrats to compromise it away.? what a crock of shit
    not a single republican voted for it democrats didn't need a single republican vote only deals they had to cut to get it to pass was with other democrats