Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    We're not sure. When her white wife takes her to work, they never get pulled over. When she goes alone it's a few times a week.
    I call bullshit.

Why aren't people recording this shit? You'd think that you'd record yourself everyday if you get pulled over several times a week. If that happened to me, I'd get a dash camera as soon as possible. Hell, I'd go above and beyond that and record my speedometer. So that when it happens I could take them to court and sue the state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Fun Facts:

1) I've been pulled over doing 96 in a 45, passing 3 cars simultaneously in a no passing zone (<3 third gear). The road has no shoulder, just 1 lane each side, in order to find somewhere safe to pull over I had to drive about 4 minutes (flashers on, driving slow) before pulling over into a closed catering place. To add to it I had an army of cops pull up when I pulled over. I didn't end up dead or get the book thrown at me because I was respectful and courteous to the cop.

2) Thanksgiving eve many years ago I was pulled over outside of a local bar, dragged out of my car and accused of drunk driving. I offered simply to take a breathalizer on the spot ( I hadn't drank that night at all), they refused and forced me to parade around doing all sorts of sobriety tests for about 20 minutes that I easily passed.

I was let go with no tickets or any issues because I was courteous and respectful to the cops, when I would have been justified in pushing back.

I was raised that you treat the law with respect and that you fight your battles in court not on the street. Here I am today not dead or in jail and a relatively productive member of society.
    You speak of being raised to treat law with respect, yet the first point you made was you completely disrespecting it, and endangering everyone else on the road. You didn't get book thrown at you due to corruption. Had you done that here, you would not even own a driving license anymore, not to mention very high amount in fines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    You speak of being raised to treat law with respect, yet the first point you made was you completely disrespecting it, and endangering everyone else on the road. You didn't get book thrown at you due to corruption. Had you done that here, you would not even own a driving license anymore, not to mention very high amount in fines.
    I seriously doubt he was telling the truth. You don't get up to 96 when you're passing three cars going 45 or below.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Good? You shouldn't be using force unless it's absolutely necessary, and if it's absolutely necessary you aren't going to be thinking of how fucking channel 3 will report on it, you are going to be trying to avoid death or serious injury.

Apparently only 25% of cops aren't retarded, at least if this data is to be believed.
    It's not good that they're reluctant to stop and question people, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Murders climbed sharply in large cities for the second year in a row.

But hey, at least the cops are finally being less racist. I'm glad the DoJ decided that their top enforcement priority was to focus on racist police work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post

But hey, at least the cops are finally being less racist. I'm glad the DoJ decided that their top enforcement priority was to focus on racist police work.
    I would argue that addressing the racism and unprofessionalism of law enforcement is a key aspect of maintaining public order if only because it might present solutions to resolving the lack of trust between police and the civilian body.

The DoJ's major conclusion had more to do with the fact that most police are woefully undertrained.

Has any correlation been shown between those increased murder rates and cops ignoring crime? and if cops are ignoring crime, why aren't we holding them responsible for it?
    This really shows a complete lack of knowledge about how policing works. Whatever, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I seriously doubt he was telling the truth. You don't get up to 96 when you're passing three cars going 45 or below.
    Yeah. I also have somewhat hard time believing that cops just say "dunt do it again" if someone goes over twice a speed limit, plus passing on lane where it's not allowed. It's not just minor crime, but several major ones, I bet even in freedomland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Are you a minority? Because clearly there is a big difference in how the Cops treat you based on how you look.
    Oh, so this is a "all cops are racist" thread now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I call bullshit.

Why aren't people recording this shit? You'd think that you'd record yourself everyday if you get pulled over several times a week. If that happened to me, I'd get a dash camera as soon as possible. Hell, I'd go above and beyond that and record my speedometer. So that when it happens I could take them to court and sue the state.
    She has and she is. I just said she's taking it to court.

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    You mean when someone else is driving the car, they don't get stopped for those things? What a fucking concept! Maybe she just can't fucking drive properly? I know, I know, it has to be a Race Thing (tm).

And I seriously doubt she's getting pulled over "a few times per week", and a "few hundred per month in tickets"; if she was getting that many tickets, her insurance rates would be in the 1000s per month by now. So please spare the sensationalism.
    Don't ask me, I don't normally ride with her, this is just what her wife is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Still you have to pay first and get your money back later, for something you haven´t done? Great system o_O
    Not any of the times I go. You either pay by the date or set a court date by the date, if you set a court date you dont pay till after your appearance.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post

It's the Rotherham syndrome all over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Oh, so this is a "all cops are racist" thread now?
    No, this is a 'racist cops are racist' thread.

Deleted
    Are you a minority? Because clearly there is a big difference in how the Cops treat you based on how you look.
    In usa probably. Never noticed anything in europe.

https://news.vice.com/story/cops-say...e-or-use-force

If you follow the rules you shouldn't be worried about the consequences. It's when we have cops who are mistreating suspects or even worse, shooting without cause, then the issue arises.
    Except 99% of the time the police are following the rules.... and then get berated for it. As such they are now doing a worse job to avoid public scrutiny and being branded a racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    Except 99% of the time the police are following the rules.
    Clearly not, since the amount of racially motivated police violence and excessive force in general is statistically significant.

Hardly unexpected from people who undergo less training than your average hairdresser, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Fun Facts:

1) I've been pulled over doing 96 in a 45, passing 3 cars simultaneously in a no passing zone (<3 third gear). The road has no shoulder, just 1 lane each side, in order to find somewhere safe to pull over I had to drive about 4 minutes (flashers on, driving slow) before pulling over into a closed catering place. To add to it I had an army of cops pull up when I pulled over. I didn't end up dead or get the book thrown at me because I was respectful and courteous to the cop.

2) Thanksgiving eve many years ago I was pulled over outside of a local bar, dragged out of my car and accused of drunk driving. I offered simply to take a breathalizer on the spot ( I hadn't drank that night at all), they refused and forced me to parade around doing all sorts of sobriety tests for about 20 minutes that I easily passed.

I was let go with no tickets or any issues because I was courteous and respectful to the cops, when I would have been justified in pushing back.

I was raised that you treat the law with respect and that you fight your battles in court not on the street. Here I am today not dead or in jail and a relatively productive member of society.
    Most people will claim your living / not being thrown in jail is due to being white... I say as I scroll down and find that exact comment from the obviously racist OP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Clearly not, since the amount of racially motivated police violence and excessive force in general is statistically significant.

Hardly unexpected from people who undergo less training than your average hairdresser, really.
    Last I checked stats said that the number of fatal encounters with police is held by white people. AKA more white people are being killed then any one else, its almost like.. if you pull a gun on a cop.. white or black you get shot. WHO'D HAVE EVER GUESSED.

Edit: Since im sure some one will be like "FACTS OR ELSE!" https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ice-shootings/

2x the fatal shootings were perpetrated against white people, so I say again... PULL A GUN ON A COP, GET SHOT, YOUR RACE IS IRRELEVANT.
    Last edited by Christonya; 2017-01-14 at 12:28 AM.

Care to explain how?
    Not really. I don't think I'm likely to be able to frame it in a fashion that you'll find compelling. Suffice it to say, the problem isn't cops ignoring openly committed crimes though.

Clearly.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/u...ings.html?_r=0

I watched a video on the youtube yesterday on a moto vlogger getting pulled over the the USA. Everytime he reached for his wallet or insurance (like why the fuck do you even need to carry this) he told the officer where he was reaching and what he was getting.

It was bizarre that he needed to do this while the cop stood with his hand resting on his gun in its holster.

In my country when you get pulled over the reach for whatever you want and the cop is barely even paying attention to what you are doing. The problem is as much American culture of guns and violence and police training there. Americans whole culture is broken and has far more in common with third world countries than it's western counterparts.

Well, I'm sure there is some truth to that. But I was recently working with at a customer location in Mississippi and the local guy is black. We were talking about some of the recent issues and he shared similar stories about getting pulled over for doing 95 in a 55 and such. But he said pretty much the same thing. He works to put the officer at ease, give him his yes sirs and no sirs and keep everything low tone. Granted he's older (around mid 50s) and he understand how the world works. He then said that one of his sons on the other hand, has to argue every inch of the way. One gets tickets, the other gets warnings.

But I understand it's probably really tough for inner city kids. They come up believing that po po is out to get them from day 1. And some may think that if they act tough enough, Jonny law will back down. It seems pretty evident that mindset is a gamble that doesn't pay out very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    The problem is as much American culture of guns and violence and police training there. Americans whole culture is broken and has far more in common with third world countries than it's western counterparts.
    You understand that the huge bulk of Americans dont' carry guns right? You understand that many of the shoot outs comes from when they pull over drug dealers and the like. So yes, we have a gun culture and that makes things tougher, The illegal drug and gang envirnoments are were the real problem is at.

In the farm lands you have all kinds of people with guns, especially during hunting seasons, yet no where near the level of violence. So people owning guns isn't the pure issue.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2017-01-14 at 12:28 AM.